French dog poisoned and buried alive survives

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/french-dog-poisoned-buried-alive-survives-164820381.html

PARIS (AP) — A Jack Russell terrier has survived after being poisoned and buried alive — and he can thank the man who saw the ground wiggle.

Ethan came back to life on his third birthday after someone tried to kill him. He had a whole chain of saviors: the man who dug him up, the firefighters who rushed him off and a veterinarian who nursed him back to life.

Sabrina Zamora, president of an animal association in Charleville-Mezieres, 200 kilometers (125 miles) northeast of Paris, said Friday the little white dog with a black ear was "flat as a pancake" when he was dug up from his grave Tuesday near a lakeside pedestrian path....

2b0fecbc7bde6f1d1e0f6a7067002f0e.jpg

That's one LUCKY DOG!!!! Thanks for sharing that story!

Awww...he's so cute....how could anyone do that to him....so glad he was rescued and is happy now!

They did not say who has the dog now. I hope he is in a good place!

A dog was poisoned and buried alive and it is "news to make you smile"???

Maybe if the culprit was buried alive (and not saved) it would make me smile but seriously...I just don't get it. Would "child beaten and buried alive -- rescued after hours in grave" be in this section? I think not.

There have been a couple of fairly local stories about dogs being poisoned (several of which died, some survived) and even the "survivor" stories didn't make me smile. Far from it.

Maybe if the culprit was buried alive (and not saved) it would make me smile but seriously...I just don't get it. Would "child beaten and buried alive -- rescued after hours in grave" be in this section? I think not.

There have been a couple of fairly local stories about dogs being poisoned (several of which died, some survived) and even the "survivor" stories didn't make me smile. Far from it.

I have to agree wholeheartedly. Otoh, I never would have clicked on it if it wasn't in the good news section since I seriously don't want to read about animal abuse that doesn't end on positive note.

I struggled with the idea of where to put this. B&O News didn't seem right. Up to the minute didn't seem right. The jury room didn't seem right. Crimes in the news didn't feel right. Since the dog lived I figured it would be news that makes you smile. They're also investigating the owner because the dog was chipped. So whoever did this is going to pay.

http://news.yahoo.com/french-dog-poisoned-buried-alive-survives-164820381.html

PARIS (AP) — A Jack Russell terrier has survived after being poisoned and buried alive — and he can thank the man who saw the ground wiggle.

Ethan came back to life on his third birthday after someone tried to kill him. He had a whole chain of saviors: the man who dug him up, the firefighters who rushed him off and a veterinarian who nursed him back to life.

Sabrina Zamora, president of an animal association in Charleville-Mezieres, 200 kilometers (125 miles) northeast of Paris, said Friday the little white dog with a black ear was "flat as a pancake" when he was dug up from his grave Tuesday near a lakeside pedestrian path....

2b0fecbc7bde6f1d1e0f6a7067002f0e.jpg

Thank you for sharing this. Thank God he survived!! If they catch the perv who did this, I hope he suffers the same fate!!

The dog is now in the care of an animal association Ligue Interet a la Societe et de l'Animal/L.I.S.A. The association's president, Sabrina Zamora, said the dog is now in foster care with Sylvie, a foster caregiver. Sylvie related that Ethan is recovering. "It's going very, very well. [He] is a little sad, I think [he] is a little lost." She believes he confused and is looking for his owner. But she added that Ethan is eating well, is always by her feet and getting along with the three other dogs in her home.

http://www.dogheirs.com/elleng/post...vivor-man-saves-dog-poisoned-and-buried-alive

I saw this story to and was going to post it-but I didn't know where to put either-so I did not post it-but I thought of this section first to-it made me smile to know he lived!!

I also wouldn't have read this if it hadn't been in the News that Makes you Smile section. I'm so glad Ethan survived. I somehow get the feeling that maybe the owner had something to do with this.

Don't let my Dax know but this little guy is just as cute as he is. .. and my Dax is CUTE!!

I hope Ethan has a very happy uneventful long life with someone that loves him and will protect him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back