GUILTY GA - Neveah Pinckney, 3, beaten to death, DeKalb County, 21 Aug 2012

noZme

Reaction score
Atlanta: Selena Denise Rivera, 42, told police she was in bed reading the Bible when she noticed Neveah Pinckney’s eyes rolling back and a white foam coming from her nose. An hour later the child was pronounced dead at Egelston Hospital.

An autopsy determined the 3 year old died from blunt force trauma, and scarring indicated she had been previously been injured. GA Department of Family and Children Services was imvolved 2 weeks prior when the girl was hospitalized for "a seizure while in the shower and fell striking her forehead” .

The child’s 8-year-old sister told police she watched her grandmother “beating the victim with a silver pipe on the day she died and shoved the victim in a closet,” Neveah wasn’t breathing when Rivera got her out of the closet.

Murder charges. Bail denied.

How terrible a grandmother.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

What the heck did she do to possibly deserve this.

I read "she was in bed reading the Bible" and was like uhuh whatever.

Poor sweet baby. R.I.P

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

How awful for the big sister to have witnessed such an evil act by someone who was suppose to love and care for them. Sadly at 8 yrs she will remember this. I hope someone will tell her that her sister is safe now in the arms of God, and will never hurt again. Praying that she gets placed in a loving home, and goes on to find peace and happiness in her life.

I think in the Websleuth's forum there are at least 3 little girls named Nevaeh, "heaven" spelled backwards, who were violently murdered & went to heaven before their 5th birthdays.

Gramma needs to have her own come to Jesus moment. In a prison shower stall, on the other end of a silver pipe.

RIP little one.:please:

I am just DONE. I am just DONE with all these murderous <selfsnip> who take out their own self loathing or impatience or lack of basic humanity on their children or grandchildren.

I am so very sorry little precious one. Rest in peace now Neveah.

ETA pretty frickin sad when Gramma is a better alternative then mom in this instance. Wonder what prevented the child's mother from having her?

I am so angry. :(

Someone needs to beat Granny upside her head until she has foam coming out of her mouth! Some of these cases and crimes against children make my blood boil and I say an eye for an eye!

Grandma is 42 and has an 8yr old grandchild. Why am I not surprised? :banghead:

In what galaxy is it that someone thinks it's ok to hit someone with a pipe, especially a toddler?! :furious:

I wonder what that poor baby was thinking when grandma kept on swinging that pipe down? Poor little thing RIP.

I think in the Websleuth's forum there are at least 3 little girls named Nevaeh, "heaven" spelled backwards, who were violently murdered & went to heaven before their 5th birthdays.

Your right. When I saw the name in the description thread, I thought it had to do with an old story, as I knew I had read that name here before. Sad.

Grandma is 42 and has an 8yr old grandchild. Why am I not surprised? :banghead:

In what galaxy is it that someone thinks it's ok to hit someone with a pipe, especially a toddler?! :furious:

BBM While I totally get your frustration I wanted to point out that I am 46 and have an 11 year old granddaughter. I have never struck anyone child or adult with a pipe.

I took no offense at the age reference but others might. Her being a young mother and then a young grandmother is not what caused this, although it does probably give us clues about the likely socioeconomic and societal status of this woman.

Just makes me sick. Still can't get over the fact that this child was in gramma's care in the first place. If gramma was the more responsible - maternal between the two options what then does this say about this poor child's brief life? Did no one ever love her or afford her the stability and protection every child deserves? Nobody? Ever? Very very sad.

BBM While I totally get your frustration I wanted to point out that I am 46 and have an 11 year old granddaughter. I have never struck anyone child or adult with a pipe.

I took no offense at the age reference but others might. Her being a young mother and then a young grandmother is not what caused this, although it does probably give us clues about the likely socioeconomic and societal status of this woman.

Just makes me sick. Still can't get over the fact that this child was in gramma's care in the first place. If gramma was the more responsible - maternal between the two options what then does this say about this poor child's brief life? Did no one ever love her or afford her the stability and protection every child deserves? Nobody? Ever? Very very sad.

Sorry, it wasn't my intent to offend anyone.

I know that being a young parent doesn't automatically make someone an abuser. I think I'm probably sensitive to it because there have been some local cases this last year where it was the case of very young, immature parents being completely unprepared to be parents that contributed to abuse.

Sorry, it wasn't my intent to offend anyone.

I know that being a young parent doesn't automatically make someone an abuser. I think I'm probably sensitive to it because there have been some local cases this last year where it was the case of very young, immature parents being completely unprepared to be parents that contributed to abuse.

no offense taken, just like to represent whenever possible that many young mothers turn out to be wonderful parents (patting self on back). :)

This woman had to know what she was doing!!! I'm surprised we even know about this child and she didn't disappear.

It has been a pretty popular name the last few years in the South, anyway.

September 2015:

Judge Mark Scott sentenced Rivera to life with the possibility of parole, meaning she will have to serve at least 30 years...

Prosecutors said 45-year-old Selena Rivera never accepted responsibility for the brutal murder of Nevaeh Pinckney in 2012 and even waived her right to appear before the judge for Wednesday's sentencing.

http://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/20545768-story

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100