TX TX - Katherine Stobaugh, 43, Sanger, 28 December 2004

fourboys

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.angelsmissing.com
Pls merge if already posted, but could not find Katherine searching her last name Stobaugh.

Missing Person Details
Name:Katherine Lynn Stobaugh
AKA: Kathy
Case Number: M0501007
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible
Last Seen in: Sanger (Denton County)
Last Seen on: 12/28/2004
Height: 5' 7 "
Weight: 180 lbs.
Age Missing: 43
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Sandy
Date of Birth: 2/24/1961
Race: White
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA [/b]

Picture of Katherine:
http://www.angelsmissing.com/forum/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=422

Circumstances: Mrs. Stobaugh was last seen wearing a white shirt, gray flannel pants and a black hooded jacket. She also was wearing glasses and a gold necklace and earrings.

Contact Information:
Denton County Sheriff's Department - (940) 898-5620

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M1/7/200510:01:04AM'

Denton - Missing woman's family adds $10,000 to reward

January 10 2004

The family of a Denton County woman missing since Dec. 28 will add $10,000 to the $1,000 Crime Stoppers reward for information about her disappearance, relatives said Saturday.

Katherine Lynn "Kathy" Stobaugh, 43, was last seen at the home of her estranged husband, Charles Stobaugh. Ms. Stobaugh is described as white, 5 feet 7 inches tall, weighing about 180 pounds, with sandy hair and green eyes. She wears glasses and was wearing a gold necklace and earrings.

Denton County sheriff's investigators and the Texas Rangers consider Mr. Stobaugh, who is separated from Ms. Stobaugh, a person of interest in the case.

Anyone with information about her disappearance can call Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-388-8477.

http://www.familybadge.org/index.cfm/act/newsletter.cfm/category/texas%20police%20news/Startrow/3/MenuGroup/Home/NewsletterID/8826.htm

Reward for Stobaugh up to $61,000

By J OSBORNE, Editor
January 11 2005

What happened to Kathy Stobaugh?

That's the question bothering her family, friends, Denton County sheriff deputies, the Texas Department of Public Safety and the Texas Rangers.

Louis Hames, her uncle and spokesman for the family said, "I see this on TV and it's somebody else. But it's the last thing you think about when you go to be and the first thought when you get up -- you don't get any sleep."

Katherine Stobaugh, a 43-year-old, 180 pound, 5-foot-7-inch woman with sandy brown hair, was added to a list missing persons on the Texas Department of Public Safety Web site Friday.

According to the Texas Missing Persons Clearinghouse (www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch) Katherine Lynn Stobaugh was last seen on Dec. 28 wearing a white shirt, gray flannel pants and a black hooded jacket. She also was wearing glasses and a gold necklace and earrings. The web site lists her case type as "Endangered -- Foul Play Possible."

Keela Stobaugh, her sister-in-law, corrected that date to Dec. 29. She said, "We just don't know what happened. We honestly don't know."

It was reported that the missing woman was last seen at her estranged husband's Sanger home. Charles Edward Stobaugh told investigators he spoke to her and then watched her drive away. The next morning he awoke and found her car in his driveway, said Tom Reedy, a Denton County sheriff's spokesman.

EDITED BY DP DUE TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT

Crime Stoppers is offering a $1,000 reward to anyone with information leading to an arrest in the case. Call Denton County Crime Stoppers at (800) 388-8477 or (940) 349-1555.

http://www.gainesvilleregister.com/articles/2005/01/10/news/news1.txt

Search for woman includes husband's farm

By Leila Fadel
Star-Telegram Staff Writer
Posted on Fri, Jan. 14, 2005

SANGER - Law enforcement agents from the FBI, the Denton County Sheriff's Department and the Texas Rangers were searching the property of a missing woman's estranged husband, officials said.

The Texas Rangers obtained a search warrant Thursday afternoon from Denton County and started to explore the 105-acre farm about 10 a.m. Friday.

Katherine Lynn Stobaugh, 43, disappeared Dec. 28. Her daughter reported her missing four days later.

Stobaugh's car was found in the driveway of Charles Edward Stobaugh's northwest Denton property. He told law enforcement agents that he spoke to his wife on the evening of Dec. 28 and then watched her drive away. The next morning he found her car in his driveway.

Katherine Stobaugh filed for divorce in May. In June, Charles Stobaugh was served with a temporary restraining order.

"There's no evidence that says she ever left this property," said Tom Reedy, Denton County Sheriff's Department spokesman. "If she's not here we need to know, and if she is here we need to find her."

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/10647928.htm

Woman Disappeared Dec. 28

POSTED: 8:34 am CST January 5, 2005
UPDATED: 2:01 pm CST January 14, 2005

FORT WORTH, Texas -- The Denton County Sheriff's office, the Texas Rangers and the FBI began searching Charles Stobaugh's property early Friday morning.

According to the search warrant, they authorities are looking for the body of his estranged wife, Kathy Stobaugh. Cadaver dogs from the FBI Evidence Response Team were used in the search.

Denton County deputies have been looking for Stobaugh, 43, since December.

Stobaugh's family members said she hasn't been seen since she left her home Dec. 28. Investigators told NBC 5 that Stobaugh's daughter notified police of her disappearance. She told police that her brother said Stobaugh had gone to their father's house and that she had seen her mother's car there.

Stobaugh's daughter said she talked to her father (pictured, above), who told her he had seen her mother pull out of the drive but when he woke up, the car was in the driveway.

Stobaugh (pictured, right) is white, 5 foot 7 inches tall and weighs about 180 pounds. She has sandy hair, green eyes and wears glasses. Stobaugh was last seen wearing a gold necklace and earrings.

Search crews, including the Sanger Police Department and the Texas Rangers, spent Tuesday looking near Sanger.

Channel 5

With HOPE for Katherine, Lanie

POSTED: 9:39 am CST March 2, 2005
UPDATED: 10:07 am CST March 2, 2005

DALLAS -- The search for a missing Denton County woman came up empty once again.

Deputies searched for Katherine Stobaugh (pictured, left) near Sanger Tuesday morning.

Stobaugh disappeared on Dec. 29.

Crews searched near the property owned by her estranged husband.

Investigators said Charles Stobaugh, who is not cooperating with authorities, is still a person of interest.

Story here

Praying for answers and soon, Lanie

December 28, 2005

SANGER, Texas -- Katherine Stobaugh went missing from Sanger on Dec. 29, 2004. Investigators found her vehicle parked outside her estranged husband's home just days later, but have yet to locate Stobaugh or her remains.

Stobaugh, a Denton County school teacher, was missing for five days before her disappearance was reported to police, according to authorities.

After finding her vehicle, sheriff's deputies focused their search on her husband's home and property. Investigators said they consider the man, Charles Stobaugh, to be a potential suspect in the case.

"We haven't found Katherine Stobaugh," Tom Reedy, of the Denton County Sheriff's Office, said. "We suspect foul play, and the person we want to talk to -- which is Charles Stobaugh, her husband -- won't talk to us."

Continued:

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/5695915/detail.html

She files for divorce.....gets a restraining order.....goes to his house...I wonder what for....her car is found in his driveway but she has disappeared.

I wonder if LE took dogs out on that property? He won't cooperate???????

I wonder why it took so long for her to be listed as missing? Did her son live with her or the husband? If he lived with his mom the boy would have realized right away that she was missing. Can't figure out why the family waited so long to go to LE.

We drove through Sanger and Denton on Christmas Eve - I noticed two huge billboards that I don't think were there before. I think they're fairly new.

Interesting, this case seems to be heating up after a year. It sure sounds like the exhusband might know something.

I'd bet my teeth her husband knows what happened to her. Who else would have motive? He sees her drive away, next morning her car is back in his driveway....:waitasec: Maybe her family didn't call to report her missing right was because they thought she and hubby were working out their differences?

This month, relatives of Kathy Stobaugh scoured the grounds of a local cemetery and a dry creek bed nearby, searching for a clue to whether the missing kindergarten teacher is alive or dead.
The search was in vain, like more than 20 others the family has conducted since the Sanger woman vanished Dec. 29, 2004.
"We checked that area for whatever we could find, but there was nothing out there that could help us out," said her brother Chris Munday of Mansfield.
No one has been charged with a crime in connection with Stobaugh's disappearance. Charles Stobaugh, her estranged husband, is the only suspect, according to the Denton County Sheriff's Department.
He was given the opportunity to take a lie-detector test in January 2005 but declined, telling police that he doesn't know what happened to his wife, investigators said. Charles Stobaugh, whose phone is unlisted, could not be reached for comment.
Friends and family are determined to keep the investigation going until Kathy Stobaugh, a mother of two, is found.
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/13637204.htm

I realise that LE is looking for her in Texas, and that is the most likely place that they will find her.

I have been searching for a Match to a Jane Doe, that was found in February 2005 (estimated to have died in November 2004) that the reconstruction bears a strong resemblence to Katherine

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/207ufnj.html

The stats don't match though as Katherine was 43 and Jane Doe is estimated to be 25-35. The big question is why would Katherine be in New Jersey?

Thought I'd mention it.

The pics show a very strong resemblence imo but I went over all the details and even though quite a bit of things are off but not that much that it couldn't be her. The height and weight as well as age but these have been off before, there is no mention of the watch for instance but lists gold jewelry. Fingerprints are available though and there's no mention of clothes which would have ended up in the water anyway but there aren't any details on shoes or socks in the clothing description for the missing woman. The estimate on the timeline fits if you take into account that there's a month in between because surely they cannot give a more accurate time of death that too can be off a little. As for demographics I don't think that's a reason to rule her out because she may have left the state to get away from her husband for instance or many other possibilities.

There was one black cowboy boot found on Jane Doe (which made me think of Texas). The only thing I can envision is if she was enticed to go to New York for New Years? (its in the area) and something happened while she was there?

Don't know

Has anyone called this tip in? (That she seems to match a Jane Doe in NJ?) The resemblance is very striking.

If her car was found in his driveway and a farm at that she had to leave another way and from what I read there were 4 days before her daughter reported her missing. Could the husband have talked her into a road trip? My ex-bf surprised me with a romantic trip to the big apple for New Years, very romantic. Perhaps he was trying to reconcile with her and used such a ploy? Philly is another big city with elaborate parties going on for New Years, come to think of it they all do. My ex-husband was of the mentality that he would always try and talk me into reconciling first, then try and kill me. They have fingerprints so have you sent it in Ponder? The more decomposed the body the harder it is to be exact on the details and a drowning death can also be a murder as well as accident but they are estimating nov. as time of death and not too many people are gonna be on the water in November in NJ. If the two police agencies get together the mystery might be solved because then maybe someone will remember having seen her, where she stayed, etc.

No I didn't contact anyone about this possible match because the stats are too far off. I'm sure that New Jersey won't listen - their email is [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]missingp@gw.njsp.org [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]if anyone wants to try.[/font]

I'd like to send an email to Katherine's investigators, as I think they'd be the most likely to listen, but I visited the Denton County Sherrif's office's website and they have a whole list of telephone numbers but no email. Same for Crimestoppers in the area.

I find it too difficult to explain web pages and such. Whenever I've called I usually go through this big long talk with someone then they give me an email as its too confusing!

So... to make a long story short, no I haven't. If any of you live in the area though or don't mind the telephone please feel free to call (Note: The City services will be closed tomorrow for Presidents Day).

Already done Ponder, I sent e-mail's that I copied and pasted with the two pages for comparison to NJ. State Police and Tx. special victims unit and Tx. criminal inv. I used both links to pull up the pages and gave them in the e-mail for comparison so hopefully they'll check it.

strach304 said:
Already done Ponder, I sent e-mail's that I copied and pasted with the two pages for comparison to NJ. State Police and Tx. special victims unit and Tx. criminal inv. I used both links to pull up the pages and gave them in the e-mail for comparison so hopefully they'll check it.
Strach304 WONDERFUL! At least now they have this info!

PonderingThings said:
I realise that LE is looking for her in Texas, and that is the most likely place that they will find her.

I have been searching for a Match to a Jane Doe, that was found in February 2005 (estimated to have died in November 2004) that the reconstruction bears a strong resemblence to Katherine

http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/207ufnj.html

The stats don't match though as Katherine was 43 and Jane Doe is estimated to be 25-35. The big question is why would Katherine be in New Jersey?

Thought I'd mention it.
Wow, I agree that there is a strong resemblence there! And a cowboy boot! I hope LE does check this out!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back