GUILTY FL - Sean Dugas, 30, slain, buried in concrete, Pensacola, 27 Aug 2012

noZme

Reaction score
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/tip-leads-police-body-encased-concrete/nSXzH/

Twin brothers were arrested after police in Barrow County (greater Atlanta area) uncovered a body Monday that was placed in a plastic container, encased in concrete and buried in the ground. The remains had not been identified Monday night but are believed to be those of a man reported missing from Pensacola, Fla. nearly a month ago.

The missing man, whose name was not released, was last seen with the Cormiers. The brothers, who previously lived in Pensacola, told neighbors they were moving to Georgia, and the missing man was coming along. "They showed up at the father’s address about three weeks ago, but their friend was not with them." Dennis Dorsey, Winder police chief, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

The two told their father, the owner of the home, that their friend had moved somewhere else & their friend’s dog had died & they were burying it in the backyard.

Hmmm... there will be more details after the post mortem.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/winder-body-found-buried-in-concrete/nSXzF/

update:
As twin brothers sat in separate jails Tuesday afternoon, an autopsy determined a man whose body was found in a plastic container, encased in concrete and buried in a Winder backyard, died of blunt force trauma to the back of the head. The remains were believed to be those of a journalist reported missing from Pensacola, Fla., nearly a month ago. Friends of Sean Christopher Dugas, 30, reported him missing on Sept. 13, Chief Chip Simmons with Pensacola police told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Officials expect to announce Wednesday the positive identify body based on dental records, fingerprints and a tattoo. http://www.ajc.com/news/news/crime-law/winder-body-found-buried-in-concrete/nSXzF/

The search for a missing Pensacola man has come to a tragic end in Winder, Ga., with the discovery of what are believed to be his remains, buried in a plastic container and partially covered in concrete.

The container suspected to hold the body of Sean Dugas, 30, a former Pensacola News Journal reporter, was dug up Monday from a shallow grave at the home of a man who is the father of Pensacola twins accused in the mysterious saga that has played out over the past six weeks.

An autopsy in Georgia on Tuesday revealed that the victim died from blows to his head, Winder police said.

Final verification of identity is pending examination of fingerprints, dental records and a tattoo by the Escambia County Medical Examiner’s Office, but Georgia and local authorities said Tuesday they were confident that the remains are those of Dugas.

(snip)

http://www.pnj.com/article/20121010...J-reporter?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

This is so flipping sad :( Not one media outlet here reported when he went missing (including PNJ) and I didn't even know he was missing. Yet, this is the big story since the news broke yesterday that his body had been found. This annoys me to no end!!!

I knew Sean professionally when he worked at the PNJ and he was my favorite reporter to cover events I was doing for work. He definitely didn't look like a "typical" reporter :) (video and pics. at link). He was such a nice, caring, outgoing and fun person. He was just a kid. RIP, Sean.

Thanks for the story from down your way, daisy7. From the link, Sean certainly does seem to be a great guy. Do you know what he was doing since he left PNJ & how he may have come to know the killers?

The death of a man believed to be a missing Pensacola resident and former News Journal reporter has been ruled a homicide.

Though Pensacola officials are still working to make a positive identification, they believe that Sean Dugas, 30, was found Monday buried in a plastic container and partially covered in concrete in Winder, Ga.

This morning, Winder Police Officer Chris Cooper said the medical examiner has ruled the case a homicide and estimated the time of death to be about a month ago.

(snip)

http://www.pnj.com/article/20121010...d-homicide?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Thanks for the story from down your way, daisy7. From the link, Sean certainly does seem to be a great guy. Do you know what he was doing since he left PNJ & how he may have come to know the killers?

I don't know what he was doing since he left PNJ, but the article I posted upthread said he met the twins at a local gaming card store.

Dugas and the Cormiers apparently met several years ago and were friends through TBS Comics, a mainstay of a strip mall off North Ninth Avenue.

Manager Steve Wilcox, 30, said Tuesday that Dugas was in the store at least twice a week, trading and selling cards for the game “Magic: The Gathering.” The Cormiers used to come to the store to play the game as well, but they have not been back recently, he said.

“They’ve played ‘Magic’ up here for quite a couple years,” Wilcox said. “And Sean met them around the same time I did.”

Another friend, Jayson Davidson, 26, said the Cormiers were living with Dugas about a week before his disappearance.

He grew up in the same small town I live in, right outside P'Cola. I imagine our local weekly paper will have more info as will PNJ (NOW) and I'll update with any new info.

I still can't believe PNJ didn't print anything about one of their former reporters being missing until yesterday!! I don't fault my local paper for not printing anything about him, cuz they wouldn't have unless the missing person's report said that he grew up here, which it probably didn't. But, PNJ should have definitely written about him missing! Can you tell I'm pretty peeved about this? :)

A 30-year-old Gulf Breeze man, Sean Dugas, was discovered dead and buried in a concrete tomb in Winder, Ga., about 45 miles Northeast of Atlanta.

Dugas, a former reporter for the Pensacola News Journal, sported dreadlocks and a long, bushy beard and was well known as for his creative and gentle spirit.

Former Gulf Breeze High School Principal Cherry Fitch remembers Dugas “I remember him as being very personable and friendly – creative would be a good word.”

(snip)

http://www.gulfbreezenews.com/news/...eze_man_former_reporter_found_dead_in_Ga.html

Hope this don't come down to needing a DNA match if one is accusing the other.

The identical twins jailed in connection with a former Pensacola News Journal reporter are now charged with homicide and armed-robbery charges in Escambia County, Pensacola police said this afternoon.

Christopher and William Cormier, both 31, were identified as suspects earlier this month after the body of Sean Dugas, 30, was found buried in a plastic container and encased in concrete in the twins’ father’s house in Winder, Ga. Dugas was reported missing in September, and had not been seen since late August.

Investigators believe that the Cormier twins were house guests of Dugas’, and stole some of his collection of “Magic: The Gathering” game cards. They also believe Dugas was killed Aug. 27 in Pensacola.

(snip)

http://www.pnj.com/article/20121026/NEWS01/121026011?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

He was killed over game cards -- how flipping sad :(

http://chronicle.augusta.com/latest-news/2014-02-14/ga-twins-sentenced-killing-reporter

William Cormier III was convicted of first-degree murder and given life in prison without parole for beating Sean Dugas to death with a hammer in 2012 and burying him in a concrete-covered pit in back of his father’s Winder home.

Cormier’s twin, Christopher, pleaded no contest to charges of helping his brother move the body from Florida to Winder. He was sentenced to 15 years.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back