Blog talk radio show 10-3-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not what I expected. It's not the Bring Them Home ladies. I listened to some of last night and am listening live now. A lot of bashing LE (probably with some merit for CC/Mitchell County Police) and a lot of suspicion thrown on Clint and Naomi.

Billie has changed her viewpoint about Shawn. When she was asked about him telling LE that Hailey was promiscuous, Billie said that Shawn told her he didn't tell LE that, but now she says that she doesn't necessarily believe him because Shawn lies all the time. She also says she's realized Shawn's verbal rage with the way he's treated her and David (calling him) since they broke up. I think it was the host (I'm not sure exactly who, somebody probably knows) that talked about how Shawn basically threatened her on Facebook...saying that Shawn was angry about something she said about him and his cousin Cory, so Shawn messaged her that she should meet him and Cory in person if she wasn't a coward.

What mystifies me is that now Billie sees how Shawn is an angry liar, but she still doesn't seem to really suspect him. She'll say how he has a rage problem and then defend him at other times.

It's a tough listen, a lot of it is the personal attacks on different family members, the type that's surrounded this case on Facebook.

Another interesting thing, Billie said that Hailey spent the night at MB's almost every night until a month before Hailey went missing. Billie says she's ready to contact MB's mom now (she felt uncomfortable about it before), and to talk to people who saw Hailey last. Says she feels stronger now because she has people behind her, pushing her to do this stuff.

Also says MB's uncle lived MB's family and is an RSO. I can post his name if it's OK. Maybe it's been posted before, I can't remember.

Another interesting thing, Billie said that Hailey spent the night at MB's almost every night until a month before Hailey went missing. Billie says she's ready to contact MB's mom now (she felt uncomfortable about it before), and to talk to people who saw Hailey last. Says she feels stronger now because she has people behind her, pushing her to do this stuff.

snipped- just wanted to clarify what I heard-

Billie had said Hailey spent the night at MB's maybe one or 2 times, and the question was when was the last time she had prior to missing. And Billie said it was probably a month before. She DID say that Haily spent the night 'all the time' with her best friend HR. And another girl L, a few times. And too , that Hailey would have slumber parties at the house.

FWIW at least Billie is talking there, and on FB
:waitasec: we shall see huh

snipped- just wanted to clarify what I heard-

Billie had said Hailey spent the night at MB's maybe one or 2 times, and the question was when was the last time she had prior to missing. And Billie said it was probably a month before. She DID say that Haily spent the night 'all the time' with her best friend HR. And another girl L, a few times. And too , that Hailey would have slumber parties at the house.

FWIW at least Billie is talking there, and on FB
:waitasec: we shall see huh

Thanks for the correction, sreshowtime, I wasn't totally sure about what Billie said.

Some other things that stuck out to me about the parts of the shows I've listened to...there was an RSO renovating a house close to Billie's, but he was wearing a tracking ankle bracelet at the time.

Also, they talked about Kyle Guthrie, who will stand trial today for solicitation of a minor online. He worked for a Big Spring radio station and made videos of searches for Hailey. I doubt he had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance though.

Some other stuff I remember...Billie said LE showed her the phone Hailey had and she saw that a call was made at noon but she didn't see who was called (and of course she check that before LE got the phone and she never got the records from her phone company). She also said the guy who owns property across from Shawn's grandmother didn't let LE search it.

Listening to these shows did make me suspect Shawn more, based on the stuff I described in my earlier post.

I still remember her words and actions all through out the investigation....and how she put Haley aside more than a few times for her Shawnnnyyy boy. Too bad lady....go suck an egg for all I care about what you have to say NOW. Pft...#!$#$&*

Still thinking and wondering where you are little Haley. <3

Thanx chili fries & sreshotime for listening & recapping.
Luv that billie has not felt comfortable.not even in the immeadiate days following her daughter being "disappeared"did she ever go ask people about Hailey. Such a weasle to now say she just might go do that. Kind of disingenious to throw MB into the mix as you try w/ all your might to mislead everyone as to the real issue, which to me is "what happened the night before?"
All I say is keep talking billie. Please. Luv that she skirts around lies that shawn tells cuz she knows not to go all out imo. Don't want to make him to irate but has to get jabs in. Luv it.
I just want 1 of them to go on a bender & go off. Out loud in front of witnesses. I hate that billie is still trying to drum up attention for herself. Why doesn't she get comfortable pyhsically searching the areas her liar exboyfriend drove to that monday. Is she comfortable now to really get down to finding her daughter? Just pathetic. Imo
In my mind, MB's mom is like "come on billie let's do this" I would not be a happy mother to have my child thrown into the mix of billie/shawns hell then to have all this precious time elapse and now billie's ready to talk about her daughters last day?? Why does she not talk about shawn lying about work that day.? Or what billi & shawn did that Monday evening? Much less what really happened the night before.? Srry I know I'm rambling she just makes me crazy mad.

it's a doozy all right, out there in social media world ;)
...but let them keep talking ...just saying

Nothing happened the night before. Evidence suggests that whatever happened, happened the evening HD dissappeared. The preponderance of evidence also suggests that neither BD or SA had anything to do with it. They are not nice people, but then neither is anyone else associated with this case. That doesn't make them guilty. At the end of the day if we are sleuthing this, we need to go on the evidence that is presented, not how we feel about the character of the people involved. You can't simply ignore evidence because it doesn't conform to your stereotype of the characters involved. A sleuther needs to go where the evidence leads them, not collect evidence to support a preconcieved scenario.

People are getting to caught up with what SA was doing that morning, when whatever he was doing appears to be irrelevant. He could have been clubbing baby seals for all we know, but whatever he was doing does not appear to be related to HD.

Pretty much all of the suspicion about SA comes from two sources:

1) The LE affidavits which are clearly constructed in order to get a warrant, not to demonstrate guilt. They selectively included evidence that suggested incrimination while ignoring evidence to the contary, the "deer in headlights" part is an example of this. LE are allowed to do this for an affidavit, as long as they don't actually lie. Which is why you need to take whatever is in them with a pinch of salt.

2) BD's rambling. Right from the start it has been obvious that BD is one of those people who takes a little bit of information and "fills in the blanks" with conviction. So much of what she has said has turned out to be not quite so, you can't take anything she says as actual fact - mostly it seems to be half a fact and the rest fiction, based on what she expects rather than what she knows. Her version of whatever needs to be taken with that same pinch of salt. You can't select some of what she says as fact and other things as fiction depending on whether or not whatever she says agrees or disagrees with your theory.

Nothing happened the night before. Evidence suggests that whatever happened, happened the evening HD dissappeared. The preponderance of evidence also suggests that neither BD or SA had anything to do with it. They are not nice people, but then neither is anyone else associated with this case. That doesn't make them guilty. At the end of the day if we are sleuthing this, we need to go on the evidence that is presented, not how we feel about the character of the people involved. You can't simply ignore evidence because it doesn't conform to your stereotype of the characters involved. A sleuther needs to go where the evidence leads them, not collect evidence to support a preconcieved scenario.

People are getting to caught up with what SA was doing that morning, when whatever he was doing appears to be irrelevant. He could have been clubbing baby seals for all we know, but whatever he was doing does not appear to be related to HD.

1) The LE affidavits which are clearly constructed in order to get a warrant, not to demonstrate guilt. They selectively included evidence that suggested incrimination while ignoring evidence to the contary, the "deer in headlights" part is an example of this. LE are allowed to do this for an affidavit, as long as they don't actually lie. Which is why you need to take whatever is in them with a pinch of salt.

2) BD's rambling. Right from the start it has been obvious that BD is one of those people who takes a little bit of information and "fills in the blanks" with conviction. So much of what she has said has turned out to be not quite so, you can't take anything she says as actual fact - mostly it seems to be half a fact and the rest fiction, based on what she expects rather than what she knows. Her version of whatever needs to be taken with that same pinch of salt. You can't select some of what she says as fact and other things as fiction depending on whether or not whatever she says agrees or disagrees with your theory.

RBBM, Tuglea. I am not aware of any evidence that clears Hailey's mother or her boyfriend. I am eager to hear what this evidence is that I've been ignoring. Can you please be a bit more specific? TIA.

Since Billie has decided she wants to actively get involved in finding answers for what happened to Hailey, and since her eyes have been opened about Shawn, I know one vital thing she can do...she can write down everything about Shawn that might in any way conceivably be pertinent to the case and submit that to investigators (the Rangers or FBI), being as honest as possible (even if it's painful). And then be willing to do follow-up interviews with law enforcement if they have questions. She knows Shawn better than anyone.

Who are these people ? Do I not watch facebook enough?

Russel and angelina?

I made myself find time to listen to this blog for Hailey and for Hailey I feel awful that the only support she seems to have is from this type of non productive whatever that was. Not to insult anyone for the efforts but asking Billie about rumors started by P.T or talking about how bright S.A may or may not be is not going to help anyone find Hailey. A few things were interesting but not overly helpful and highlights the attitude that has made this case as drama filled as it has been. Talk fast and loosely about whoever is also talking fast and loose. (moo)

Why hasnt anyone asked Billie about what she thought then and what she thinks now about what happened to her daughter and who is responcible for that and how many different things in her and Haileys life support one theory verse the other? What has she seen or heard or what sticks out to her now that might not have in the first months and year. What are some details that stand out in her mind? What does she think the Hotel hit is about. What does she thinks about the earing and Naomi and why does she second guess S.A. but only slightly.

So if anyone ever gets to call into a blog please ask her these things. How is Billie feeling NOW about Brian about the hair dresser sightings or other witness reports . What does she think is real verses rumor in her daughters case? Is she hopeful? Has she spoken with Connie J recently or Ricky . How is the whole family contributing to the efforts of finding Hailey and is there still stuff LE or the Rangers have asked her not to mention to the public or other family members?

I think had the media and LE not turned fast on Billie this case could have went alot farther than nowhere. MOOOO

I just don't get the point to this show? It did nothing to advance the search for Hailey. It was a bunch of disconnected thoughts, noone introduced themselves and the lady with the rough voice seemed to yell over everyone....what a train wreck!

Actually my suspicion about Shawn began, from what I found on the internet. His own postings and words.

From there, it grew due to his odd behavior during the time Hailey disappeared. You have to admit, when and how he quit work that morning, then lied to Billie about it was ...

I could go on and on with examples, but why bother?

I just don't get the point to this show? It did nothing to advance the search for Hailey. It was a bunch of disconnected thoughts, noone introduced themselves and the lady with the rough voice seemed to yell over everyone....what a train wreck!

Welcome, would like to read more on your insights and opinions on this case.

Actually my suspicion about Shawn began, from what I found on the internet. His own postings and words.

From there, it grew due to his odd behavior during the time Hailey disappeared. You have to admit, when and how he quit work that morning, then lied to Billie about it was ...

I could go on and on with examples, but why bother?

The odd behaviour was odd only because that was the way it was presented in the affidavit. Allthough LE can't lie on an affidavit, they dont have to tell everything. For example, when they say that SA claimed he had a fight with his supervisor, they don't say when he had the fight, a small fact you think they surely would have asked. And if they had asked, they would have been more specific on the affidavit. The fact that they weren't means that they didn't. So, when exactly did this fight happen and how did they find out about it? If it happened the previous week or month or whatever, and SA was simmering about it, him just taking off would not be that odd. And the boss would have said there was no fight that morning, which would have been true.

Then there is the trip to the mother's house. Again, if they had asked him about it they would surely have also asked the details. SA says they didn't. Instead, they show that he went to the mother's house via CC, and not directly. SA had a reasonable explanation why, but they apparently didn't ask about which way he went, because if they did they would have SAID so. And they didn't. If he said he went route X but they could show he went route Y, they would have caught him in a lie, and that would be incriminating. They would have said that in the affidavit for sure if that was the case, and they did not. So, again, there is a critical detail missing.

You have to look at what is said in the affiavit, and also what is not said. That is the telling part, there is critical information which should be there and is not. Overall the information in the affidavit appears to have been constructed mainly to get a warrant, not because there was reasonable grounds for suspicion.

So, while this all casts the "guilty" spotlight on SA, if you actually read the affidavit closely it is pretty clear that SA is probably not the source of what he supposedly did that morning, which begs the question just who was.

Or maybe I'm just an old sceptic who asks too many awkward questions when I sleuth. :)

The odd behaviour was odd only because that was the way it was presented in the affidavit. Allthough LE can't lie on an affidavit, they dont have to tell everything. For example, when they say that SA claimed he had a fight with his supervisor, they don't say when he had the fight, a small fact you think they surely would have asked. And if they had asked, they would have been more specific on the affidavit. The fact that they weren't means that they didn't. So, when exactly did this fight happen and how did they find out about it? If it happened the previous week or month or whatever, and SA was simmering about it, him just taking off would not be that odd. And the boss would have said there was no fight that morning, which would have been true.

Then there is the trip to the mother's house. Again, if they had asked him about it they would surely have also asked the details. SA says they didn't. Instead, they show that he went to the mother's house via CC, and not directly. SA had a reasonable explanation why, but they apparently didn't ask about which way he went, because if they did they would have SAID so. And they didn't. If he said he went route X but they could show he went route Y, they would have caught him in a lie, and that would be incriminating. They would have said that in the affidavit for sure if that was the case, and they did not. So, again, there is a critical detail missing.

You have to look at what is said in the affiavit, and also what is not said. That is the telling part, there is critical information which should be there and is not. Overall the information in the affidavit appears to have been constructed mainly to get a warrant, not because there was reasonable grounds for suspicion.

So, while this all casts the "guilty" spotlight on SA, if you actually read the affidavit closely it is pretty clear that SA is probably not the source of what he supposedly did that morning, which begs the question just who was.

Or maybe I'm just an old sceptic who asks too many awkward questions when I sleuth. :)

Holy cow Tugela, you made a funny and posted a smiley face!!!! I love it, that's the first time I have ever seen you let your hair down, so to speak. :great:

RBBM, Tuglea. I am not aware of any evidence that clears Hailey's mother or her boyfriend. I am eager to hear what this evidence is that I've been ignoring. Can you please be a bit more specific? TIA.

BBM

Evidence? I'd also like to know exactly what evidence we know about that proves what happened to Hailey, when it happened, and how that evidence clears BJD and SA. I'm with ExpectingUnicorns, I have no idea what evidence has been available to us.

Also, re: the first bolded part, "the night before"? And "happened the evening HD dissappeared"? Which night do you mean? Sunday? Monday? Which evening?

I admit, your post makes me think I'm totally clueless on this case, even though I read every document released and as many articles I could find, plus watched numerous videos/interviews about this case. What on Earth did I miss? Please help.

Not what I expected. It's not the Bring Them Home ladies. I listened to some of last night and am listening live now. A lot of bashing LE (probably with some merit for CC/Mitchell County Police) and a lot of suspicion thrown on Clint and Naomi.

Billie has changed her viewpoint about Shawn. When she was asked about him telling LE that Hailey was promiscuous, Billie said that Shawn told her he didn't tell LE that, but now she says that she doesn't necessarily believe him because Shawn lies all the time. She also says she's realized Shawn's verbal rage with the way he's treated her and David (calling him) since they broke up. I think it was the host (I'm not sure exactly who, somebody probably knows) that talked about how Shawn basically threatened her on Facebook...saying that Shawn was angry about something she said about him and his cousin Cory, so Shawn messaged her that she should meet him and Cory in person if she wasn't a coward.

What mystifies me is that now Billie sees how Shawn is an angry liar, but she still doesn't seem to really suspect him. She'll say how he has a rage problem and then defend him at other times.

It's a tough listen, a lot of it is the personal attacks on different family members, the type that's surrounded this case on Facebook.

One thing to consider. The person who does this radio show is pretty good friends with Billie and only really knows what Billie tells her. She also runs the Hailey Dunn Missing in Texas facebook page. Another thing is Hailey has been missing almost two years and shes never felt comfortable about ringing the mother of the child where Hailey was due to spend the night?

My personal opinion is that Bilie knows shes in trouble and is mad at Shawn for things he said on FB about her. I also think that shes going to try and drop him in it as far as she can.

I still remember her words and actions all through out the investigation....and how she put Haley aside more than a few times for her Shawnnnyyy boy. Too bad lady....go suck an egg for all I care about what you have to say NOW. Pft...#!$#$&*

Still thinking and wondering where you are little Haley. <3

I honestly think Billie did whatever happened to Hailey. I do think Shawn helped to move her though from the house ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie