Amazing Image: Eagle Snatches Crocodile From Riverbank

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
I guess this thread will be visited by Swampmama, I'd bet on that.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blo...riverbank-134802910--abc-news-topstories.html

lv_eagle_crocodile_dm_121010_wmain.jpg

The African fish eagle's diet usually consists of fish and small mammals, but that's not always the case.

An image shot by a safari guide shows the powerful bird snatching up a juvenile Nile crocodile from the banks of a river in Tanzania....

That's soooooooo cool!

That is amazing! I never thought about crocs or gators having to worry about danger from above like that.

But I do confess to having pics of my cats eating gator, but of course the gator they eat has been battered and fried and swiped of Mr. Swamp's dinner plate.

I often wonder if this is the reality of "Mothman" sightings. An eagle, owl or bat with a large animal hanging down as the fly up into the air could give the impression of a larger body with wings. Especially in the dark.

That is amazing! I never thought about crocs or gators having to worry about danger from above like that.

But I do confess to having pics of my cats eating gator, but of course the gator they eat has been battered and fried and swiped of Mr. Swamp's dinner plate.

BBM

That's not what the cats tell their friends;

"Yeah, so he's got us cornered in the backyard. So I sez split up and on three we'll attack him from all directions. This guy was 20 ft. if he was an inch. So I run at his mouth and jump on it and clamp it down. Then the other cats start clawing out his belly. He turns into a death roll and throws me off. He's coming at me with his jaws gaping open and I leap on his back and start clawing at his eyes. Finally I give a swipe with my paw and he's knocked unconscious. I jump down and we all finish clawing at him until he dies. Mom was so angry that we all were so bloody, but when she saw the alligator she patted our heads and said 'good kitties' and cooked him up and gave us all some."

I often wonder if this is the reality of "Mothman" sightings. An eagle, owl or bat with a large animal hanging down as the fly up into the air could give the impression of a larger body with wings. Especially in the dark.

I'm not sure which would be more frightening?! :eek:

I have never tried Gator, is it good ?

I'm not sure which would be more frightening?! :eek:

My poor little schnauzer Calvin got halfway scooped up out of thin air late one night, by an owl. Scared him to death and he would not go into our yard to pee without me by his side until we moved from that house. He was probably terrified!

PS Thank God for your hilarious sense of humor and your bright imagination, Steely!!!

abbie

I guess this thread will be visited by Swampmama, I'd bet on that.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blo...riverbank-134802910--abc-news-topstories.html

lv_eagle_crocodile_dm_121010_wmain.jpg

The African fish eagle's diet usually consists of fish and small mammals, but that's not always the case.

An image shot by a safari guide shows the powerful bird snatching up a juvenile Nile crocodile from the banks of a river in Tanzania....

That's soooooooo cool!

This is an amazing photo. I bet it was amazing to see in person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back