CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursebeeme

Reaction score
Police say 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway went missing around 107th Avenue and Moore Street Friday afternoon.

She is 4-feet-8-inches tall with blond hair. She is wearing purple glasses and a black coat and boots. Police have not yet released a photo.

Westminster police sent out an emergency text alert advising residents to be on the lookout. An Amber Alert has not been issued.

Details behind the disappearance are not known at this time.
http://www.9news.com/news/article/293104/222/Police-search-for-missing-Westminster-girl
case map:
http://goo.gl/maps/DIhBs

thread #1
thread #2

rules on RSOs
New Rules on Sex Offenders and Rumors - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Here is the thread on RSOs.

You can link to RSOs in the area. You cannot sleuth them other than what is listed on this thread. If you have a question about a particular case and a particular RSO and what can and cannot be posted in depth you can post your question for administration on this thread.

((please note: questioning of what can and cannot be posted and moderation questions should not be placed on the general discussion thread. I hope that helps. If anyone has a further question please pm a moderator or administrator.))

Continue the discussion here:

** When posting please keep in mind our family and victim friendly rules. Thank you so much.**

I am so worried about her. Her picture with the glasses really grabbed me. I am hoping beyond hope she will make it home safe.

sarx!!! I see you down there: I have a question: do you think the dogs that track car scent (re: if she was taken in a car) would be helpful here?

I wish they would use this type! Would wonder if you could give us a lesson on this type again.

TIA!!!

Brought this over from the old thread:

ErinGrrrl, guess, he could be sending a subliminal message; taunting.
Deflection..
Playing the odds that it would not be tied to Jessica's abduction due to other children playing in the area, as well as the distance/jurisdiction where the abduction occurred.

Sure hope that the proximity of the backpack to the Rochester murder location was only a coincidence..
Dec 6, 2011 – Stephanie Rochester http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/06/stephanie-rochester-trial_n_1131305.html

ErinGrrrl, sexual predators have many similar traits. The one trait that they all seem to have is the ability to confuse..

I still think there's a very good chance that backpack was dumped somewhere else less conspicuous and brought to that location by a neighbor, probably a kid, thinking they were doing somebody a favor by fetching their backpack from the ditch, backyard, etc. where it was really dumped.

I'm bumping my post and making sure everyone understands this is a WARNING: Lay off the family.

Apparently some posters missed this last night - so this is a final reminder!

Guys - let's lay off the "talking to media" and any family insinuations for now. If that changes, we will revisit the issue.

Thanks,

Salem

sarx!!! I see you down there: I have a question: do you think the dogs that track car scent (re: if she was taken in a car) would be helpful here?

I wish they would use this type! Would wonder if you could give us a lesson on this type again.

TIA!!!

You know, I'm of the "couldn't hurt to try" philosophy. I'm not sure who in that area if anyone has dogs that have trained on it, but they could certainly ask around, and if the FBI are involved, that makes tracking someone down easier.

It's important to remember that the success rate goes down quite a bit when running a car trail, even with training, but again, where's the harm?

Sorry if this is being discussed somewhere else, I'm a new member (and longtime viewer). Has the Westminster PD made any connection with the Cody, WY kidnapping & assault? I can't find any news media making a connection.

We are from Westminster, we now live in the PNW but I have 3 little ones and I am just sick about this. Also, thanks to the CO residents who have posted great information about the area- it can be confusing to those who aren't familiar with Colorado open spaces and neighborhoods.

Brought this over from the old thread:

I still think there's a very good chance that backpack was dumped somewhere else less conspicuous and brought to that location by a neighbor, probably a kid, thinking they were doing somebody a favor by fetching their backpack from the ditch, backyard, etc. where it was really dumped.

Very possible, carbuff.. Thank goodness that the good samaritan sent out the community email and the dots were connected. The dna forensics contained by the backpack may be the key to solving the Jessica Ridgeway case and others...

welcome to websleuths Cosmith! :cheer:

No, I haven't seen any "connections" made yet between any of the cases (they haven't even connected the earlier candy man incidents that were in the local area)

Sorry if this is being discussed somewhere else, I'm a new member (and longtime viewer). Has the Westminster PD made any connection with the Katelynn Groves kidnapping & assault? I can't find any news media making a connection.

We are from Westminster, we now live in the PNW but I have 3 little ones and I am just sick about this. Also, thanks to the CO residents who have posted great information about the area- it can be confusing to those who aren't familiar with Colorado open spaces and neighborhoods.

Our local news (FL) was talking about the case being connected to ......
but as I walked closer to hearing what was being said, it went to next story.:banghead:
So not sure what case they were talking about it being connected to.

Well shoot Cosmith... I just saw this tweet (they do NOT say they are connected but the fbi is investigating)

Clayton Sandell ‏@Clayton_Sandell
FBI says it's investigating Monday abduction of 11 y/o girl (now safe) in Cody WY. Unknown if any connection to #JessicaRidgeway case. @abc

(then again the fbi investigates abductions so not sure if this means anything or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer