NY NY - Bronx, WhtFem 25-45, UP8073, needle tracks, multiple tattoos, clothes, Mar'90

the known tattoos of Leann's don't match those on the UID.

I know sometimes they misstate right or left but here Leann had a tattoo of a cross on her left big toe and a butterfly on her stomach. these are not among the tattoos found on the deceased.

ETA - I am assuming that her extremely low weight was secondary to a heroin habit. so when trying to match a missing person, I'm sure she weighed more before spiraling downward and winding up in the South Bronx.

one other thing, her teeth. I get that she had no upper teeth (no dentures found) but they are silent on the lower teeth.

no reference to dentures but this is as good a potential match so far - Marilyn Roberts. at the time of her disappearance in 1988 from New Bedford, MA, she had needle marks and tattoos on both arms. could have had others or acquired more.

she was 5'4", brown hair, brown eyes and was 34 y.o.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/roberts_marilyn.html

I'm mildly surprised that DNA and fingerprints aren't available given the circumstances of her death and when she was found. NYC at that time was mayhem, and I understand that forensic samples may not have been taken if it wasn't a suspicious death, but the only explanation I can think of is that the case file was lost at some point.

I know it's farfetched but I've went through the MP list from 07/88 to 5/90 in Namus, fields entered were, Sex/height/eye color and also did tattoos with or without and only came up with one person matching (tats not listed) She seems to have a top plate to me. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11958/7/

NamUs UP 8073

https://identifyus.org/cases/8073

No Image Available

Unidentified White Female

recognizable face

Probable year of death: 1990

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 25-45
Approximate Height: 75 estimate.
Approximate Weight: 63 estimate.
Hair Color: Brown;
dark, thin, 6"
Eye Color:
Brown

Clothing & Accessories

Clothing: green sweater, white sweatshirt with blue pink and green heart design, yellow/brown corduroy jeans, red and white striped Men's bathing suit, purple undershit, pink sock, blue green and white wool scarf.

Scars and marks: needle marks on right forearm and possibly left forearm; multicolored tattoo on left forearm and right forearm; black dragon on left back, multicolor bat on right back, multicolor cross and ''In memory of Chino'' on right arm, multicolor rose with a name on right forearm, ''Crazy Track'' and 4 red hearts on right chest, multicolor sailing ship on left arm, ''Mike'' on left thigh, multicolor cat on right calf, letters and heart with arrow on left shin, unicorn below left thumb.
Footwear: nothing

Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is currently not available
Dentals:
Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
DNA: Sample is currently not available

Case History
Unknown white female found strangled on the roof of 15 Elliot Place.

Doe Network link

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1078ufny.html

Face is recognizable, but no picture? Why didn't they snap one?

All those tattoos and she still hasn't been identified? :(

The only rule out is Nadine Timm? I would've thought the tattoo would help a lot!

grasping at straws here but just thinking..
Lois owned a cat that she left behind and she had dark hair and her height seems to be around the same as the UID. She went missing from Brooklyn in 1989 she could of had a habit that no one knew about and just spiraled out of control.. who knows I just saw that the UID had a cat Tattoo and dark hair.... I wish there was a recon or or something more to go by

Lois Marta Darnopuk
Missing since April 9, 1989 from Brooklyn, Kings County, New York
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: July 20, 1956
Age at Time of Disappearance: 32 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1-5'3"; 105-110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Black straight hair, shoulder length or longer with bangs; hazel eyes.
Marks, Scars: Pierced ears. Possibly breast implants.
Clothing: Typically wore denim pants, t shirts and boots.
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
AKA: Cleo

Circumstances of Disappearance
Lois' last contact with her family was on April 9, 1989. Lois and her boyfriend were living together in an apartment in Brooklyn, NY at the time she disappeared.
After not hearing from Lois for several days, her father went to the apartment to check on her. The apartment appeared to be the same, but the cat seemed to not have been fed for several days.
Lois' boyfriend's family was contacted. They indicated that their son had been in touch with them but that they did not know anything about Lois.
Lois did not have a car at the time she was last seen.

LDarnopuk[1].jpg

I came across this girl missing from Illinois in 1986 a lot could happen from 1986 to 1990

http://www.missingin.org/reg3916/kimberly_ann_thompson.htm

Missing
Last seen alive: December 01, 1986

First Name: Kimberly Ann
Middle Name: Ann
Last Name: Thompson
Details
Age When Last Known Alive: 26
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 63.0
Weight: 105.0
State: Illinois
Zip: 61821
County: Champaign
Appearance
Hair: Brown
Head Hair: Shoulder Length with several layers (Curly)
Body Hair: None
Facial Hair: None
Eye: Brown
Scars And Marks: Needle Marks from Drug Usage
Other Distinctive: Large Hooked Downward, Narrow Ridge Nose
Clothing and Accessories
Eyewear: Sometimes wears glasses

NAT_7146_2[1].jpg

I came across this case from 2006 in the Bronx and completely thought of the UID and wonder if this is the same guy that killed this UID

JULY 19, 1998
http://www.nytimes.com/1998/07/19/n...o-her-death-from-roof-of-housing-project.html

A young woman, gagged with duct tape, was thrown to her death from the roof of a 21-story housing project in the Bronx yesterday afternoon, the police said.
Authorities identified the woman as Kim Evans, 25. They said she was homeless. Residents of the complex said she was one in a society of young women who regularly traded sex for cocaine on the roof and in the stairwells of the complex.
They knew her only as Little Kim, a rough-looking woman with the demeanor of a girl, who wandered into their neighborhood a year ago.
She took up residence on the streets of the West Farms section, the neighbors said, smoking crack with anyone who had it and was willing to trade.
''She was a nice young lady who said, 'Hello, how y'all doing?' '' said Mo Miller, 15. ''She was a crack head but she was no harm to us. She told us she had three kids, but they're in the foster care system, I guess.''

http://bronxda.nyc.gov/html/crime/violent.shtml

Case: Killer Evidence: DA counting on vid in slay trial
********** New York Post, 3/25/2006
Forty-nine-year-old Gregory Taylor and 41-year-old Ana Almono Fowler lived in a temporary housing facility for clients with HIV. They met on a staircase in the building when Taylor was on a four-day "crack" binge. He negotiated with Ms. Fowler to have sex in exchange for drugs and money.
The woman's body was found on the roof five days later on May 11, 2004, during a routine inspection by the New York City Fire Department. She had a black plastic bag tied around her head. According to the Medical Examiner, the cause of death was blunt force impact to the head and compression of the chest and neck. She probably died from strangulation. However, the cause of death was unclear and there were no witnesses to her murder.
A New York City Police Department detective and a Bronx Assistant District Attorney located a security video showing Taylor carrying the apparently lifeless body of the victim to the roof on May 6.
The detective carefully interrogated Taylor, taking 17 increasingly incriminating statements. At trial, the Assistant District Attorney argued that the victim was probably alive but in a weakened state when she was taken to the roof.
The jury deliberated for about an hour before finding Taylor guilty of murder in the second degree on March 27, 2006. On April 21, 2006, Taylor was sentenced to 25-years-to-life imprisonment. Taylor is a career criminal who had three prior felony convictions for assault, robbery and witness intimidation. He admitted at sentencing that the prosecution was correct about how the murder took place.

iam trying to find anything on this UID but I have not found anything other than Namus.. What I did find was that the Infamous Happy Land Night Club fire happened 2 weeks later blocks away from where this girl was found. Not sure how much it helps but thought I would post it

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Land_fire

Did anyone ever call in Leann Faulk? I find it very coincidental that both of them had a "Mike" and rose tattoo on the SAME limbs. Getting a random name like Mike inked on your leg is not very common. Leann could have gotten her other tattoos "covered" with something else. Mike isn't a random name but having that name in the same place is random to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back