PA PA - John Chocha, 52, Harrisburg State Hospital, 19 Jul 1969

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Starting a new thread at the request of a newbie, who doesn't yet have thread starting capabilities.

John Chocha Jr.

chocha_john.jpg

Above: Chocha, circa 1969

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: May or June 1969 from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Classification: Endangered Missing
Height: 6'0, 145 - 173 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Gray hair, blue eyes.
Medical Conditions: Chocha suffers from paranoid schizophrenia.

Details of Disappearance

Chocha was confined to the Harrisburg State Mental Hospital in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania in 1969. His sister visited him sometime during May or June of that year. A few weeks kater, Chocha's wife called the hospital to say she was visiting him, and was told that he had disappeared. No one had informed his relatives of this beforehand. Chocha had privileges to visit the town at the time of his disappearance.

Chocha has never been heard from again. There has been no activity on his Social Security number since his disappearance. He was declared legally dead seven years after he vanished, but few details are available in his case and it remains unsolved.

The big issues with this case are two-fold.

One, there are a LOT of bodies buried around the hospital ground. Not all of the cemeteries were properly marked, and the ones that were have a lot of unsorted/uncatalogued remains. The area back then, and even now to a degree, has some heavy wooden areas. There is the possibility that he somehow ended up in nearby Wildwood Park and drowned. The Susquehanna River is also not too far away.

The other issue is landscape changes. There are a lot more buildings and parking lots in the general area. It could very well be that his remains were paved over. A lot of construction has taken place on the hospital grounds and the general area.

I'm his grandson and no need to further investigate except where he is buried.

He was incorrectly diagnosed as PTSD was not recognized until 1980. wrong medicine prescribed and was part of health surveillance conducted by HEW now known as HHS. Think of every war, every diagnosis pre 1980, wrong medicine, wrong diagnosis.

They know where he is but refuse to tell family!

There were others during that time and Mental Health Reform is needed.

I do want to thank everyone who spent time on this.

Best Regards,

Chris

I wanted to thank everyone again that researched this matter.

So if anyone is interested, look up Boleslaw Chocha, and it will make better sense. Boleslaw was top Commander, Chief of Staff in Poland. The face of communism for a long period. John from what I can find, was related, possibly by his Uncle. John was born in U.S. and fought honorably in the 2nd War. 100% American, torn between the US, his freedoms and his former Country being ripped apart by Communism. John's father left due to political issues and started a new life in the United States.

We are hoping the files will be released very soon.

This declassified document as well as others clearly show LSD was being giving to patients in 1952, probably earlier and not just the C.I.A. but H.E.W. (now H.H.S). Other documents state that program went into the early 1970's (probably much later) and that Harrisburg was one location for the LSD and MK Ultra Projects. Police made comments in early years of investigation referencing L.S.D. and/or acid that Chocha was part of. We now think we have probable cause to reopen the case as murder.

We still believe he is buried on Carlisle Military base.

Again thanks for everyone that helped on this. There are others, keep searching everyone.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181225-052643_Word.jpg
    Screenshot_20181225-052643_Word.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 10
This declassified document as well as others clearly show LSD was being giving to patients in 1952, probably earlier and not just the C.I.A. but H.E.W. (now H.H.S). Other documents state that program went into the early 1970's (probably much later) and that Harrisburg was one location for the LSD and MK Ultra Projects. Police made comments in early years of investigation referencing L.S.D. and/or acid that Chocha was part of. We now think we have probable cause to reopen the case as murder.

We still believe he is buried on Carlisle Military base.

Again thanks for everyone that helped on this. There are others, keep searching everyone.

So are these victims in unmarked military graves? Or are they buried under fake names and credentials? I realize this could be difficult to know, just curious as to how they buried them as unknown without a link to them and military. Of course, I also understand that coverups take many different stories, I’m just very interested in how this kind of thing happens. I would assume they would have some type of story to bury someone in the military cemetery. Very scary stuff , and very disturbing that hospitals would get away with things such as this. I remember getting very interested in two medical workers, (can’t remember what facility or capacity) however they worked in a mental health facility and they had a very suspicious disappearance as well.

Thanks

I believe the grave probably has first initial and last name with date of death, probably in June 1969. Problem is that these graves are not registered with Office at Pentagon. So if its not registered it doesn't exist. Carlisle Military Base has gruesome past regarding burials.

So I'm enclosing my request from the F.B.I. which states files were destroyed. The family has a letter dated previously stating there was no info or files. So at least we have the govt in a lie.

If someone could take photos on Carlisle Military Base of these graves, and who knows may stumble on Chocha's grave.

US Army War College is housed at Carlisle as well making it more likely he is buried there.

Chocha spoke Russian and was selected not by choice for Project Bluebird. Due to Russias past, the reason his dad left, he would never go back. Then during the famous LSD interviews, it came out that he was a cousin of Boleslaw Chocha - no family contact with Boleslaw for decades. Johns father was Boleslaws Uncle, and his brother, Konstanty fought against Russia. Boleslaw was forced into training camps in retaliation for his father fighting against Russia. From an early age, he was told his family all died.

They took him from the hospital, and started interviewing him on the military base. Some people still know this and he died during interrogation. He didn't have anything to offer, they thought he was lying and he died. One lie that the govt kept covering up.

Initial police report has so many inconsistencies. Like confined to Mental Hospital with privileges to visit town on weekends. Then the next sentence, he stopped taking his medicine and no one question those statements.

No one even today confined to Hospital with paranoid schizophrenia and who stops taking his medicine would be allowed to visit town.

We have started a petition on change.org and requesting everyone make some noise with your respective Representative and Senators. There are others that this impacts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190107-135549_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190107-135549_Drive.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 8
So are these victims in unmarked military graves? Or are they buried under fake names and credentials? I realize this could be difficult to know, just curious as to how they buried them as unknown without a link to them and military. Of course, I also understand that coverups take many different stories, I’m just very interested in how this kind of thing happens. I would assume they would have some type of story to bury someone in the military cemetery. Very scary stuff , and very disturbing that hospitals would get away with things such as this. I remember getting very interested in two medical workers, (can’t remember what facility or capacity) however they worked in a mental health facility and they had a very suspicious disappearance as well.

Thanks

What mental health facility and what year? I would imagine H.H.S. would have files on their disappearance. MK Ultra never stopped they just transferred everything over to H.E.W. (now known as H.H.S.).

What mental health facility and what year? I would imagine H.H.S. would have files on their disappearance. MK Ultra never stopped they just transferred everything over to H.E.W. (now known as H.H.S.).
I’ll need to see if I can locate that case. If I remember correctly it was in the mid to late 60’s. And Texas is what is popping in my head for some reason. I actually think it was on an episode of Unsolved Mysteries.

Very interesting, I am obviously not well versed on this subject. I must admit this has peeked my interest to read more. There are probably thousands of missing people, whose families are struggling the same way. I’m going to keep reading.

We have started a petition at change.org to put pressure on the government to release files. I'm eternally grateful to everyone that assisted, supported, researched or spent time on this.

Please read the petition, sign and share. Thank you.

Sign the Petition

According to multiple missing persons websites, Chocha was a patient at Harrisburg State Hospital in 1969, but had privileges to leave the hospital campus and visit town. He was last seen by his sister in May or June 1969. A few weeks later, his wife attempted to visit and was told he had disappeared. He was not seen again and was declared legally dead seven years later.

Thumbnail

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Missing persons: In Pennsylvania, how many are lost and from where?

JerseyGirl

He is buried on Carlise Military Base. I'm in federal court, ready to file a class action lawsuit on 10 additional victims by H.H.S. Also trying to reopen investigation as wrongful death.

Thanks for sharing. The more people who research and talk the better.

Hi everyone, this is his grandson Chris Kline with new account and update! CIA has stated executive order protecting Harrisburg State Hospital during 1969 thus confirming their presence there! They haven’t answered the other questions choosing to ignore MK Ultra or similar experiments at Harrisburg State Hospital before and after 1969. As of now it is wrongful death being covered up by federal agencies which we believe went all the way to J Edgar Hoover. I also have requested the Army and Pentagon to complete an IG investigation on Carlisle Military Base as that is the most probable burial place. Enclosing letter from Congress stating basically same!

The fight is not over but CIA, FBI and HHS have led a stalling campaign thinking I would give up! Feel free to sign the change.org petition with his family pictured! Thanks again for investigating and researching, the family appreciates everything!!

Attachments

• 16BC0824-05DD-4C8E-B64A-90D48CCF0EE5.jpeg
    16BC0824-05DD-4C8E-B64A-90D48CCF0EE5.jpeg
    184.9 KB · Views: 6
And the final piece of why he died! Hopefully this will allow for govt to give funeral and closure for family!

And the final chapter in the John Chocha saga:

My mom gave up this fight to ensure we were raised, educated and healthy! For my mother, who really is the hero in this, who fought through a false diagnosis her whole life to raise my family - thank you for always being there.

And the final piece of the story! The big secret that still keeps this confidential or classified, has already been told (not classified). The US had a spy who befriended Boleslaw Chocha, who found out of family in US who he never met! The US had to make sure, so they interviewed John Chocha under LSD where he died pledging allegiance to the United States of America! Fearful of wrongful death and race to moon amongst other things, govt covered it up with false story! Oh the spy was extradited and lived out his life in the US, while the Chocha family lived under false suspicion ever since- in me, went to school for investigations/administration of justice -investigated here and there but pointed in wrong direction for life! No more, here is the story! Sounds amazing, try living it your whole life.

Funny, the spy actually, lived fairly close to John Chocha's daughter in Virginia until government forced the spy to move away!

Now time for government to allow final burial with military honors!

SEMPER FI!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back