GUILTY NC - Kennedy McLaurin, 16, Goldsboro, 9 Sept 2012

Seymour Krelborn

Feed Me!
Reaction score
Website
www.websleuths.com
KENNEDY MCLAURIN, Age Now: 16, Missing: 09/09/2012. Missing From GOLDSBORO, NC. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Goldsboro Police Department (North Carolina) 1-919-705-6572.

More...

Amber Alert issued for missing 16-year-old

There's an Amber Alert in effect for 16-year-old Kennedy McLaurin Jr.

Family members say they last saw 16 year-old Kennedy Mclaurin Jr. on Sunday.

Police say he was with a friend when they began a conversation with someone in a car, that's when he was grabbed and stuffed in the car.

Goldsboro Police say he was abducted by four people. Investigators say they aren't sure who those four people are.

More: http://www2.wnct.com/news/2012/sep/12/6/amber-alert-issued-missing-16-year-old-ar-2600930/

kennedy-fitzgerald-mclaurin

Amber Alert issued for teen boy

Goldsboro authorities have issued an Amber Alert for a 16-year-old boy who was reportedly abducted.

[snip]

They said they got information that McLaurin was abducted from the 700 block of Bain Street in the Woodcrest Housing Community and forced into a blue older model 4-door Buick or Lincoln by three or four unknown black males.

More: http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8807760

Police said McLaurin, a junior at Goldsboro High School who also goes by the nickname "Little Ken," was last seen around 1 p.m. Sunday.

His mother, Kimberly Best, said she reported him missing Monday after becoming concerned when he didn't come home Sunday night. After hearing rumors that he had been abducted, she called police.

[snip]

Police did not release any further information. A spokeswoman for the city of Goldsboro said the Amber Alert wasn't issued until Wednesday, partly because police had to verify the rumors.

More: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/11536201/

Police say he was with a friend when they began a conversation with someone in a car, that's when he was grabbed and stuffed in the car.

Goldsboro Police say he was abducted by four people. Investigators say they aren't sure who those four people are.

More: http://www2.wnct.com/news/2012/sep/12/6/amber-alert-issued-missing-16-year-old-ar-2600930/

NCMC1202481c1.jpg

NCMEC - http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...en_US&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=1202481&seqNum=1

"Police say he was with a friend when they began a conversation with someone in a car, that's when he was grabbed and stuffed in the car."

Does the friend know who the people/person they were talking to in the car are/is?

Why wasn't friend taken as well?

something isnt right here.. Why did the friend not run off to his mom screaming that the boy was abducted... and they wait 2 days to get this info out.. WTH!!!

I wonder if there is gang activity in the area and if this could be gang related? It was my first thought when I read what happened for some reason. Might also explain why the friend didn't go running to tell someone he had been abducted...

A gang initiation maybe? Sometimes wannabe gang members have to do something to become a member - maybe snatch someone off the street?

I sure hope the friend he was with has told all he knows.

ETA: Here's another thought - someone may have a beef with a member of Ken's family. This may be someone's way of sending a message.

(I think) Kennedy's dad is also named Kennedy McLaurin (probably different middle names), hence the nickname "Lil Ken".

(O/T: Mom & I have same first names. I'm a Lil, too.)

Both Ken & Dad have FB pages, but are private apart from profile/cover pics.

It's been a week....that's a lot of time for this young man to be gone. Praying he is safe and can make it home to his family.

This could be retaliation for something.
Some of these gangs are so bad that their initiation involves actually killing someone. I hope it isn't something like that, but it sure does not sound good.

http://newsone.com/2040795/kennedy-fitzgerald-mclaurin-missing/

Sep 17, 2012 By Jeff Mays

Kennedy Fitzgerald McLaurin
Case Type: Endangered
DOB: Jan 15, 1996
Missing Date: September 9, 2012
Age Now: 16
Missing City: Goldsboro
Missing State: North Carolina
Case Number: NCMC1202481
Race: Black
Complexion: Dark
Height: 5’9″
Weight: 135
Hair Color: Black
Hair Length: Short
Eye Color: Brown
Wear Glasses or Contacts: No
Location Last Seen: Police believe McLaurin may have been abducted. According to authorities, McLaurin was forced in to a late-model 1990s bluish/gray 4-door Oldsmobile by three or four unknown men at the 700 block of Bain Street in the Woodcrest Housing Community.

An Amber Alert was issued in the case, after McLaurin’s mother, Kimberly Best, said he failed to return home Sunday night. The teen was last seen at 1 p.m. Sunday.

“Whoever took my son, bring him back home, release him, or give a tip where he’s at,” McLaurin’s father, Ken McLaurin Sr., told WRAL.com

McLaurin is a high school junior who loved boxing and had begun to think about applying to college, said McLaurin Sr.

The family believes someone knows what happened in the case.
“His family is going through a lot, and it’s hurting. It hurts really bad,” said McLaurin Sr.

Circumstances of Disappearance: McLaurin was last seen traveling in a blue older model Buick or Lincoln sedan. Police are looking for a 1990s bluish-gray, four-door Oldsmobile that has faded paint.
Last Seen Wearing: Unknown.

Identifying Marks or Characteristics: Both of Kennedy’s ears are pierced and he has a tattoo of the initial “K” on his left hand.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Kennedy Fitzgerald McLaurin can call a tip line at (919) 580-4243, the Goldsboro Police Department at (919) 705-6572 or Crime Stoppers at (919) 735-2255. You may also contact the Black and Missing Foundation’s confidential Tip Line.

He's been missing for 8 days now.

Attachments

• 1307a.jpg
    1307a.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 7
This is not looking good :( 8 days? I dont know how some of these parents hold it together ...I dont think Id have the strength.

Oh my the poor parents. Seems like with the Amber Alert and description of the car, someone would have seen them. Wonder if the friends he was with possibly recognized the car or any of the perps. How much did they see and I sure do hope they were interviewed thoroughly. I need to go back and re-read some of the links here. Maybe would answer some of my questions.

The article doesn't give any description of the men who took him. No mention if he seemed to know the men or if there was a struggle, or any weapons.

Mom Pleads For Return

The mother of a missing Goldsboro teenager is pleading for the return of her son, who police say was kidnapped more than a week ago.

"I need my baby home. It's been eight days, and I just need him back home," Kimberly Best told reporters at a police news conference Monday afternoon. "Getting up in the morning is hard. Going to bed at night is hard. I don't know where he is."

"Kennedy McLaurin is still in fact missing. The statewide Amber Alert is still currently in effect," Dean said. "Investigators continue to follow up on tips that have to come in and have passed out fliers in the Bain Street area in an attempt to gather more information concerning this case."

Snipped: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/11558382/

Video of the mom speaking at link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage