AGE AT TIME OF DISAPPEARANCE: 38 YEARS OLD
EYES: GREEN
HAIR: BLONDE
WEIGHT: 125 LBS
HEIGHT: 5’ 2”
RACE: WHITE FEMALE
LAST SEEN AT THE WASHRACK IN NATIONAL CITY, IL
MISSING ONE TOOTH ON THE LEFT SIDE

LAST PERSON SEEN WITH HER: CARLIE CARR (ALIAS)
HE WEIGHED APPROX. 300 LBS. IN 1990
HEIGHT: 6’ 2”
RACE: BLACK MALE
LAST KNOWN ADDRESS: FAIRMONT INN IN FAIRMONT CITY, IL
THEY WERE KNOWN TO FREQUENT THE GOOSE HILL AREA IN E. ST. LOUIS, IL

CONTACT INFORMATION
Detective Ellis - 618-781-3786
Detective Dept. - 618-482-6721
East St. Louis PD - 618-482-6767

*Cynthia Day mailer, pls send to all on your list, and thanks*

Please help these girls find their mother, Cynthia

Dear friends,

Your help is needed in circulating the case of missing Cynthia Day of East St. Louis, Illinois. Cynthia was last seen in East St. Louis on August 10, 1990 and has not been heard from since. Her daughters miss her and need to know what happened to their precious mother.

Things you can do to help

Go to Cynthia's web site, http://findcynthia.com and familiarize yourself with her case. Look closely at her photographs. Do you think you recognize Cynthia? If so, please contact the East St. Louis PD at (618) 482-6724 or (618) 482-6767 or (618) 781-7934 right away.

Download Cynthia's flyer from http://findcynthia.com/flyers.htm and post in local businesses and anywhere you deem appropriate.

Sign Cynthia's guest book lovingly being kept for her family and the grandchildren she's never met at http://www.findcynthia.com/day/

A kind word goes a long way in the family so torn by not knowing.

If you have a web site, please link Cynthia and notify either me, Lanie at HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com or notify Kelly at Kelly.Jolkowski@projectjason.org and we will forward that to the family.

Last, but not least, pray for Cynthia and that she is found and soon. Pray for the daughters who miss her so much, that they have the strength to keep searching.

Please copy this text to a word document and send to all on your list BCC (to protect your list from SPAM). You never know, the mailer you forward might be the one that brings Cynthia home again.

Thank you all for reading this and for caring for the missing. It's your participation that makes these mailers a huge success. Please let me know how I can pray for you and your family.

With love and HOPE, Lanie
Help For The Missing
HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com

Cynthia's story is featured today on the Project Jason-Voice for the Missing blog.

It is entitled “Ten Seconds for Mom”, and tells the story of two left behind teenage girls, and how they came to find the inner strength to continue the long journey without her.

http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

Be sure to help out the families of the missing by telling others about the blog. This is just another way we can reach out and let the faces of the missing be seen. We welcome appropriate website links. Other ideas are posting the blog link on other forums you frequent, and sending it out to your friends and family via email.

Thank you for helping us to help others.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
http://www.projectjason.org
Read our Voice for the Missing Blog
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

Happy 53rd Birthday, Cynthia.

Your entire family is thinking of you today, as always, and wishing you were there.

There is so little information on this case.

When and Where was Cynthia last seen? (I know, East St Louis, but more information please?

What have the East St Louis PD found out? What is the name (or initials) of boyfriend that is supposed to have her stuff? Is he still around, or has he left the area?

I am local and would like to help but it seems a little more info would help?

was I was reading something unrelated (maybe, maybe not) and got a weird idea about this case. But I need a little more info to tell if my idea is off the wall or not.

Cynthia was last seen in National City, IL at a laundromat called the Washrack. Her former boyfriend is in prison in another state. LE is very well aware of him. He used an alias. I do not know his real name.

Kelly said:
Cynthia was last seen in National City, IL at a laundromat called the Washrack. Her former boyfriend is in prison in another state. LE is very well aware of him. He used an alias. I do not know his real name.
Are you sure he is still in prison? Can you PM the alias if you don't want to post it?

I am not 100% sure he is still in prison, but that was the last word from the family. If he was released, and they knew about it, I am sure they would tell me. I cannot release other details either privately or publicly.

Okay, thanks, I guess. I live in the area and you know I don't think I have ever seen anything about Cynthia in the local media. No information or details kind of makes this difficult. One question - why if she was last seen in National City (which has it's own PD last time I checked, albeit a very small one) is the East St. Louis PD handling the case? Why not NC or the county? Did she actually live in ESL and was reported missing there for that reason and someone said they saw her in NC?

I have heard of victims, etc. often not knowing when someone was released from prison. Wrong, but, it happens.

What are the circumstances of the last sighting of her? Do you know if she went by Cindy? Did she use any other names than Cynthia Day? If you are in contact with any one from the family can you ask them to come to this board?

Women seek mother missing 16 years

EAST ST. LOUIS

Police are seeking the help of the public to find a mother who has been missing for 16 years.

The woman, Cynthia Day, was living at 206 Bowman Avenue in East St. Louis at the time of her disappearance, according to police. She was 38, about 5 feet 2 inches, 125 pounds, had blond hair and went by the nickname "Peaches." She had a hysterectomy scar, pierced ears and a missing eyetooth on the left side.

Day's daughter, Melody Day of Dupo, said she and her sister, Kimberly Day of Cahokia, reported their mother missing on Aug. 12, 1990. They heard nothing from the police after the initial report, they said.

Stewart said Cynthia Day's old boyfriend probably needs to be interviewed again. But, he said, his department lacks the staff and the resources to properly investigate Day's disappearance.

He said the Illinois State Police has an investigator assigned to cold cases and the resources to investigate Day's disappearance. Some information on the case already has been forwarded to the State Police.

Greg Fernandez, a State Police spokesman, said late Wednesday that the case would be looked at - if there are leads worth pursuing.

More: http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/metroeast/story/25337F6B2BAC4885862571D4001F9D9E?OpenDocument

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1487dfil.html

Cynthia Louise Day
Missing since August 10, 1990 from National City, St. Clair County, Illinois.
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: November 11, 1952
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 38 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 125 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blue eyes; blonde hair.
•Marks, Scars: She has no tattoos. Has one pierced hole in each ear. She has a scar from a hysterectomy; a previously fractured pelvic bone and a scar above her lip.
•Dentals: Available. Missing left canine tooth on the left side.
•Nickname: Peaches

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Day was last seen at the washrack in National City, Illinois on August 10, 1990.
The first missing persons report was made on August 12, 1990, but the police department files do not show a report so another one was filed in March 2004.
Day was last seen getting into a semi on First Street and St. Clair Avenue in East St. Louis.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=65392001336

Cynthia is loved and very much missed. She has been missing 20 years today.

Come home soon.

Attachments

• day_cynthia6.jpg
    day_cynthia6.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 17
  • day_cynthia5.jpg
    day_cynthia5.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 16
  • cynthia53.jpg
    cynthia53.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 16
The Day family has been waiting for nearly 2 years now. SMH We will continue to wait no matter how long it may take. :(

Last I heard from Cynthia's daughter, they are still waiting for the results from the DNA. When the possible match was first made in 2010, they didn't extract enough DNA from the UID. Now they have tried again and they told them it could take up to 6 months. (I know it's been a few months already). This family has hit every bump in the road to be able to get a positive ID. They need closure and if this UID is Cynthia, they want her to be finally laid to rest in peace.

Last I heard from Cynthia's daughter, they are still waiting for the results from the DNA. When the possible match was first made in 2010, they didn't extract enough DNA from the UID. Now they have tried again and they told them it could take up to 6 months. (I know it's been a few months already). This family has hit every bump in the road to be able to get a positive ID. They need closure and if this UID is Cynthia, they want her to be finally laid to rest in peace.

Oh My! They surely are putting her family through it. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

Oh My! They surely are putting her family through it. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

I messaged Cynthia's daughter last week after I saw your post and she has heard NOTHING else!! Go figure! This poor family! It seems like it is one roadblock after another.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back