CO - Jessica Ridgeway, *no discussion*: Timeline and Media thread

Below is the very quick turn around transcript of the first half of family interview from today.

TRANSCRIPT OF FIRST HALF OF FAMILY INTERVIEW

{missed initial question by the reporter but in reading the aunts answer its regarding the family's initial response to hearing about Jessica}

Aunt-
Just nauseaus, sick to stomach when heard it. I know everyone here says the same thing..can't put it into words..just don't wanna go there...how awful this is..how horrible it is..

We are already stronger and this is just gonna make us stronger. When I come to visit she has bunk beds and she sleeps on the top bunk so I can sleep on bottom bunk which is my favorite place..so Ive been sleeping there the past couple nights.

We are all also wearing some of her favorite earrings..she made this necklace and Becca has her necklace on.

Reporter-
Were you close?

Mom and aunt-
yes, very close

Another maternal female family member-
Yes, the part of what brings us together is the dancing, giggling one that is missing and the house is too quiet.

Mom-
We keep looking looking over at the door expecting to see her just walk in.

Reporter-
Dad, Jeremy when did you get in?

Dad-
Late last night/early this morning.

Reporter-
Mom tell me about Jessica?

Mom-
She is my rock she is all of ours.. If any one of us is kinda down she's gonna make you laugh, give you hug, give you a kiss..she loved to pretend to give foot massages, rubbing on people's feet with lotion.. I don't know why but she pretends she's a waitress, walking in with her little pad, taking orders.

Teachers remember her, everyone remembers her.. There are teachers from 4years ago that are coming forward to say they remember her and that she was always such a helper to make sure everyone was taken care of..she has always been a helper.. We want our helper back.

She was the light of our house..the house is way too quiet..

Reporter-
Mom tell me about that morning.

Mom-
It was like any other morning. I got home at 7:30, her alarm went off at 7:45..she had wanted her own alrm clock so she could wake up to her alarm..she goes downstairs to watch TV, eats her granola bar, goes back upstairs and gets dressed, and then we peeled oranges for her snack at school, and made her water bottle. She gets on her coats, she calls her friend to make sure they're walking and gonna meet her friend that morning and her friend was walking. And I watched her walk out the door and thats the last time I saw her..and we need her to walk through that door.

Reporter-
Mom, were there ever any concerns with her walking that route?

Mom-
No, last year they stopped the free bus service, now have to pay for it.. Last year there were no other kids walking to school so I always drove her.. I asked her what she wanted to do this year and she said she wanted to walk with her friend J and his older brother who goes to the middle school.. There is a whole group of them from the neighborhood that walk home.. Its too quiet on the streets too. No kids playing.. They need to be able to be out playing again and not scared.

Reporter-
Mom, when did you know something was wrong?

Mom-
When the school called, she never misses school her favorite were Math and PE. She would never not go cause she didn't want to go. I got call from school and made sure she wasn't any of the places where I didn't think she would be but just wanted to check to make sure. (school and friends house)

Reporter-
Did you miss the call from school?

Mom-
Yes, they left a message on my cell phone. I recently have been applying for colleges and one of those colleges keeps calling so I left my phone downstairs so that I could get some sleep because i need to be rested for when Jessica gets home from school.

After getting the msg from the school I drove past the park and had a little bit of hope and thought maybe the school was mistaken and she was at the park playing with friend.. But she wasnt and I lost a little bit of hope..went to her friends house and noone answered the door..went to the school and noone had seen her so I lost a little more hope..went back to friends house and friend still wasnt home .. And I knew in the pit of my stomach(emotional and crying) a parent never wishes to go there. I wouldnt wish for any parent to ever have to go there..

We are a strong family and we will get through this and she'll be taken care of as she always has been and she will be stronger too.
<snip>
END OF TRANSCRIPT OF FIRST HALF OF 33MINUTE FAMILY INTERVIEW

TRANSCRIPT PART 2 OF 3 OF FAMILY INTERVIEW

Reporter-
Dad, when did you first learn of Jessica's missing?

Dad-
I got a phone call at work. LE called work looking for me and I was just getting off I called my grandmother while on my way home she said LE trying to reach me its something with Jessica.

Reporter-
How hard was it to be far away?

Dad-
It was by far the worst thing Ive ever been through..still is.

Reporter-
In this situation was there anything you wanna do but cant do?

Dad-
Dont know where to start.. Dont know what to do.. I just wanna find my daughter and bring her back home.

Reporter-
Is there a range of emotions?

Dad-
Its hard.. Extremely hard

Reporter-
Dad, where were you Sunday when you learned that her water bottle and backpack had been found?

Dad-
At work I got a call about the backpack and water bottle and I just told my boss I gotta leave. There were other guys working and they told me to get outta there they would do the work and I have just been lost ever since.

Reporter-
Mom, what was your reaction to the backpack and water bottle being found?

Mom-
I felt a sliver of hope.. I figured that if something really bad had happened to her that her backpack wouldn't have been there in plain sight.

Female family member-
It was something to grasp hope she's still with us.

Reporter-
Mom, did you see the backpack and it was Jessica's.

Mom-
Yes, Ive seen pictures of it. It was Jessica's.. The officer over the phone asked me to describe her backpack and water bottle. I had to make sure I was sitting down before they showed me the picture.. I just knew it was Jessica's and it was.. It was exactly how I had described it to the officer. I would have fallen down if Id not already been sitting.
<snip>

Sorry I cant finish second half right this minute as real life is unfortunately calling..will finish the remainder later this evening when I've got a little more time to finish it and post it

Police continue to search for missing 10-year-old Westminster girl Jessica Ridgeway on Wednesday, investigating tips and ruling out areas near her home.
At a 6:30 a.m. news conference, Westminster Police Department spokesman Trevor Materasso said crews will continue land searches Wednesday and a dive team will continue to search nearby bodies of water as a precaution. He said police are working to rule out possible places Jessica could be.
Part of those precautions include some police activity at a nearby landfill. Materasso said police have secured the trash that was collected from the area around the time of the girl's disappearance, but are not actively searching through the garbage at this time.
Additional people have been brought on board to handle the large number of tips generated in the case -- more than 650 have been received via phone and e-mail, Materasso said. The tips are prioritized and pursued, however, police do not have any updated information on any possible suspects or vehicles that may have been involved

Read more: Land, water searches continue as authorities look for missing girl Jessica Ridgeway - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...e-authorities-look-missing-girl#ixzz28txDjC2G
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

---------

Friday, October 5
  • Jessica leaves to meet friend J at Chelsea Park at 8:30.
  • She does not make it to park where friend and friends father wait until 8:40.
  • 4:29 Mother notifies police she is missing
  • 9:15 Amber Alert issued

Sunday, October 7
  • Backpack was found near corner of Andrew Way and Alpha Ct. in Superior, CO. in the morning. Some reports say left between 6:45PM Saturday and 1:00AM Sunday
  • Message sent to town listserver. Response was made to original poster that the backpack was related to abduction.
  • 1:00 PM message about backpack sent to 911 by original list server poster.

CODY, WY FOR REFERENCE ONLY-Currently listed as not related to this case
Monday, October 8
  • 4:30 Cody, WY girl abducted by man in white SUV
  • 6:45 Amber Alert Issued
  • Approximately 7:45, girl found by hunters on Spirit Mountain Road
    Suspect Arrested Sunday, October 14

Wednesday, October 10

• 4:00 family cleared as suspects
  • 7:30 police announce body found by waste worker approximately 18444 W. 82nd Street in Arvada. Pattridge Park Open Space.

Thursday, October 11
  • Body not ID'd
  • Police confirm body "Not Intact".

Friday, October 12
  • Body confirmed to be that of Jessica Ridgeway

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/17/jessica-ridgeway-case-tho_n_1973137.html

The report also said 21 percent of victims were 10 to 12 years old and initially encountered their abductor within a quarter-mile of their home. Jessica was 10 and last seen within two blocks of her house.

Lanning and Van Zandt noted investigators will build their own suspect profile using the evidence. They'll consider where Jessica was last seen alive and where her body was found, along with the condition of her body, which police have said was "not intact." There's also the girl's backpack, which might contain clues.

"Behavior can be expressed in a crime scene," Lanning said. "We're greatly hoping that in addition to behavioral clues, how about he left his DNA?"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back