CA CA - Marlane Koue, 54, Oceanside, 1 October 2012

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Friend suspects foul play in missing Oceanside mom case

VISTA, Calif. - A friend of a missing mother from Oceanside told 10News she suspects foul play in the case.

Court documents obtained by 10News revealed a rocky relationship between 54-year-old Marlene Koue and her estranged husband, 23-year-old Sergio Erick Casteneda.

more at link ..............http://www.10news.com/news/friend-suspects-foul-play-in-missing-oceanside-mom-case

Huge age difference....another domestic violence case that the woman didn't follow thru on....

I believe her first name is spelled 'MarlAne'. That is how I found information.

JMO

She is another one of my favorite customers who is missing. She comes in a lot and like 99.99% of my customers I didn't know her name. I saw her last on September 30th the day before she disappeared and she was alone. So after the usual smiles and small talk I told her "Have a nice day" as she turned and walked away. Then after a couple seconds she looks back at me and says "No, you have a great time on your camping trip!"(which I had told her I was leaving on with my family before sunrise). All I have to add is that she seemed happier than I had ever seen her before, she was downright giddy.

I'm thinking she was so radiant the day before because she was away from her abusive husband or maybe she had a new boyfriend? Sadly it might turn out to be one of those too happy to be true moments in her life.

It is a video story and I couldn't find the video. :( can you summarize?

Restraining orders, emails, no trespass order for in-laws, photos of husband with guns, photos of bruises, multiple dv, multiple divorce filings

^^^items pasted on window.

I was cleaning up my subscriptions and saw this one....Googled Marlane's name and there is absolutely NOTHING updating her status....

Anyone else want to try?

http://www.ci.oceanside.ca.us/news/displaynews.asp?NewsID=331&TargetID=4

Oceanside Police Investigate Missing Adult Case With Suspicious Circumstances

October 11, 2012
54-year-old Marlane Koue’s was last seen at the Pizza Port restaurant in Carlsbad on October 1, 2012, at 6:15 p.m. She has not returned home or communicated with her family since. Her family is very concerned because she normally calls her daughter daily, and there has been no activity on her phone or bank accounts.

The family reported Koue missing on October 4, 2012. Koue resides with a roommate in the 1200 block of Larchwood in Oceanside. She is married, but currently separated from her husband; her husband has been interviewed and has cooperated with the investigation. There is no evidence of foul play at this point, but family and friends are concerned because it would be out of character for her to leave somewhere for any period of time without communicating her whereabouts. The lack of activity on her cell phone, and bank accounts and the fact she has completely stopped communicating with her family has raised suspicion regarding her disappearance.

Koue is described as WFA, 5’ 5”, 160 lbs., brown hair, and brown eyes. She was last seen driving Dodge Grand Caravan (beige in color) 4SHU678 CA.

A photo of Koue and her vehicle are attached to this press release. We also included a photo a van similar to the one she drives to include a side view.

Anyone with information regarding Koue’s whereabouts is asked to call Oceanside Police Detective Sergeant Matt Christensen at 760-435-4639. After hours, please call the Oceanside Police Department Communication Center at 760-435-4911.

this is the first i've seen of this case (and im local to it!). i just googled her name and didn't find anything new. i can't believe there hasnt been more info since she disappeared... they still havent found her car? if the "husband" is cooperating... what about the uncle or whatever he was?? the one she had a run-in with? someone knows what happened and they need to pay. she had a roommate in oceanside... so was that roommate home the whole night of the 1st? just wondering if the roommate could have been out for a while when Marlane got home and someone was there to hurt her? what if they had been following her and waited for her to leave pizza port? i wonder if she had any other stops on her way home. i also wonder if someone could have been in her car waiting...

It appears that the vehicle she was driving has never been found? The husband, according to the above article is in jail in Mexico. Could that be where her vehicle is now? Surely LE would have looked at videos of vehicles going through the checkpoint at San Diego. But with her being seen last on 01 Oct and reported missing on 21 Nov, that is lot of video to review.

I looked up her husband's Facebook account. Some of the stuff is public, he posted pics of her saying "no sonríe más puta." No sure what that means but he even commented on an old pic of them saying "Still smiling?" I think the PD need to look into him more.
Sergio Castaneda

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 4.10.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-10 at 4.10.12 PM.png
    396.6 KB · Views: 4

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads