And the winner of the slowest fast food restaurant is...

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Burger King Officially Has the Slowest Drive-Thru in Fast Food
By Josh Sanburn | @joshsanburn | October 8, 2012

...According to a study commissioned by QSR magazine (that’s short-hand for “quick-service restaurants,” by the way), it takes 201.33 seconds – about 3 minutes 20 seconds – on average to get through a Burger King drive-thru. That might not seem like much. But it’s a near-eternity compared to Wendy’s, a perennial winner in QSR’s survey, which gets people in and out of the drive-thru in 129.75 seconds on average, more than a full minute faster....

Read more: http://moneyland.time.com/2012/10/0...lowest-drive-thru-in-fast-food/#ixzz28mEj6Vd3

Maybe they could train their staff with the aid of a Nascar pit crew

They need to stop cooking those hamburger patties.

They need a survey on how often the "quick service" restaurants get the order right or leave something out .

Most of the fast food restaurants use a little cheat to shorten those times. Ever had them tell you to pull forward after you pay and they will bring the food to you? Well they want you to move your car because their "timer" considers your order completed when you pull forward.

Popeye's does this too me all the time. They ask me to pull forward and park by the curb, even when there is NO-ONE in line behind me. Just another little trick they use to act like they are giving speedy service when in actuality you could be waiting 10 minutes for your food (and I have).

Most of the fast food restaurants use a little cheat to shorten those times. Ever had them tell you to pull forward after you pay and they will bring the food to you? Well they want you to move your car because their "timer" considers your order completed when you pull forward.

Popeye's does this too me all the time. They ask me to pull forward and park by the curb, even when there is NO-ONE in line behind me. Just another little trick they use to act like they are giving speedy service when in actuality you could be waiting 10 minutes for your food (and I have).

I didn't know this. It makes sense. Burger King always has us move forward. BTW I don't eat fast food any more but my kid is a junkie so I still spend way too much time in the lines. I don't know how they don't mention Taco Bell, though. I rarely go through there because the line is always long, especially late at night. It seems that Taco Bell is the food of choice for the party scene.

Whataburger is known for it's slow service.....but it's part of the draw to their chain. They don't cook your order until you order it. I'd much rather wait for fresh food. :)

Can I just say that in my opinion that POPEYES is the WORST for getting your order correct. It's Wrong. Every. Single. Time. Last time I ordered red beans and rice and all I got was bag full of biscuits and a huge stack of napkins. Huge stack. Our Popeyes needs HELP!

You know, I've always ordered something "special" with my food, like "no sauce" or whatever. That way, I know it's a fresh make, rather than something that's been made long before I even decided to go get a burger.

I don't do much fast food, but I'm fine with waiting for three minutes for Burger King. I am sure I'd eat more BK if it were closer to me. Same thing with Wendy's. Love both of those places, and occasionally get a craving for Mickie D.

And yes, Taco Bell is the favorite place for party folks...there's one near me, and it always has a line. Always.

Best-
Herding Cats

Another trick is to tell them that something you don't want on a burger is because you're allergic to them. That usually gets their attention.

oooooh, I always wondered why they ask me to pull forward when no one is behind me (& it irritates me!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back