GUILTY IN - Charles Howard, 16, dies of prescription OD, Muncie, 11 July 2012

peeples

Reaction score
http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/crime/mom-charged-with-causing-teens-suicide?hpt=ju_bn5

Sabrina Howard, 40, of Muncie is charged with neglect of a dependent and causing suicide, both Class B felonies. Police say she knew her son had taken her pills, yet she did nothing about it until it was too late.

In January she took the teen to the emergency room because he was acting suicidal. Doctors recommended checking the teen into a mental health facility. Police say Howard ignored the advice and took her son home. The Indiana Department of Child Services documented the decision.

“It's kind of a sad situation. This kid cried out for help. Mom didn't answer that cry for help. It may have been because of her drug lifestyle," said Cook.

So according to the article relatives knew what this young man was going through yet they did nothing. It's so sad when everyone around a child fails them. Why wasn't he taken away from the mother by CPS?

You know, sometimes someone can be depressed and suicidal and you do everything you possibly can to keep that person alive and it fails. In this case, no one did anything, and because of that this young man is dead. It should have been his mother.

I'm sorry if I offend anyone with that comment but I'm just so sick of drug addicted parents, negligent parents, abusive parents.

So according to the article relatives knew what this young man was going through yet they did nothing. It's so sad when everyone around a child fails them.

It is sad. My heart breaks for this child. Honestly when it comes down to it people just do not want to get involved or think they can't or actually protect the parent. This poor kid lived in constant fear he'd find his own mother dead.

Also we are still so backward when it comes to mental health care. The young man was screaming for help in his own way. So often people figure it's a phase or they want to keep it in a family secret so nobody is stigmitized. This is what happens when they do.

In October, Sabrina Howard was arrested and charged with aggravated battery and two counts of neglect of a dependent. She was scheduled for trial last month for this case. I'm not sure it that took place.

Police: Muncie woman battered 75-year-old mom

City police say a Muncie woman severely battered her 75-year-old mother.

Sabrina Ann Howard, 44, of the 1400 block of South Burlington Drive, was arrested early Saturday, preliminarily charged with aggravated battery and two counts of neglect of a dependent.

Officer Damon Stovall reported when he entered the home, there was "blood all over the place and chairs knocked over." Another family member, who had called police, was holding Howard down, while the alleged victim was "leaning against the wall covered in blood."

Howard is set to stand trial Nov. 21 in Delaware Circuit Court 4 on a charge of neglect of a dependent resulting in serious bodily injury. That case stems from the 2012 death of her 16-year-old son, who authorities say took his own life by overdosing on his mother's prescription medications.

Also that day, Howard is scheduled to stand trial on two charges — battery resulting in moderate bodily injury and domestic battery — filed in June. She was convicted in 2015 of disorderly conduct and public intoxication.

Hopefully the parent that chose to leave their young children in her care is also investigated. I'm not sure any child stands a chance in this family sadly. So heartbreaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Case # 18C04-1209-FB-000032
Inmate # 240737

Sabrina Ann Howard pleaded guilty in March of 2017 to one charge of neglect of a dependent resulting in serious bodily injury. She was sentenced to ten years in prison with two years suspended.

She is serving her sentence at the Indiana Women's Prison. Her projected release date is 10/06/2020.

https://public.courts.in.gov/mycase/#/vw/Search

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back