Hung jury?

Do you think there will be verdicts on all counts or hung jury?

• Verdicts on all 3 counts

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Verdicts on 2 counts; hung on the 3rd

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Verdict on 1 count; hung on the other 2

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Hung Jury on all 3 counts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

artsy1

Reaction score
Given the makeup of the jurors (more men than women), who thinks this trial could end in a hung jury?

My instinct says that the women might be more likely to convict from an emotional level (even though they aren't supposed to), but I'm thinking that if Marc Victor's strategy is to hold the verdict to the wording of the law, and gets anyone on the jury to think his way that there are separate crimes - those committed in AZ, and those committed in TX, that it's possible we could see a hung jury on at least one if not more counts.

Let's hear what you all think.

After reading Marc Victor's motion to drop the Kidnapping Charges - I think he might successfully convince one or more Jurors that Elizabeth Johnson's crime of Kidnapping happened in the jurisdiction of Texas - and any charges of Kidnapping should be charged and tried in Texas.

If this Jury is allowed to know the Child Abuse charges were dropped - this could sway a Juror to question the validity of the jurisdiction of the Kidnapping charges, too - in my opinion.

After reading Marc Victor's motion to drop the Kidnapping Charges - I think he might successfully convince one or more Jurors that Elizabeth Johnson's crime of Kidnapping happened in the jurisdiction of Texas - and any charges of Kidnapping should be charged and tried in Texas.

If this Jury is allowed to know the Child Abuse charges were dropped - this could sway a Juror to question the validity of the jurisdiction of the Kidnapping charges, too - in my opinion.

Although I believe the child abuse charges were dropped before the trial began, it which case the jurors will never hear about it.

And because the judge told MV this afternoon that MV cannot bring up the jurisdiction issue since he told the jury they didn't dispute the facts, and the facts include that the kidnapping was a violation of an AZ court order - so it was indeed an AZ crime.

Changes the whole defense ballgame!

Although I believe the child abuse charges were dropped before the trial began, it which case the jurors will never hear about it.

Thanks. I wasn't sure about this.

I have no clue on this, so I couldn't vote. I do know that Victor really tried to skew the jury instructions towards lack of jurisdiction, but the judge blew him off. There is no way he can argue jurisdiction. He will argue minute points of law to them, I'm sure.

I'll have to listen to the closing arguments today to see where he goes with this. EJ's case is entirely created around closings and jury instructions.

I also need to hear the final version of the jury instructions.

That jury could have a tough time coming to a verdict, though. Victor will hound them about them. Thank goodness the prosecution has his number and gets to go last.

I created a [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188088"]Verdict Watch[/ame] thread... :)

I have no clue on this, so I couldn't vote. I do know that Victor really tried to skew the jury instructions towards lack of jurisdiction, but the judge blew him off. There is no way he can argue jurisdiction. He will argue minute points of law to them, I'm sure.

I'll have to listen to the closing arguments today to see where he goes with this. EJ's case is entirely created around closings and jury instructions.

I also need to hear the final version of the jury instructions.

That jury could have a tough time coming to a verdict, though. Victor will hound them about them. Thank goodness the prosecution has his number and gets to go last.

i voted not knowing the make-up of the jury. i really need to run an errand but i am afraid to leave :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back