Remember That Ham Sandwich?????

D

DejaNu

Quote: "Because of the amount of media coverage on the case, Ramsey attorneys have expressed discomfort with the prospect of a grand jury. Legal experts often refer to the adage, "Give me a grand jury and I can get a ham sandwich convicted of murder." Ramsey attorneys fear a grand jury would turn into a witch hunt against their clients." http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/1997/12/28-1.html

Well, so much for a conviction (and the GJ), eh? But in its own exhoneration, the ham sandwich now adds this to its list of talents:

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/1030KindVictims30-ON.html

And how 'bout the ham sandwich's choice of partners? Guess it beats a defense lawyer...Will wonders never cease?

I heard about this one on the radio today. At first I thought the Ramsey intruder had been finally caught, but this guy was a little too smart to be the Boulder Bandit--he didn't ask for paper and pen to write a ransom note.

Actually my first thought on reading that story was concern about their safety once he gets out.

I've read that ransom note and I've often wondered if a security guard where her father worked might have been involved. A man of little education using phrases from movies. I think it was a kidnapping gone bad.

The language in the note reminds me of a case where a corporate officer was kidnapped and later died, which was carried out by a security guard at the man's office.

Did the authorities ever question any security people where Jon Benet father worked?

Carl W. Goss said:
I've read that ransom note and I've often wondered if a security guard where her father worked might have been involved. A man of little education using phrases from movies. I think it was a kidnapping gone bad.

The language in the note reminds me of a case where a corporate officer was kidnapped and later died, which was carried out by a security guard at the man's office.

Did the authorities ever question any security people where Jon Benet father worked?

In 1999, Dr. Bob McFarland interviews Donald Freed, a professor, author, screenwriter, etc...

Donald Freed "...I must tell you finally that Norm Early who had been the district attorney of Denver and was the vice-president of Lockheed Martin Security at the time of the murder of Jon Benet. I interviewed him at the time. He's a fascinating man---- extremely intelligent. And he said to me finally, "You know I had a six year-old son and we have a security protocol and that letter threatened other executives. Where was the security? Where were the bodyguards? Where was the protocol? Where was the alert; the drill; the routine; the regimen that we so carefully shared and worked on at Lockheed Martin? Not a word. Not a sound. Not a telephone call."

So, he began to call executives and lawyers and others and said, "Why wasn't my family alerted? What happened?" And they said to him, "Well, there was no threat" And he said, "How do you know that?" They said, "Well, I don't know. We just knew". And he said, "Well, think about it and I want an answer!" The next day he talked to some of these people and reported to me that they said, "You know we stayed awake all night wrestling with the question----agonizing with it. And you know you're right. How did we know that the (ransom note) was a hoax immediately? We might have known it in a day or two, or a week or two. But how do we know until this day?

To this day there has been no arrest. To this day we know that there was a murder and that there was a note left stating that foreign agents were involved.

"...IN THE CASE WHERE THERE IS A RANSOM NOTE---THAT TRIGGERS THE FBI's JURISDICTION. And this is a well-oiled machine of many decades standing. When it goes into action the local police are pushed into the periphery.

When its a wealthy corporate executive; and when the note in fact announces that these are foreign terrorists---now every bell in the "national security system" begins to ring---then the interfacing with the CIA, the NSA, the Pentagon; all this unfolds within a matter of minutes. The Attorney General stands by; the President is awakened ready to go on television; because it is a written and unwritten law that "foreign terrorists" on the soil of the United States should they dare commit a crime; should they dare to contemplate a kidnapping or the murder of an innocent child or American citizen or any visitor to the United States; that unleashes the full might and power of the United States of America, no matter what it takes or how long it takes.

With this huge multi-million dollar security apparatus that exists for that day that any member of a family of a corporate executive; any member, wife, child of corporate executive's family should be kidnapped; they go into overdrive. That's when they earn their money and it’s when they face the CEO's in Denver, and that's where they say "here's where Lockheed Martin stands: your children can or cannot go to school; your wives can or cannot go to the market". An entire protocol unfolds. The interface between the head of Lockheed Martin Security and the FBI is elaborate and its interlocking and its complete.

So the two units, in the Boulder Area, are trained to react to an act of terrorism, like kidnapping, are Lockheed Martin Security on one hand and the FBI on the other. Now, NOBODY FROM EITHER TWO OF THESE UNITS CAME NEAR THAT CRIME SCENE and the question is as in the case of Sherlock Holme's dog that didn't bark. What you're looking at here is SOMETHING THAT IS SO IRREGULAR; SO IMPOSSIBLE, because remember, the SOG, the seat of government operates in this regard..."

TRANSCRIPT OF A PUBLIC AFFAIR © 1999, aired 2/15/99 08:35am on KGNU-Boulder.

After reading this article and knowing that protocol wasn't even followed, I doubt that any security guards were interviewed, but I think you make a very good point.

Wow. That was an interesting read. Thanks for posting that Nehemiah. It makes this case even more bizarre than it already was.

Carl, your theory about a security guard is pretty interesting. Definitely something that should be looked into.

DejaNu said:
Quote: "Because of the amount of media coverage on the case, Ramsey attorneys have expressed discomfort with the prospect of a grand jury. Legal experts often refer to the adage, "Give me a grand jury and I can get a ham sandwich convicted of murder." Ramsey attorneys fear a grand jury would turn into a witch hunt against their clients." http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/1997/12/28-1.html

Well, so much for a conviction (and the GJ), eh? But in its own exhoneration, the ham sandwich now adds this to its list of talents:

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/1030KindVictims30-ON.html

And how 'bout the ham sandwich's choice of partners? Guess it beats a defense lawyer...Will wonders never cease?
I got to be missing something all I get is a site map on the azcentral.com site?

Thanks Buckethead, but does anyone know what the name of the company that was providing security for Jon Benet's father's company? If any?

Wonder if I could get Claudia Rosset of the Wall Street Journal to look into the security guard angle. She did a pretty good expose of a child abuse situation awhile back...

Carl W. Goss said:
Thanks Buckethead, but does anyone know what the name of the company that was providing security for Jon Benet's father's company? If any?

Wonder if I could get Claudia Rosset of the Wall Street Journal to look into the security guard angle. She did a pretty good expose of a child abuse situation awhile back...

Sounds as if it were in house, since the above article states that Norm Early was the VP of Lockheed Martin Security at the time of the JBR crime?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back