798 users online (104 members and 694 guests)  

Websleuths News

NY - Brooklyn, Female, 25-30, in Mill Basin, brown hoodie, Oct'12

New details have surfaced about the dead body found floating in Mill Basin’s waters yesterday, behind Kings Plaza.

DNAinfo reports:

Albert Gindi, 19, said he made the grim discovery while taking a break from his job at Paramount Decorators, in the strip mall abutting the marina.

“At first I saw the sneakers and that was pretty rough,” he told DNAinfo.com New York. “And then I see a belly. When I looked closer it looked like there was no head, so it’s probably like a mannequin, I thought.

“And then I’m getting closer and I see the head…after that I called 911. I was freaking out.”

The body was “not in the best shape,” according to police. Harbor Police pulled the woman in from one of the marina’s docks, eventually strapping her to a rescue board for removal.

Gindi said the woman had short hair, was wearing a brown hooded sweatshirt, and jeans.

The body was found in the marina behind the strip mall, Kings Plaza and Dolly’s Ices shop – Avenue U near East 57th Street – at approximately 3:20 p.m. Her identity remains unknown

http://www.sheepsheadbites.com/2012/...d-kings-plaza/
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-17-2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Add Link - Revise thread title

That would be this approximate area: https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Avenu...+York&t=m&z=16
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

The caption in this story refers to a 29-year-old woman, which kind of implies they might know who it is: http://www.brooklyndaily.com/stories..._10_26_bk.html

But I can't find any announcment of who she might have been.

She was never entered in Namus or Doenet as far as I can tell.

No update. Not in Namus.

I never heard of this.. I wonder if she was identified?

New York City has so many murder victims and drug deaths that most likely her case is just sitting in a filing cabinet somewhere waiting along with several hundred other cases...

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    New York City has so many murder victims and drug deaths that most likely her case is just sitting in a filing cabinet somewhere waiting along with several hundred other cases...
    oh I KNOW.. and most of them you never even hear about! and when you DO hear about them.. they don't really give you any information.. its like they don't want them identified!..so weird.
    Last edited by madamx; 01-12-2018 at 09:34 PM.

The caption in this story refers to a 29-year-old woman, which kind of implies they might know who it is: http://www.brooklyndaily.com/stories..._10_26_bk.html

But I can't find any announcment of who she might have been.

She was never entered in Namus or Doenet as far as I can tell.
    this was the article when I linked to it. Is it the same one you saw..I don't see anything about her being 29 though. is it a different article?

Frightful find: The bloated body of a dead woman
    By Colin Mixson

The bloated body of an unidentified woman was found floating in the water of a Mill Basin inlet on Monday afternoon, according to witnesses and police.
    Cops fished the body of a woman in her late 20s out around 4 pm and covered it in a white shroud on the pier off Avenue U between E. 58th and E. 59th streets until coroners from the Medical Examiners Office arrived more than three hours later, said witnesses.
    Nicky Rago, who works at Dolly’s Ice Cream overlooking the marina, heard the furor and went to investigate.
    “She was all blown up, like she’d probably been there a while,” he said.
    An autopsy didn’t immediately reveal the cause of death and further tests were underway, said Grace Brugess, a spokeswoman for the Medical Examiners Officer, adding that it could be weeks before the final results are in.
    The grim haul was an unprecedented one in a quaint marina that’s a favorite with local fisherman, said Phil Cordero, a worker at Corvette’s.
    “It’s the first time I’ve heard about anything like that, and I’ve been here 10 years,” he said.
    Dolly’s owner Dolly Rago, who has been at her Avenue U location for 20 years, said the frightful find was a first for the close-knit neighborhood.
    “It was creepy, you know? it’s never happened before here,” she said

its frustrating.. Iam always looking at all these cases and wish they had more info!!

Quote Originally Posted by madamx View Post
    this was the article when I linked to it. Is it the same one you saw..I don't see anything about her being 29 though. is it a different article?

Frightful find: The bloated body of a dead woman
    By Colin Mixson

The bloated body of an unidentified woman was found floating in the water of a Mill Basin inlet on Monday afternoon, according to witnesses and police.
    Cops fished the body of a woman in her late 20s out around 4 pm and covered it in a white shroud on the pier off Avenue U between E. 58th and E. 59th streets until coroners from the Medical Examiners Office arrived more than three hours later, said witnesses.
    Nicky Rago, who works at Dolly’s Ice Cream overlooking the marina, heard the furor and went to investigate.
    “She was all blown up, like she’d probably been there a while,” he said.
    An autopsy didn’t immediately reveal the cause of death and further tests were underway, said Grace Brugess, a spokeswoman for the Medical Examiners Officer, adding that it could be weeks before the final results are in.
    The grim haul was an unprecedented one in a quaint marina that’s a favorite with local fisherman, said Phil Cordero, a worker at Corvette’s.
    “It’s the first time I’ve heard about anything like that, and I’ve been here 10 years,” he said.
    Dolly’s owner Dolly Rago, who has been at her Avenue U location for 20 years, said the frightful find was a first for the close-knit neighborhood.
    “It was creepy, you know? it’s never happened before here,” she said
    No they changed the headline after I quoted it. Probably just a mistake. Or it turned out not to be the person they thought it was.

No they changed the headline after I quoted it. Probably just a mistake. Or it turned out not to be the person they thought it was.
    ahh your right carbuff, that is prob the case..it turned out not to be who they thought it was..is what iam thinking....but then who is it??? arrrgh!