**Guilty of 2 of 3 charges (hung on kidnapping)**Verdict watch

seattlechiquita

Reaction score
I thought we needed this thread.... let's all wait together. Just a bit longer. :seeya:

i am going to take a leap of faith and go run two errands and hopefully we will still be on verdict watch when i get back . bbs :seeya:

Has anything happened today that I should know about? Any announcements or requests for evidence or explanations, etc.?

The little I have read and seen makes it clear to me that there is enough to convict on everything. However, EJ's doe-eyed, innocent look in court, her facial expressions, etc., make me feel that some jurors may feel sorry for her.

EJ is a monster, to me. One that may have been created, but a monster nonetheless. However, she is a physically beautiful one. I can see that despite my intense dislike and anger towards her.

I fear that her attractiveness will make it harder for the jury to find her guilty on everything. Attractive people always fare better in legal proceedings.

The fact that the jury did not get to hear more about her volatility and evil further cements this doubt for me.

I surely hope it's not the case here and that the jury does the right thing. This girl is a total danger to society and this is likely the only justice Gabriel and Logan may be able to get.

I agree, she is a monster. I think she's totally aware of the difference between right and wrong, she's always chosen to do what she wants when she wants and how she wants.

Yeah, I've got to run a couple of errands myself, went all the way to Wal-Mart yesterday for a few things, and by accident left the lettace and cheese there that I was going to make tacos with. Oops! Oh well, just need to bring in my receipt today and hopefully come home with what I need.

I don't get the feeling the jury will be out too long on this one.

I have a really bad feeling about this one. I don't feel like there was enough substance to the whole trial. It was very lame and I blame our whole justice set up.

i just made it back. i will keep looking for updates and check back

Marc Victor's closing was a complete mess. IMO of course the prosecution stuck to the facts of the case in their closing and rebuttal (even though the feed went out on us on rebuttal) I'm sure. MV came across as ripping a new one in the jury when he began. His history lesson (of which I can't remember what it was about as I was checking out mentally) his football play by play (WTH?) and his constant "even if you don't like EJ". Where was the defense of his client?
I can't see her walking because I think the state did a good job with what they had.

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio
Elizabeth Johnson Trial: The jury began deliberations at 10:45am this morning

I agree, she is a monster. I think she's totally aware of the difference between right and wrong, she's always chosen to do what she wants when she wants and how she wants.

Yeah, I've got to run a couple of errands myself, went all the way to Wal-Mart yesterday for a few things, and by accident left the lettace and cheese there that I was going to make tacos with. Oops! Oh well, just need to bring in my receipt today and hopefully come home with what I need.

I don't get the feeling the jury will be out too long on this one.

Oh, I hope you're right. I'm praying for guilt and a long sentence. If this woman gets out while during her child bearing years, another baby and father will likely be doomed.

Thanks everyone for the updates. I'm trying to avoid watching trials while I deal with some depression -- but I can't forget little Gabriel. Now since I didn't watch the trial, I can't comment on the evidence. But like Casey Anthony, Ms. Johnson was the last person seen with Gabriel -- though the responsibility is on her. If she can't produce him, she needs to pay the price for his disappearance.

Just my opinion - thanks.

Mel

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio
Elizabeth Johnson Trial: Jury went to lunch. They will return at 1:30pm to deliberate.

I'm waiting and wondering as well.

I've gpt the TV tuned to HLN, in the hopes they will cover a verdict if it happens today.

Gitana, I'm thinking that the prosecution put out a great deal of evidence about EJ's character. IMO, she is an emotional roller-coaster with little contact with the real world. She was punishing Logan for the break-up.

What I saw of Victor's closing was surely a very hot mess! Also, notice he didn't put on any witnesses. EJ sure needed Grandma on the stand to vouch for her "good" nature! The fact is, her closest relatives wouldn't take the stand in her defense. What does that say to the jury? Where were the FRIENDS who could vouch she was the one who was the one who took care of Gabriel? I'm sure he tried, and got nobody to stand up for her side.

EJ is a frightening person, IMHO.

I hope the jury sees that.

I'm waiting and wondering as well.

I've gpt the TV tuned to HLN, in the hopes they will cover a verdict if it happens today.

Gitana, I'm thinking that the prosecution put out a great deal of evidence about EJ's character. IMO, she is an emotional roller-coaster with little contact with the real world. She was punishing Logan for the break-up.

What I saw of Victor's closing was surely a very hot mess! Also, notice he didn't put on any witnesses. EJ sure needed Grandma on the stand to vouch for her "good" nature! The fact is, her closest relatives wouldn't take the stand in her defense. What does that say to the jury? Where were the FRIENDS who could vouch she was the one who was the one who took care of Gabriel? I'm sure he tried, and got nobody to stand up for her side.

EJ is a frightening person, IMHO.

I hope the jury sees that.

BBM

Excellent point, Carolina! Since he was trying to make such a point that she was a good mother (ie CPS case closed because there was no evidence - not the real reason it was closed) and was trying to do the best for Gabriel, I would think they would want people who knew her on the stand to testify that she took good care of him.

Wonder if maybe they couldn't find anyone who would testify to that under oath? :waitasec:

Anyone think the jury will return a verdict today? I'm thinking it will be more like tomorrow if they listen to the audio recordings and go through the text and voice messages.

Thanks everyone for the updates. I'm trying to avoid watching trials while I deal with some depression -- but I can't forget little Gabriel. Now since I didn't watch the trial, I can't comment on the evidence. But like Casey Anthony, Ms. Johnson was the last person seen with Gabriel -- though the responsibility is on her. If she can't produce him, she needs to pay the price for his disappearance.

Just my opinion - thanks.

Mel

Hey, I hope it goes away soon and that you feel better quickly! (I'm going through a tiny bit of the same thing - but only in the last 24 hours).

Take care of yourself. We love you!!!!

I want them to take their time. I want them to size up EJ's character as well as what she did with her own child. I want them to truly understand what dealings she had with Tammi. She didn't want Gabriel. That's obviious. She just didn't want to let Logan have him. She'd rather kill him or give him to a stranger than allow Logan to have HER son.

The mentality behind that is so terribly twisted.

I just wish the jury could have had more background information, as you pointed out, Artsy.

MC Superior Court‏@courtpio

Elizabeth Johnson Trial: The jury has resumed deliberations.

MC Superior Court‏@courtpio

Elizabeth Johnson Trial: The jury has resumed deliberations.

Now they can be about the business of finding EJ guilty. I think they spent this morning organizing, taking polls, and selecting a foreman.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back