TN TN - Chloie Leverette, 9, & Gage Daniel, 7, Unionville, 23 Sept 2012

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Search begins for missing children whose home burned

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has issued an endangered child alert for two children whose home was destroyed by fire Sunday night.

Chloie Leverette, 9, and Gage Daniel, 7, were last seen by a neighbor Sunday evening at their grandparents' home on Kingdom Road in Unionville. About three hours later the home was destroyed by fire.

The bodies of the grandparents, Leon McClaran Sr., 72, and Molly McClaran, 70, were recovered from the home. State bomb and arson investigators say the children were not victims of the fire, and their whereabouts are unknown.

More: http://www.waaytv.com/news/local/st...me-burned-missing/dYk5tRxJ-0e3Mk9z_klaiQ.cspx

Original.jpg

2 Tenn Children Missing, Not Killed in Fire

Investigators say they are looking for two children they initially believed had perished in a farmhouse fire along with their step-grandparents.

More: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/tenn-children-missing-killed-fire-17331572

The children were last seen on Sunday, September 23 around 6:30 p.m. by a neighbor.

Chloie and Gage lived with their grandparents at 730 Kingdom Road in Unionville, Tennessee. The home was destroyed by fire Sunday night around 9:30.

More:
http://www.wate.com/story/19646714/endangered-child-alert-for-2-bedford-county

19646714_BG1.jpg
19646714_BG2.jpg

Did the grandparents have custody of the children? Was there a custody dispute? Sounds like the grandparents' death and the fire may have been an attempt to get the children.

Wonder if the grandparents were murdered and the fire was set to cover up the manner of death.

Thank goodness these grandparents (step or not) stepped up for their grandbabies... i think it may have cost them their lives and that breaks my heart :(

A female with the last name of Pope liked the Memorial page.
Grandpa had his own FB.

I started wondering if the kids got out and scared and ran and ran -- but says fire reported at 1030 - doubt they are awake that late on a school night. I am perplexed for sure - by all accounts they were very generous and loving people.

They could have been awakened by the smoke and called 911 to report the fire.
But this sounds like someone killed the grandparents, grabbed the kids and then set fire to the house to cover up the crime. Horrible!

http://www.startribune.com/printarticle/?id=171386091

"Under an abundance of caution we decided to issue an endangered child alert for the two children if they are not in fact found in the fire," Helm said.

The State Fire Marshal's Office said in a statement that it has concluded "that there are no remains of the two children in the structure. The children's location at this time is unknown."

Helm said the TBI issued the endangered alert because, "as time moves on, we don't want to miss our opportunity to locate them if they were not in the house."

Ive been FB'ing too gracelin - i found that "uncle dick" was married to mollie at one point, and they were his grandkids. really wonder about parent(s)

I wondered if the nephew who passed is the boy's father? Perhaps the mother
is trying to get herself together..

The whole story here makes my blood run cold, so many different angles to look at. So many scenes of what could have happened..
I am praying for theses children..

I'm going to try and see if I can find anything in the courts on line..

Gosh, I wonder how thoroughly they've searched the house at this point? Sometimes kids will hide in a fire situation. Perhaps they hid somewhere in the house and their bodies are in a location that wouldn't be "expected" (like in a closet or something).

I really hope they are found or at least there are answers for the family.

I'm pretty sure they are brother and sister,or at least half siblings. They do look alike.

Tennessee doesn't have on line records.
I'm pretty sure the house has been searched well.

This case is going to keep me up at nights..I can't get the children out of my mind.
Can you imagine the state of mind they must be in..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back