GUILTY ME - Alexis Wright & Mark Strong for prostitution, Kennebunk, 2012

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php?rip_id=<DA1Q9RFO2@news.ap.org>&ps=1011

KENNEBUNK, Maine (AP) — This upscale southern Maine town is known for its ocean beaches, old sea captains' mansions and the neighboring town of Kennebunkport, home to the Bush family summer compound.

But the talk of the town these days is the arrest of a local fitness instructor who's been charged with running a prostitution business out of her Zumba dance studio and secretly videotaping her encounters. Now the town is on the edge of its seat, waiting for the revelation of which of their friends and neighbors are among her more than 100 alleged johns............

Alexis Wright, 29, was dressed conservatively in a jacket, blouse and slacks as she pleaded not guilty Tuesday in Portland to 106 counts of prostitution, violation of privacy, tax evasion and other charges for allegedly providing sex for money at her fitness studio and a nearby one-room office she rented. The man police say was her business partner, 57-year-old Mark Strong Sr., pleaded not guilty to 59 counts of promotion of prostitution and violation of privacy..........

Police have begun issuing summons to Wright's customers and will release the names in the weeks ahead. Townspeople say they've heard that lawyers, doctors, law enforcement officials, a television personality and other well-known people in town are included in a detailed clientele list police found........

The superintendent of schools issued a memo to teachers and staff last week, instructing them to be on the lookout for students who have relatives on the list of names and may be teased or have trouble coping.......

More at link......

Oh my...this is gonna mess up a lot of people's lives...was she going to blackmail them?

Reader, I think she may have been even posting them online.

Where's the list? That's 150 people that need to be outted.

I was reading all about this case last night. Basically someone outted her on a Blog. The ol' "Your Zumba teacher is a w**** and your husbands may be visiting getting their own cardio". They've almost crucified the woman. Hey, I know it is illegal in itself even if they knew they were getting taped, but it's JMO there's all consenting adults aside from possibly blackmail, right? Then I read she was still sucking up her welfare checks, food stamps and health care.

Also she used her real name on the *advertiser censored* sites and her location. She could have laundered all that loot through that business, but no. Not smart.

Him? I don't know what's up. Personally I'd say the blackmail part was his idea.

We'll see what happens.

Wow- Filly I didn't hear about the welfare stuff! That ticks me off more than the prostitution- seriously! Kennebunk is a very small town atmosphere. My mother had a place in Saco for a million years and I love the area. I get the 'consenting adult' thing but do have to say that I am sick of the women getting charged and the 'johns' who are equal participants in the activity getting away with little damage. So, I am in favor of making their names public. It's such a double standard, although as I think about it I hate for pain to be caused to the children of these doofs. But opening the eyes of wives or SO's to the deceit and risk of contracting STD's or worse is also important. This will be interesting to follow. yikes.

Two people have wrote blogs about her. Alot of information on there it seems not all videos was consensual and she was using it to blackmail the other person.

Video says Doctors, Lawyers,LE, tv personailty and others are on the name list and the names will be released, also says they have spoken to school officials because some children may have family members on the list about bullying. http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/ken...r-alexis-wright-charged-prostitution-17440773

Sorry, not a huge surprise to me. Biting my tongue about NE LE on another forum....and now I see this. As having resided in NE (NH) trust me when I say many LE members are NOT on the up and up. I know....I was affiliated and it was horrible. Corruption is alive and well in some of those little seemingly "nice" towns.

Sorry, not a huge surprise to me. Biting my tongue about NE LE on another forum....and now I see this. As having resided in NE (NH) trust me when I say many LE members are NOT on the up and up. I know....I was affiliated and it was horrible. Corruption is alive and well in some of those little seemingly "nice" towns.

I read all the articles and watched the ABC news clip. What does this have to do with LE?

Regardless of the Zumba teacher/prostitute and her partner...were these men tricked? They illegally paid for sex. That's a crime. I believe they were taped without knowledge, but are they now victims? (I saw an allegation of this being shown on blogs, with no links).

Even with the latest NYC madam, who went on DR Phil to deny charges (DENY!!!) and yet a few days later, she got a plea deal and plead guilty. IMAGINE!

Sorry, Johns, in this day and age of video, it seems there is not honor among theives.

How is LE the bad guy in Maine??

I never said ME in particular. The article said there are LE personnel involved in the illegal activity. You know....partaking in the services. All I was saying is that having lived in various parts of New England, and being a part of the LE community it doesn't surprise me that some of the cops are patrons. I have seen corruption first hand. I wasnt saying that the INVESTIGATING LE in this case did anything wrong.

I never said ME in particular. The article said there are LE personnel involved in the illegal activity. You know....partaking in the services. All I was saying is that having lived in various parts of New England, and being a part of the LE community it doesn't surprise me that some of the cops are patrons. I have seen corruption first hand. I wasnt saying that the INVESTIGATING LE in this case did anything wrong.

[bbm]

actually, the article stated that townspeople heard that well-known people, including LE, could be involved so nothing official

they don't even quote a specific person as saying that fgs

it's a rumour and I'm annoyed that a news article would print a rumour

These men must have loads of money yet they're all going to one local hooker. Yucky and crazy. Do they tell each other about her and spread the word or what.

[bbm]

actually, the article stated that townspeople heard that well-known people, including LE, could be involved so nothing official

they don't even quote a specific person as saying that fgs

it's a rumour and I'm annoyed that a news article would print a rumour

Point well taken. So let me say if it WERE true, I wouldn't be a bit surprised.

Attempt to stop names release in prostitution case

http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...ass&action=1&lang=en&_LT=UNLC_USNWU00L1_UNEWS

PORTLAND, Maine (AP) — A lawyer for two alleged clients of a Maine woman accused of running a prostitution business out of her Zumba dance studio in Kennebunk and secretly videotaped the encounters has filed a motion to block the release of names of the men suspected as her clients.............

Alexis Wright, 29, pleaded not guilty Tuesday to 106 counts of prostitution, violation of privacy, tax evasion and other charges for allegedly providing sex for money at her fitness studio and a nearby office. The man police say was her business partner, 57-year-old Mark Strong Sr., pleaded not guilty to 59 counts of promotion of prostitution and violation of privacy.

Little more at link......

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1061167916

Alleged client list revealed..

KENNEBUNK, Maine — Town cops this afternoon released the names of a batch of 21 accused johns being summonsed for the misdemeanor charge of engaging in prostitution in connection with an alleged prostitution business that has placed a national spotlight on this upper-crust coastal resort town, with more names likely on the way over coming weeks and months, Kennebunk police said.

The publication of the list of clients accused of being serviced by Alexis Wright, alleged to have run a prostitution operation out of her Kennebunk Zumba studio, was touched off by a Maine judge’s decision not to impound the names of Wright’s alleged customer this afternoon. Two men who had claimed they would be harmed by the release of the so-called client list had asked three different courts to block release of the names to no avail.

Sounds like this was one busy lady.
Normally these prostitution rings have more than one hooker involved.
:floorlaugh:

I just don't understand why selling and buying sex is illegal, if everyone is of age and consenting and free will and all of that...you can sell your skills as a physical therapist, a surgeon, a masseuse, etc...

Are they releasing them to the public? I haven't seen the names yet.

I just don't understand why selling and buying sex is illegal, if everyone is of age and consenting and free will and all of that...you can sell your skills as a physical therapist, a surgeon, a masseuse, etc...

Right? Hey, nothing is free.

There are some names in pretty diverse places on that list from what my researching has found. Blue collar to white collar. A lot of people coming down from high places with that information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back