Elizabeth Johnson Trial - Day 1 - Opening Statements, Thursday, Sept 20

artsy1

Reaction score
New thread for Thursday's opening statements in Elizabeth Johnson's trial.

Looking forward to all the updates! Thanks to all in advance!

Where is Baby Gabriel?? I'm hoping this trial will bring investigators one step closer to finding him. It appears EJ has some anger issues. Maybe she'll get angry enough to spout out where Baby Gabriel is during the trial? One can wish.

In the meantime, let's git-r-done! :jail:

http://www.kpho.com/story/19590397/elizabeth-johnsons-lawyer-gives-insight-into-trial

Elizabeth Johnson's lawyer gives insight into trial

By Elizabeth Erwin

Thursday marks the first day in the kidnapping and custodial interference trial of Elizabeth Johnson. Johnson ran off with her son, Gabriel, just after Christmas 2009. Gabriel hasn't been seen since...

..."We all had a goal of getting a jury that was fair. And I think we accomplished that," Victor said...

..."Look, there may be issues that come up in this case that make them upset with Elizabeth Johnson, they may not like Elizabeth Johnson. I got all of them to agree to put that aside and decide this case based on the fact and evidence provided in court," Victor said.

Speaking of the facts, Victor said Johnson's missing baby isn't relevant.

"That's the issue everybody wants to know, where's baby Gabriel. That's not going to be resolved in this case. This case is not about that issue," Victor said...

More at link.

http://www.kpho.com/story/19590397/elizabeth-johnsons-lawyer-gives-insight-into-trial

Elizabeth Johnson's lawyer gives insight into trial

By Elizabeth Erwin

Thursday marks the first day in the kidnapping and custodial interference trial of Elizabeth Johnson. Johnson ran off with her son, Gabriel, just after Christmas 2009. Gabriel hasn't been seen since...

..."We all had a goal of getting a jury that was fair. And I think we accomplished that," Victor said...

..."Look, there may be issues that come up in this case that make them upset with Elizabeth Johnson, they may not like Elizabeth Johnson. I got all of them to agree to put that aside and decide this case based on the fact and evidence provided in court," Victor said.

Speaking of the facts, Victor said Johnson's missing baby isn't relevant.

"That's the issue everybody wants to know, where's baby Gabriel. That's not going to be resolved in this case. This case is not about that issue," Victor said...

More at link.

Thanks for the article. If it wasn't so sad, I'd be laughing.

If it's not the issue, we wouldn't be here, EJ wouldn't be on trial and Baby Gabriel would be safe in the arms of those who love him.

This case is a no brainer.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Mother...Johnson-goes-to-trial-Thursday-170443176.html

Mother of missing baby Gabriel Johnson goes to trial Thursday

PHOENIX -- Missing baby Gabriel Johnson vanished nearly three years ago, and Thursday his mother goes to trial on charges relating to his disappearance...

...Others scheduled to take the stand include Johnson's former roommate, Gabriel's grandfather, Frank McQueary, and others who knew her.

Also, police officers from Florida, where Johnson was found and arrested in early 2010, and Texas, where Gabriel was last scene, will appear before the jury. The woman who babysat Gabriel in a San Antonio hotel before he disappeared is also on the witness list...

...Johnson's attorney, Marc Victor, doesn't know if his client will take the stand.

"In the end, it's up to Elizabeth Johnson," Victor told 3TV.

"With her history of instability in the case, it's anyone's guess whether she can hold it together on any given day," said attorney Jason Lamm, who's followed the case from the start.

Johnson has fired several teams of attorneys, written critical letters to judges, and refused to even show up to court hearings at times. Her attorney says that's all in the past.

"Elizabeth is anxious to get this case to trial and have a jury hear her side," Victor said...

More at link with video.

I'm so ready for this trial to get going!

Very disappointed in IS for not even giving updates, though. At the beginning of the summer they were advertising that they would be live at this trial. I guess they changed their minds.......

:seeya:

Morning everybody-

My chakras are humming!

My barf bag is conveniently placed for use during Marc "Gabriel Who?" Victor's opening remarks.

And truly happy to share this day with all of you!

:wave: Mornin' to all of Gabriel's Angel's here at WS! Can someone tell me what time this shindig gets underway. I have classes today but I'm hoping with the time difference I'll be able to catch the trial. It's been a long time coming and I don't want to miss a thing!

:wave: Mornin' to all of Gabriel's Angel's here at WS! Can someone tell me what time this shindig gets underway. I have classes today but I'm hoping with the time difference I'll be able to catch the trial. It's been a long time coming and I don't want to miss a thing!

Looks to me like the trial is set to begin at 10:30 mountain time every day. So, 11:30 central, 12:30 eastern.

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.g...List.asp?ID=3287&startdate=9/20/2012&length=7

I've been to several sites and they are all broadcasting yesterday's newscasts about this trial. Maybe things are running late -- which would not be surprising to me.

Anybody out there have it really & truly in the courtroom today??

I've been to several sites and they are all broadcasting yesterday's newscasts about this trial. Maybe things are running late -- which would not be surprising to me.

Anybody out there have it really & truly in the courtroom today??

Look at Shelby1 post above for the times. HTH

Brought over from jury thread yesterday . . . .

The rest of the motions will be heard on Monday at 8:30am in State v Elizabeth Johnson. Opening Statements go forward tomorrow.

courtpio

I'm so ready for this trial to get going!

Very disappointed in IS for not even giving updates, though. At the beginning of the summer they were advertising that they would be live at this trial. I guess they changed their minds.......

Several days ago, the IS TH said that they would broadcast this whole trial "at a later date." They are gonna continue to show the Hemy Neuman trial and will follow that with the Johnson DUI - Vehicular Homicide trial. So it won't be IS with it live today -- unless something drastic has happened. I have been half-watching IS, and I haven't heard it mentioned today either, Shelby1. Grrrrrr.

Look at Shelby1 post above for the times. HTH
:seeya:
It helps a lot, auntiejoe!!! You know how we easterners think the world turns around the east coast states!.... For some reason, I had it in my head that the 10:30am time had already been "translated" to EDT. Doh. I'll be patient...

And again, thanks for calming me down & setting me straight!
icon12.gif

And another big thanks to Saba & Shelby1 as well!!

on Vinnie P tweet
Watch me tonite on Jane Velez talking about the #BabyGabe

A family member is posting on BHGJ
(http://www.facebook.com/groups/251236072296/) that EJ will be wearing a shock belt in court today.

I posted a minute entry earlier today on another thread that prohibits the use of the belt during
trial.http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/092012/m5426311.pdf

IT IS ORDERED granting the Motion to Remove Defendant’s Shock Belt.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED the defendant will not wear the belt during the Jury Trial.

The State presents argument requesting additional officers,
The Court allows the MCSO representative to speak in regards to additional officers needed.

THE COURT NOTES if there are any problems from the Defendant during Trial all of the security concerns from the State and MCSO will be revisited.

Has anyone seen anything in the news that this has been changed?

A family member is posting on BHGJ
(http://www.facebook.com/groups/251236072296/) that EJ will be wearing a shock belt in court today.

I posted a minute entry earlier today on another thread that prohibits the use of the belt during
trial.http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/092012/m5426311.pdf

IT IS ORDERED granting the Motion to Remove Defendant’s Shock Belt.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED the defendant will not wear the belt during the Jury Trial.

The State presents argument requesting additional officers,
The Court allows the MCSO representative to speak in regards to additional officers needed.

THE COURT NOTES if there are any problems from the Defendant during Trial all of the security concerns from the State and MCSO will be revisited.

Has anyone seen anything in the news that this has been changed?

Wonder if she made a fuss in the jail overnight?

Or maybe trying to save part of her breakfast to bring to court & the jail hadn't heard the judge said it was ok???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back