GUILTY NY - Luis Moreira, 2, beaten to death, Bayshore, 11 Jan 2005

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
The mother of the child sobbed out loud in arraignment court. She is obviously overwhelmed by grief. We're told she's pregnant, while her two-year old child is dead and her boyfriend is charged with murder.

27-year-old Desi Lainez is charged with a brutal and unimaginable crime. Police say he killed his girlfriend's two-year-old son because the toddler was making too much noise.

nvestigators say Lainez struck little Luis Moreira in the stomach with such force that the boy suffered severe internal injuries. Lainez and his girlfriend, 24-year-old Idalia Rivas live in Bayshore, where relatives say they are raising two children together.

Dion Lainez, brother: "He was always loving and caring. I just don't think so. I don't think it's possible."

Dion Lainez says his brother is innocent and believes police pressured him to confess.

<li> Dion Lainez: "He told them what they wanted to hear. They probably pressured him and pressured him into telling them that stuff."

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/news/wabc_011305_toddlermurder_noon.html

Well how does the guy's brother figure the two-year old got these injuries?? They never tell us that, do they?

I'm becoming rather callous as far as coered confessions go especially after spending so much time on the Riley Fox site. Another tragic loss of a child and still another report of support for the criminal. Is justice really blind or is it blind to the criminals.

From August 2005:

http://nypost.com/2005/08/25/tearful-tot-slayer-guilty/

The Long Island man who pummeled his girlfriend&#8217;s toddler to death because the child cried too much pleaded guilty yesterday to the heinous act...

Under a plea agreement with the Suffolk County district attorney, Lainez is expected to receive a prison sentence of 11 ½ years on the manslaughter rap.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back