GUILTY KY - Larry, 60, & Sandra Blanton, 53, Oil Springs, Sept 2012

CJMAJORGIRL24

Reaction score
OIL SPRINGS, Ky. (WYMT) - Their son says they went on vacation, but police say it looks suspicious.

Family says Larry and Sandara Blanton have not been heard from in two weeks, and police say they have reason to believe something bad happened to them.

Their son says it is unusual.

"It's not like them to leave. Anybody that knows my dad, he's not going to leave his farm and his animals for more than two or three days at a time," said William Blanton.

He says his parents left eight days ago saying they were going to Florida.

"I've never knowed them to take a vacation, and they said that's what they was going to do, was to get away," he said.

Police say that is not the story they have heard from other family members.

"Sandara's mother, she was concerned that she'd made several calls to the residence and didn't get an answer," said Sheriff Dwayne Price.

Those phone calls were two weeks ago, and Friday she decided to report it.

"Based on what I have seen in the investigation up to this point, it does look suspicious," said Price.

Now their son says he feels he is being targeted.

"It hasn't been real good. I've had people make accusations that I would do something to my parents. Anyone who knows us around here knows my mother's my best friend. I mean I've got pictures of her. It's been real hard," he said.

He says he is worried about his parents, and wants everyone to help keep an eye out.

"If anybody's seen them, please let us know something," he said.

Police say they are investigating by checking bank and cell phone records. They say the Blantons' cell phones have not been used since the fifth of this month.

Anyone with information about the Blantons should contact the Johnson County Sheriff's Office.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headl...spicious-171057491.html#.UGEFKQbV6m0.facebook

The interview with the son -really bothers me. Hmm...he doesn't ever look up, but he does look to the right..ALOT!! **sighs

Friends and neighbors are concerned after a eastern Kentucky couple has been missing for almost 10 days.

Larry and Sandra Blanton's son says he last saw them last Sunday September 16th.

However, their car, checks, and cell phones are still at their home on Pigeon Creek road in Oil Springs.

Oil springs is in Johnson County near Paintsville.

Their son tells us they were supposed to be heading to Florida when they were last seen.

http://www.1039thebulldog.com/news/1337

Please note this should read Pigeon Creek of Oil Springs. Photos and additional information will be made available tomorrow. Sheriff Price states this is an ongoing missing persons' case at this time. If you have any information concerning this case, please call the JCSO at 789-3411. All information will remain confidential.

Friends and neighbors are concerned after a eastern Kentucky couple has been missing for almost 10 days.

Larry and Sandra Blanton's son says he last saw them last Sunday September 16th.

However, their car, checks, and cell phones are still at their home on Pigeon Creek road in Oil Springs.

Oil springs is in Johnson County near Paintsville.

Their son tells us they were supposed to be heading to Florida
when they were last seen.

http://www.1039thebulldog.com/news/1337

Somebody must not pay much attention to the TV. Who hasn't heard about staging the scene?

I mean, if you are gonna tell a great big whoppin' lie, at least show a little effort and move the car, pack some bags and turn down the a/c! Geez, kids nowadays!:rolleyes:

Somebody must not pay much attention to the TV. Who hasn't heard about staging the scene?

I mean, if you are gonna tell a great big whoppin' lie, at least show a little effort and move the car, pack some bags and turn down the a/c! Geez, kids nowadays!:rolleyes:

Right, but it only took him TWO weeks to notice they were missing?!?! On the bright side, he claims his Mom is his best friend, and he has a picture of her!! (whatever that means) :(...

I find it very sad that in a small community like Oil Springs, it took two weeks before anyone knew they were missing. :(

This doesn't look good....Wonder if the son lives with his parents or lives on his own?

When a grown man says his mom is his best friend that means that Mom is the one who has been:

* bailing him out of jail,

* giving him bill money cause he blew all of his government check on booze and ammo, or

*telling the judge that his girlfriend tricked him in to getting her pregnant (Mom knows this 'cause he has never told a lie) , so he shouldn't have to pay child support

Of course this particular son may not have any of those problems, guess we'll have to wait and see.

MOO

I wonder what happened to their farm animals and pets.

When a grown man says his mom is his best friend that means that Mom is the one who has been:

* giving him bill money cause he blew all of his government check on booze and ammo, or

*telling the judge that his girlfriend tricked him in to getting her pregnant (Mom knows this 'cause he has never told a lie) , so he shouldn't have to pay child support

Of course this particular son may not have any of those problems, guess we'll have to wait and see.

MOO

You are exactly right. What bothers me the most about the interview besides she was his best friend, is that he had pictures of her. Don't most children have pictures of their parents? Also her mother was the one that reported them missing. Sad to say, but I think he knows lots more than he is saying. JMO

You are exactly right. What bothers me the most about the interview besides she was his best friend, is that he had pictures of her. Don't most children have pictures of their parents? Also her mother was the one that reported them missing. Sad to say, but I think he knows lots more than he is saying. JMO

In all fairness, he hesitated after saying he had pictures, and teared up, couldn't finish whatever he was saying. He did seem awfully nervous, but the looking around is normal for people under stress.
Also I am not seeing where the cell phones were left at home. Just that credit cards and cell phones have not been used since they left.
If he had killed his parents and hid their bodies somewhere, wouldn't he be smart enough to take personal items and the car? Would he deliberately do things that pointed immediately to him? I mean, it's been 2 weeks, plenty of time for him to hide evidence.
Where does the son live, in relation to his parents' home?

In all fairness, he hesitated after saying he had pictures, and teared up, couldn't finish whatever he was saying. He did seem awfully nervous, but the looking around is normal for people under stress.
Also I am not seeing where the cell phones were left at home. Just that credit cards and cell phones have not been used since they left.
If he had killed his parents and hid their bodies somewhere, wouldn't he be smart enough to take personal items and the car? Would he deliberately do things that pointed immediately to him? I mean, it's been 2 weeks, plenty of time for him to hide evidence.
Where does the son live, in relation to his parents' home?

According to radio station WXKG-their checks, car and cell phones were found in the home. Sheriff's department will not answer if this is true or not, stating this is an open investigation. It has been reported the parents told the son that they were leaving on vacation. If their car was there for two weeks, how did the son think they got there? Just seems strange to me. And I agree, the son is very emotional. I believe that the son is a "local."

Something stinks in Dodge!! I am sorry, but farmers do not just leave on a "vacation" without major preparations for their animals. My hinky meter rose several levels with the son's interview. I sincerely hope that I am wrong, but why didn't they tell anyone else they were going on vacation?

I would definitely check the cleaning supplies in their home; or cleaning supplies recently purchased by the son. He had plenty of time to "clean up", especially if they were missing since the 5th instead of the 16th as he claims.

So, apparently Blanton is a very common last name in KY :)

I tried some FB creeping, but I don't know which small town is where, so I gave up. So, that link is probably not them....back to square one.

MOO

Comment by S:

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/Police-call-couples-disappearance-suspicious-171057491.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back