SUSPECT: Bobby Jack Fowler

nutkin

Reaction score
Adding a few more articles here:

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Se...ars+murderer+profiler+says/7311075/story.html
This one says he probably was not the only, or main, Highway to Tears perp. "
Expert in geographic profiling says time and place match for southern B.C. killings, but not northern ones"

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Se...rofiler+says/7311075/story.html#ixzz27j7gUieU

Here is his Wikipedia page: [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Jack_Fowler"]Bobby Jack Fowler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

And another article that basically says the same as the article in the first post above: http://www.skyvalleychronicle.com/F...ths-one-teen-death-in-Canada-in-1970s-1127033

Salem

Now how did I just know (according to the wiki) he also spent time in Florida?

We need a timeline on this guy!

Nutkin, thanks for opening the thread. I'm with you. I think we'll eventually learn he committed murders in the Galveston area. And now possibly Florida, too

Getting a timeline will be almost impossible unless other States or Provinces start DNA testing on all their unidentified remains matching them to Fowler.

We know in 1974, he was in a small little town in British Columbia Canada when he murdered Colleen MacMillen and possibly connected to 2 other murders, if not more.

Did his murdering spree start in the 70's? How did he get to BC and why? Did he have an accomplice? So many questions.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...ficult-highway-of-tears-investigations-go-on/

What's interesting according to wiki, crimes were committed in the 70's and then it jumps to the 90's. Where was he in the 80's?

The problem with the Texas cases is that little to no DNA evidence was either found or kept over the years. And since he is dead, he cannot confess. So, unless there is some secret diary found, it will always likely just be speculation.

What's interesting according to wiki, crimes were committed in the 70's and then it jumps to the 90's. Where was he in the 80's?

He was in the Galveston, Texas area in the late 80s/early 90s. I haven't seen anything placing him anywhere in the early 80s.

Galveston LE doesn't believe Fowler was responsible for any of the KF murders. Hmm...

“He definitely lived here, and we knew about him from the RCMP or another source and checked it out thoroughly, but the dates just never worked out,” Tuttoilmondo said.
He used these aliases, according to the article -- Billy Jack Fowler and Bob Patton.

http://galvestondailynews.com/story/350198

Also:

DOB - 06/12/1939

Address info (late 1980's/early '90s) - 1400 block of Cade Ave in High Island and a PO box in Gilchrist.

Maybe not the Killing Fields, but there were so many other murders/abductions during that time period. Serial killers don't just not kill.

Oh, I absolutely agree, nutkin. There are quite a few missing and UID from SETX and SWLA during that time period.

After doing some research, it seems that he generally killed by strangulation. He was also arrested for firearms violations. So, we should look at cases where the victim was strangled, even if that was not the primary cause of death. In a case where he maybe lost control of the victim (like he did for the attempted rape/kidnapping he was arrested for in Oregon), we cannot rule out shooting deaths.

The investigation is moving slowly in BC, and there's nothing coming out of Texas yet.

He worked for Happy’s Roofing in Prince George in 1974, but police appealed to the public for more information about when else he was in B.C.

“There are a number of tips that require followup things such as, ‘I know someone that worked at Happy’s Roofing’ ... or ‘I also know that Happy’s Roofing subcontracted to this business ...,’ ” explained Shinkaruk, with the RCMP’s major crime section.

From article -
Fowler started killing as far back as 1969. That year, he shot a man and woman in Texas to death but for those crimes, he was charged only with discharging a firearm in the city limits.
http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2012/10/bobby_jack_fowler_suspect_in_d.html

full text-
Bobby Jack Fowler, suspect in death of Newport teen girls, may have killed 20 or more people

By Lori Tobias, The Oregonian
on October 29, 2012 at 12:13 PM, updated October 29, 2012 at 11:18 PM

The Associated Press NEWPORT -- Investigators say the dead felon named as the prime suspect in the murders of two teenage girls here in 1995 may have been involved in 20 or more homicides over a two-decade period in the United States and Canada.

Now they are trying to determine if Bobby Jack Fowler killed as many as six females and one male in Oregon, nine young women in British Columbia and others in Arizona and South Carolina.

They also have found substantial new evidence that ties Fowler even more tightly to the deaths of the two teens, Jennifer Esson, 15, and Kara Leas, 16, who were last seen alive in a north Newport neighborhood in the early hours of Jan. 28, 1995. Fowler was first named as a prime suspect in their deaths, a mystery for 17 years, last month.

<modsnip>
-- Lori Tobias

Bobby Jack Fowler and the murders of Melissa Sanders, Sheila Swanson, Jennifer Esson, and Kara Leas were featured on Investigation Discovery's 'Dark Minds' last night:

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv-shows/dark-minds/videos/time-will-consume-her.htm

tnO5ln2.jpg

SRC

It stated Kelly Disney's murder is believed to be unrelated to Fowler, but it was mentioned as well. (Joan Hall was not mentioned, but is pictured above.)

Bobby Jack Fowler and the murders of Melissa Sanders, Sheila Swanson, Jennifer Esson, and Kara Leas were featured on Investigation Discovery's 'Dark Minds' last night:

http://investigation.discovery.com/tv-shows/dark-minds/videos/time-will-consume-her.htm

tnO5ln2.jpg

SRC

It stated Kelly Disney's murder is believed to be unrelated to Fowler, but it was mentioned as well. (Joan Hall was not mentioned, but is pictured above.)

Thank you so very much for posting this information and the pictures of the victims. It's so horrible to think their last moments were with this . . . monster. I have not watched the show yet, but plan to later this evening.

Again, thank you for posting this info. I'm glad he is dead, but it is awful for the families and loved ones of the murder victims he is responsible for may never be related to him. Ugh! He reminds me of Henry Lee Lucas! :furious:

Thank you so very much for posting this information and the pictures of the victims. It's so horrible to think their last moments were with this . . . monster. I have not watched the show yet, but plan to later this evening.

Again, thank you for posting this info. I'm glad he is dead, but it is awful for the families and loved ones of the murder victims he is responsible for may never be related to him. Ugh! He reminds me of Henry Lee Lucas! :furious:

Oh, you're very welcome! :grouphug: Can't wait to hear your thoughts after you get to watch it, Bootsctr! :)

Oh, you're very welcome! :grouphug: Can't wait to hear your thoughts after you get to watch it, Bootsctr! :)

I watched it! Raised the hair on my head! Phelps definitely raises a lot of the same questions we have!!

The interview with "Raven" and his response to why not bury the bodies was definitely not the answer I was expecting. He did not bury the body because of the danger of leaving evidence behind. Ummm, when "Raven" stated he had to dig up a body to get the flashlight he had dropped was definitely eye-opening for me. :what: It isn't that the killer is lazy, he just wants to get away from the body ASAP! The next person who comes in contact with the body is a suspect, per "Raven" Getting inside the head of a serial killer is scary. When he talked about strangling someone, it was very hard to listen too. You could hear in his voice, to me anyway, he was reliving the murder. "Raven" scares me. I hope he never escapes. Would love to know who he is, but of course I'm sure he would like for us to know too. He soundslike he has quite the ego. Looking forward to your thoughts very much NeverLetGo!

I think the disposal of the victim(s) is going to depend on the killer. While "Raven" (who I believe is Gary Ridgway) may have disposed of bodies quickly to put distance between himself and the victim, others may place more significance upon the the disposal.

Bobby jack fowler-June 12, 1939 – May 15, 2006

Confirmed victim-
1974-Colleen MacMillen

possible victim's-
1969-
Man and women (unnamed)-convicted of discharging a firearm within city limits
1973-Gale Weys and Pamela Darlington
1983-Bambi Lynn Dick
1992-Sheila Swanson and Melissa Sanders
1995-Jennifer Esson and Kara Leas

Members online

Online statistics