I would like to ask a question

tamid

Former Member
Reaction score
I have never been on a forum before and now that I have joined this one I think that starting new threads may not be a good idea. I would like to know about starting threads and such... I am a newcomer and have lots of questions. I really do not want to bore anyone with old questions.

tamid said:
I have never been on a forum before and now that I have joined this one I think that starting new threads may not be a good idea. I would like to know about starting threads and such... I am a newcomer and have lots of questions. I really do not want to bore anyone with old questions.
Starting a new thread is fine. We've just had WAY to many "Amber" threads on the Laci forum of late. (I actually agree; there have been too many. How many ways can you say "Amber?" :D )

However, if you have a topic/question that has not been posted, start away. Jump in and get your feet wet. However, you might want to check back a few pages, first, (say, about 3-4, depending on the fourm) to see if this topic has already been posted/discussed recently. If that's the case, just make a post on that thread, asking YOUR question and/or stating your opinion, and that will "bump" that topic, to the top so everyone can see it, again.

Thank you because that was one more question what does "bumping" mean?

Yeah I'm dumb!!

Sprocket said:
We've just had WAY to many "Amber" threads on the Laci forum of late. :D )

Is that possible? :p

tamid said:
Thank you because that was one more question what does "bumping" mean?

Yeah I'm dumb!!
If you post on an old thread it "bumps" it up to the top of the forum where it can be seen again. You're not dumb..you just got to hang around for awhile.
I just make it up as I go along:D

Sprocket said:
Yeah, you "spin" some good ones, lol! I think, it's time for.....
PIE! :D
You should show Tamid how to bump the pie thread

tamid said:

Yes, please, we NEED NO MORE BORING PEOPLE on this forum....
yawn1.gif

Also, it's probably a good idea to stay away from RELIGION (not that there's anything wrong with that) threads!

And my personal favorite for newcomers is:
Don't take anyone's opinion as being the be-all, end-all of the universe. (I know, several posters will disagree with me....) If someone is rude, shrug it off. Life is too short to give rude people any power over you.

Sheromom said:
What is a "sticky" thread?
From my understanding - a sticky thread usually contains only " news alerts" related to a current event. This is just my guess. :dance:

DS:blowkiss:

Edited to ask

Where exactly is Whidbey Island, Washington?

I'm very familiar with the Islands in Washington State and don't seem to recall that one?

Sheromom said:
What is a "sticky" thread?
A "stickey" thread can be any thread the Mod's decide to place a "stickey" on. That keeps the thread at the top of the stack so that posters can find it easier. It's usually (but not always) one that has important news information, background on a criminal case, or a list of the specific players involved.

But "stickey's" are not limited to that. Admin can place a stickey at the top of a forum to notify posters of important information, and to be sure they see it and read it. And, in the Jury Room, there is a stickey for prayer requests.

Just depends.

I have a question too. Sometimes when you view a profile, it will say "Offline".
Other times it will say offline, but will tell you when the last activity was.

How come all profiles where the people are offline, don't show the last activity - only some do?

Where exactly is Whidbey Island, Washington?

I'm very familiar with the Islands in Washington State and don't seem to recall that one?

We are the largest island right off the coast of Washington. Our biggest town is Oak Harbor. More people seem to know Oak Harbor than Whidbey Island. It is a very beautiful place! If you are a tourist in the area, you probably have driven over Deception Pass bridge. That would bring you to Whidbey Island.

Thanks for the info.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back