--------------------------------------------
Glenda Frances Moorehead, 43, Missing 18 March 1988 from Tyler, TX

Glenda Frances Moorehead
Missing since March 18, 1988 from Tyler, Smith County, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: February 18, 1945
Age at Time of Disappearance: 43 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; green eyes. Light complexion. Wears reading glasses; pierced ears.
Marks, Scars: Hysterectomy scar
Clothing: Blue, red, and yellow short sleeved sweater, blue jeans; earrings, necklaces, watch.

Circumstances of Disappearance

Moorehead was last seen between 22:30 and 23:30 outside Proud Mary's, a former club located in the vicinity of the 3400 block of US Highway 69 North in Tyler, Texas on March 18, 1988.Her blue, four door, 1975 Chevrolet with a white top was later located with her purse, ID, coat, and billfold on the front seat at the same location where she had been last seen. The keys were left in the ignition and the headlights were left on. Bloodstains and a shoe were found.

Foul play is suspected.

Moorehead was divorced, and had three children. She worked as head waitress at El Charro’s.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Tyler Police Department
903-531-1028

Agency Case Number: 88-08755

NCIC Number: M-806265056

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

National Center for Missing Adults
Tyler Morning Telegraph
Justice For All
The Doe Network: Case File 1581DFTX

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1581dftx.html

GFMoorehead.jpg

Glenda Frances Moorehead
Missing since March 18, 1988 from Tyler, Smith County, Texas
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: February 18, 1945
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 43 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 120 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; green eyes. Light complexion. Wears reading glasses; pierced ears.
    • Marks, Scars: Hysterectomy scar
    • Clothing: Blue, red, and yellow short sleeved sweater, blue jeans; earrings, necklaces, watch.
    • DNA: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
Moorehead was last seen between 22:30 and 23:30 outside Proud Mary's, a former club located in the vicinity of the 3400 block of US Highway 69 North in Tyler, Texas on March 18, 1988.

Her blue, four door, 1975 Chevrolet with a white top was later located with her purse, ID, coat, and billfold on the front seat at the same location where she had been last seen. The keys were left in the ignition and the headlights were left on. Bloodstains and a shoe were found.

Foul play is suspected.
Moorehead was divorced, and had three children. She worked as head waitress at El Charro’s.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Tyler Police Department
903-531-1028

Agency Case Number: 88-08755
NCIC Number: M806265056

Source Information:
NamUs MP #976
Tyler Morning Telegraph
Justice For All
The Doe Network: Case File 1581DFTX

Glenda Frances Moorehead
glenda_frances_moorehead_1.jpg

Moorehead, circa 1988

• Missing Since 03/18/1988
  • Missing From Tyler, Texas
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 02/18/1945 (76)
  • Age 43 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 120 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A blue, red and yellow short-sleeved sweater, blue jeans, earrings, a watch, and necklaces.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes. Moorehead wears eyeglasses. She has a hysterectomy scar on her abdomen and her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance

Moorehead was last seen between 10:30 and 11:30 p.m. on March 18, 1988, outside of Proud Mary's, a club located in the vicinity of the 3400 block of U. S. Highway 69 north in Tyler, Texas. She has never been heard from again.

Her blue four-door 1975 Chevrolet with a white top was later located in the same place where she was last seen. Her purse, identification, coat, and billfold were on the front seat of the car, the keys were in the ignition, and the headlights were on. The driver's side window was rolled down about two inches. Authorities also found a trail of blood and one of Moorehead's shoes, but no indication of her whereabouts.

Investigators have a suspect in Moorehead's case, a man who died by suicide after her disappearance. They have never been able to determine whether or not he was involved in Moorehead's presumed abduction. She had three children in 1988. She was declared legally dead in 1999.

Foul play is suspected in Moorehead's case. Her case is unsolved.
Investigating Agency
  • Tyler Police Department 903-531-1028
Source Information

Glenda Moorehead
Posted by NancysPassions77 on October 5, 2009
Glenda Moorehead
Hello, my name is Glenda Moorehead, and I have been missing for 16 years. I was divorced, and had three great children, and a good job. I don’t know how this happened to me, but it did and now my children, family and friends have to suffer. Here is my story.

My day started just like it did everyday. I went to work at 10:15am Sat. morning March 18, 1988.I was head waitress at El Charro’s. I had worked there for almost 18 years. I got off work at 5:00pm and stayed there for awhile to play some games on the machines. Later, I left and went home.

My son was there and I asked him what he was planning for the night and he said he didn’t know. I told him I was going to Proud Mary’s to play pool. (Mom was very good, and Proud Mary’s was a country dancing place were you could dance, or play games, pool and have a cold beer.) My brother Rickey was there playing pool. I played for awhile and danced.

I ran into Carol, a new acquaintance. She was friends with Sherry, whom I knew well. Carol asked if I would like to go over to the Brass Star. I told her okay, so around that time the disc jockey announced that the headlights on a 1972 Chevrolet, blue and white were on. I guess I didn’t hear the announcement. Around 11:00 pm we walked out the door of the club – Carol was parked out front and I was parked in the back on the left side of the building. That is the last time anyone ever heard from me.

Again, I am Glenda’s daughter and this is my theory of what took place that night. Mom left the club between 10:30 and 11:30 pm. I know mom made it to the car because her purse was in the seat, and she had put two dollars on top of it to stop and get cigarettes as she always did. The driver’s side window was rolled down about two inches, the keys were still in the ignition, her coat, the rest of her money, and her identification were still in her wallet, in her purse. My theory is that Mom was sitting in the car when someone approached, and she rolled down the window, then somehow the car door was opened ,and the attack commenced. The attacker had her at this point, carrying her to the back of the parking lot. But somehow she got away and ran to the side of the building were she lost one of her shoes. Then the attacker grabbed her again, and then took her to the side of the building and hurt her there. I believe that she got away again and ran to the back door of the club, and she was bleeding. She beat on the back door and no one heard her. I believe he grabbed her again, carried her up the parking lot to his vehicle and got away. All that was left was a trail of blood. She vanished, just like that, never to be seen again. A 43-year-old mom, loved by all that knew her.

This theory is just that. Only the abductor really knows what happened that night. We just wish we knew were our mother’s body is. We want to give her a proper funeral. We miss our mother every day and have learned to live with the pain in our hearts. We just keep going through the motions of living and breathing. The pain of losing someone, the torture that you go through can’t be communicated. No one understands why we haven’t gotten over it, they seem to have forgotten. It’s not on the 10:00 news anymore. That’s right, you seem to have forgotten it because it didn’t touch your life ,and I hope someone you love never ends up on the list of MURDERED AND MISSING.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back