GUILTY OR - Moji Tholl, 51, found slain in house fire, Eugene, 9 Oct 2012

flourish

Now With 30% More Emo
Reaction score
I don't start new threads often, and I searched and searched but didn't find one on this yet. My deepest apologies if this is a duplicate thread.

"Detectives Investigate Eugene House Fire Death"
http://www.registerguard.com/web/news/28875623-57/fire-eugene-river-road-victim.html.csp

From article:
Authorities responded to the home in the 1200 block of River Road just before 2 p.m., after receiving a 911 call.
Then this:
"Details Emerge About Man Found Dead in Burning House"
http://riverroadsantaclara.kval.com...ils-emerge-about-man-found-dead-burning-house

From that article:
Investigators also said the victim and his accused killer both had children by the same woman, who days early was arrested after a domestic dispute with the man found dead in the home.
So it sounds like the man who perished in the fire was living with a woman with whom he had at least one offspring (no mention if these offspring are minors or adults). They lived in a rented house on River Road in Eugene, Oregon. She also had at least one offspring with a man who lives in neighboring Springfield, Oregon.

A few days before the fire, the man and woman living in the River Road house had a domestic altercation resulting in the woman being arrested and charged with "fourth degree assault, menacing and strangulation," according to the second article. She was out with a GPS bracelt when the fire occurred.

Then on Tuesday, October 9th, the man who lives in Springfield allegedly set the deadly fire which killed the victim. It sounds like there were injuries on the victim that were not from the fire.

Interested to see how this one plays out.

I know a lot of people who live in this area and they've been very upset about it. It's a nice area of Eugene where people know their neighbors and watch out for each other. The thought of those I know is that it was a crime of passion.

I work in that area of town, and it is pretty--just near the river and lots of parks. Beautiful neighborhood with some gorgeous houses. I wish I could have seen it when it was more filbert orchards:)

I gotta say, seeing the Eugene mobile crime unit parked on River Road last week brought me right back to the last time I saw it--just a few blocks down on Howard Avenue, with that awful child abuse death case.

It sure sounds like there was some dysfunction between these folks. Kimster, do you happen to know if any of the children of these three are minors? The victim was 51, I think it said, but it didn't give the ages of the alleged perp or the woman, unless I missed it.

http://www.opb.org/news/article/murderer-sentenced-to-life/

After Moji Tholl’s family members spoke, Lane County Circuit Judge Karsten Rasmussen sentenced Robert Charles Baimbridge to life in prison with the chance for parole after 25 years. He also set a 5½-year term for arson that will run at the same time as the murder sentence...

After Wednesday’s sentencing, Deputy District Attorney Robert Lane said it appeared that Baimbridge had gone to the house late the night before or early that morning and laid in wait for Tholl. Lane said that after Tholl arrived, there was an argument, and Baimbridge beat Tholl in the head with a hammer and slammed his head against something, killing him.

Baimbridge left the house at some point and returned later in the day with charcoal lighter fluid. He spread the fluid around the house, set it on fire and left, Lane said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back