GUILTY OR - Whitney Heichel, 21, Gresham, 16 Oct 2012 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knox

Reaction score
Missing woman's SUV found with busted window

GRESHAM, Ore. - A 21-year-old Gresham woman has disappeared under what police have labeled 'suspicious' circumstances.

Whitney Heichel did not show up to work Tuesday morning and her vehicle, a black 1999 Ford Explorer (pictured in the photo gallery), was later found abandoned in the parking lot of the Wood Village WalMart at 23500 N.E. Sandy Boulevard.

The vehicle's window was shattered and it appeared as if someone had rummaged around inside.

Gresham police are looking for leads in the case. At this point, investigators do not know if Heichel left of her own accord and is simply unaccounted for, or if she was a victim of foul play.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/Gresham-woman-Whitney-Heichel-missing-174489061.html

thread #1
thread #2

Scanner thread

No more discussion about religion. This is not a forum for religious debating. I just posted this same warning about 3 days ago.

End it now. Thank you!

Rest in peace Whitney. And may her family and friends find solace in whatever way they feel is best. My heart breaks for all of them.

I keep asking, "why??" as if I can make sense of something so senseless!! Whitney was a beautiful soul and my heart aches for her family. I can only hope her family will find comfort in each other.

I was really hoping I'd wake up to good news. I feel so horrible for beautiful Whitney. She appeared to have such a wonderful personality, full of love and happiness, I can't believe this has happened, was really hoping for a more positive outcome. My heart breaks for her family, how devastating to have to go through this. She was such a young woman too, with a whole life ahead of her. As for JH, I hope he rots. There is no excuse for doing what he did, none whatsoever. I often wonder what makes one person think they have the right to end another persons life? I will never understand it. It sickens me and I hope this SOB gets whats comin to him.

This morning's Oregonian has Whitney's photo in the teaser banner at the top of the front page, and the article on the first page of the Metro section includes Whitney's photo and a photo of the presser, with a photo of a sheriff's deputy on the back page where the story continues. No photo of JH. My pragmatic guess is that they just had to go to press before the mug shot was available, but it feels right not to see his face in the paper today.

I'm so sad to see your life ended in such a horrible way. Rest in peace sweet girl.

Not going to discuss religion---but I am thankful that some websleuth members who are of Whitney's faith are describing their beliefs. i for one am so worried for her husband and family that these explanations have given me some comfort. This case just "sucks" and asI sit here sobbing this has help me.

Hope LE tells the media about why, how, and what happened - it might prove useful in preventing something like this in the future. There are usually signs that go ignored/not reported/not acted upon before something tragically happens in many of these sad cases - then in hindsight their significance is realized.
Life is so precious, so fragile - best I not say what I feel about anyone who harms or takes it from another!

LE did a great job on this!

So sad. Another beautiful girl taken. :furious: Why Why Why :furious:

RIP Whitney
:rose::rose::rose:

Hope LE tells the media about why, how, and what happened - it might prove useful in preventing something like this in the future. There are usually signs that go ignored/not reported/not acted upon before something tragically happens in many of these sad cases - then in hindsight their significance is realized.
Life is so precious, so fragile - best I not say what I feel about anyone who harms or takes it from another!

LE did a great job on this!

I agree that any prior behaviors of JDH that may now be seen as red flags may help us in future cases... And in the lives of those around us.

Not sure what happened to the MySpace posted, but that IS JH and his wife. They've been together since at least 2006.

Not sure what happened to the MySpace posted, but that IS JH and his wife. They've been together since at least 2006.

Wow, I can't imagine what she must be feeling/going through right now. IMO, she's a victim too.

Wow, I can't imagine what she must be feeling/going through right now. IMO, she's a victim too.

Yes, as far as we know, she is a victim. So sad for her also. I still can't help but wonder if that really was Whitney in the vehicle at the Shell. Not sure if that has been cleared up yet and maybe I missed it. With no other arrests yet, I guess we have to assume he acted alone.

Finally Located a little infro from Twitter.Neighbors told a reporter Johnathan had only lived
in the apt a few months near Whitney ‏@KateCagle

warning: Bringing sosue's post over. Please, please follow this - we do not want innocent people named on our boards.

folks, please do not post links to public records and/or social media sites and ask if it is the perp. It is up to you to determine 100% if it is the correct individual before posting. This perp has a fairly common name, so please be careful when assuming your find is the same as the individual arrested.

Please post responsibily. We don't want links to information of innocent people on our site.

Thank you.

Do you mean facebook? It was closed. I would assume by Holts wife/GF. The myspace pic i saw was just 2 guys and a No No post.

Yes, as far as we know, she is a victim. So sad for her also. I still can't help but wonder if that really was Whitney in the vehicle at the Shell. Not sure if that has been cleared up yet and maybe I missed it. With no other arrests yet, I guess we have to assume he acted alone.

Agree. I wonder if they had any Children. At this point I hope not (Holt) I have read no clarification on the other gas station sighting. Then again i rely least on any eye witness accounts in most crimes. Especially a place with continual customers. Not always what they think they saw.

Granted you can't *really* tell from photos, but the perp looks kind of "simple" to me. Especially in that photo that was up on Facebook, with his wife. Someone mentioned Lennie from Mice and Men in the other thread and that really clicked for me. It just looks like he's "not all there"--maybe not even anything that a doctor could diagnose, just someone who doesn't get things as well or quickly as most. That could explain the sloppy nature of the crime and coverup, and the fact that he willingly went with LE three times and gave DNA.

I wonder if he was obsessed with Whitney and read mutuality into her kindness and courtesy, if perhaps the subtleties of tone and body language mostly escape him. He might not have intended to harm her at first, but panicked when she didn't react the way he thought she would to his advances.

I just hope he doesn't have some kind of condition a defense attorney can milk for sympathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell