TN. Senator Says He Keeps Two Families

VespaElf

Little Miss Showcase(runner-up)
Reaction score
MEMPHIS, Tenn. - State Sen. John Ford testified in a juvenile court hearing that he keeps two homes, living with two different women whose children he fathered.

Ford's testimony was part of his defense in a child support case. The Memphis Democrat heads a Senate committee that guides the state's child welfare policies, and for the past year he's tried to make use of a law he authored that keeps court-ordered support lower when a father is financially responsible for other children.

In a Juvenile Court hearing last year that is set for a follow-up hearing on Tuesday, Ford said he lives some days with ex-wife Tamara Mitchell-Ford and the three children they had together. On others, he stays with his longtime girlfriend, Connie Mathews, and their two children.

Ford and Mitchell-Ford went through a bitter divorce in 2002 that led to Mitchell-Ford's jailing after she plowed her car through Mathews' Collierville home.

Ford said he pays nearly all bills for both families. They stay in houses he owns and where he also lives, though neither home is in his South Memphis Senate district. ...................................
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=817&e=3&u=/ap/ford_child_support

How is this legal?? AND how/why do these women put up with this??? :rolleyes:

Messie, is that not an incredible story. From what I read about this Senator he's been in numerous scandels.

I want to swat the man upside his head. Thinking that $500 is adequate child support when he's making 6 figures. :furious:

btw: his wife is pregnant!!!!!!

I don't see anything illegal about it. If he's divorced from Wife No. 1 and never married the second woman, what's breaking the law? I think its incredible that women are stupid enough to put up with a man doing this, but I've heard about women putting up with a lot worse. Some women are so absolutely terrified of being without a man, they'll do just about anything. I certainly am glad that my mother raised us better than that and I hope to God that I raise my daughter the way I was raised!

Jeana (DP) said:
I don't see anything illegal about it. If he's divorced from Wife No. 1 and never married the second woman, what's breaking the law? I think its incredible that women are stupid enough to put up with a man doing this, but I've heard about women putting up with a lot worse. Some women are so absolutely terrified of being without a man, they'll do just about anything. I certainly am glad that my mother raised us better than that and I hope to God that I raise my daughter the way I was raised!

It's murky as to if he's really divorced from wife no. 1. Regardless, your right when it's not illegal to be stupid. What bothers me his him using his position as a senator to ensure he pays less child support.
"Ford's testimony was part of his defense in a child support case. The Memphis Democrat heads a Senate committee that guides the state's child welfare policies, and for the past year he's tried to make use of a law he authored that keeps court-ordered support lower when a father is financially responsible for other children."

http://www.tennessean.com/local/archives/05/01/64558230.shtml?Element_ID=64558230
Ford's comments were part of a hearing more than two years after Smith first petitioned Juvenile Court to increase the senator's $500-a-month support.

Ford's income has risen dramatically in recent years. Evidence in the hearing showed Ford's gross income reached $356,899 in 2003 and $255,752 in 2002.

Ford is battling a suit by a third woman, Dana Smith, who is trying to increase his court-ordered support of a 10-year-old girl he fathered. Smith, a former employee under Ford when he was General Sessions Clerk, won a 1996 sexual harassment verdict against him.

Well, now I have a clearer understanding of all this man's expenses ... :bang: Of course he can't afford more than a measly $500 child support payment. Furthermore, Republicans want him investigated because neither of these residences are in his district!

http://www.volunteertv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2859689
MEMPHIS, Tenn. State Senator John Ford brought his bills to Shelby County Juvenile Court to bolster his argument that child support payments he makes shouldn't be increased.

Ford told the court yesterday the upkeep on his Jaguar car and two upscale homes he owns costs a lot of his money.

Ford is fighting a petition by the mother of a ten-year-old girl he fathered.

Ford's 2003 earnings are listed at nearly 357-thousand dollars. The court currently requires him to pay 500 dollars a month to unemployed mother Dana Smith. She is now married, living in North Carolina and requesting the support payments be raised to more than two-thousand dollars.

Among the expense Ford listed are a 25-hundred-dollar-a-month mortgage on an East Memphis home he jointly owns with ex-wife Tamara Mitchell-Ford. Ford has testified he lives there part-time with Mitchell-Ford and their three children.

He also lists a 37-hundred-dollar mortgage payment on a Collierville home his which he jointly owns with Connie Mathews. Ford has also stated he sometimes stays there with Mathews and their two children.

Mitchell-Ford says she's six months pregnant and says Ford is the father.

This is disgusting. He obviously thinks nothing about siring these children. He just doesn't want to provide financial support. Maybe he should sell the Jag and get a Corolla. I want to send him a box of condoms.

tennessee said:
I want to send him a box of condoms.

Where do I send the condoms to? Unfortunately this guy doesn't seem to be doing anything illegal, and is probably doing more than most IF he is really paying the expenses in the two homes. Still this guy doesn't sound like he needs to be on any senate committees for child support due to a conflict of interest.

:mad:

http://www.wreg.com/Global/story.asp?S=2868965

NASHVILLE, TN (AP) - State Senator John Ford has threatened to sue a state Republican leader for implying he doesn't live in his Memphis district.

Memphis, TN (WREG) - When 3 On Your Side contacted State Senator John Ford about the current controversy he sounded more like a sailor than a senator. He told us not to, "bring him any ****." When we asked him about possible conflicts of interest between his lawmaking efforts and his child support case, he responded, "What's the conflict? Making a *** living?"

Jeana (DP) said:

Ditto, Jeana!

My mother raised me to NEVAH depend on a man.

This guy is one sleazy piece of work.

Jeana (DP) said:
Your mama did good Cupcake!!!! :)

I think most Southern Mamas teach their daughters that, right, Jeana?

My mother quit depending on a man when she found out my father cheated on her. Then she married a guy who turned out to be an abusive alcoholic - abusive to us kids, not her ... then she told him to take a hike! Yay, Mom!

Cupcake said:
I think most Southern Mamas teach their daughters that, right, Jeana?

My mother quit depending on a man when she found out my father cheated on her. Then she married a guy who turned out to be an abusive alcoholic - abusive to us kids, not her ... then she told him to take a hike! Yay, Mom!

I don't know, mine was a yankee!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back