'Survivor' Winner Arraigned on Tax Evasion

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
[size=-1] Richard Hatch, who rose to fame as the first winner of the "Survivor" TV series, was arraigned on charges of tax evasion on Tuesday for not declaring more than $1 million in earnings. He was released after surrendering his passport and paying a $50,000 bond

[/size]
[size=-1] Hatch, 43, a Rhode Island resident, was formally charged in federal court in Providence after prosecutors said he failed to declare the $1 million he earned for beating out all other contestants on the hit reality TV show in 2000. [/size]

[size=-1] Hatch, a corporate trainer and consultant, is also charged with failing to declare the $10,000 prize he earned for appearing on the series' final episode and more than $300,000 he earned the following year from radio appearances. [/size]

[size=-1] The charges against Hatch carry a maximum sentence of up to 10 years in prison and a $500,000 fine.
[/size]

[size=-1]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news
[/size]

Geez. Did this guy really think that he would get away with this? I personally never liked Richard Hatch. So, I guess that I could say, "It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy." :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back