GUILTY LA - Jeffrey Reynolds cut fetus from wife's womb, baby died, Walker, 23 Oct 2012

GetSmart

Reaction score
http://theadvocate.com/home/4225069-125/pregnant-woman-stabbed-in-walker

Pregnant woman stabbed; fetus killed

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls
Show caption BY Bob Anderson
Florida Parishes bureau
October 23, 2012

4 Comments

WALKER — Deputies arrested a man after he allegedly cut a fetus from his 28-year-old pregnant wife’s abdomen, Livingston Parish authorities confirmed Tuesday afternoon.
The unborn child died, but hospital personnel stabilized the woman’s condition, Sheriff Jason Ard said.
Neighbor Julie Collins, who is an emergency room nurse, said she and paramedics aided the woman at the scene, where she heard the victim’s husband say he had ingested bath salts.
Bath salts a type of synthetic drugs banned a year ago by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration.
The effects of bath salts on users may resemble those of LSD, cocaine and methamphetamines, according to reports.
Ard said that while using bath salts may cause erratic behavior, drug testing would have to determine what might have been in the system of suspect Jeffery Reynolds when he attacked his pregnant wife.
Collins said Reynolds is normally a nice man, but he was “howling like a wolf,” after law enforcement officers restrained him.
She said the fetus appeared to have been stabbed in the head.

More at link.

This is so upsetting ..My heart is sad..

Very sad :(. Looks like the mother tried defending herself and the baby he has marks on the forhead and a blackeye.

aww this is terrible! :( Prayers for her family and friends.

The rapid rise of bath-salt related horrors are troublesome indeed. A precious baby lost :-(

My heart aches. My thoughts and prayers are with the family of this little angel. RIP little one.

Seriously, if anyone I know ever gets into that stuff, I will have no further contact with them. You never know what they'll do, but it's always bad!

Very sad :(. Looks like the mother tried defending herself and the baby he has marks on the forhead and a blackeye.

Police had to subdue him. So he probably has his black eye courtesy to them.

They cremated the fetus before autopsy?
Any chances of charging this guy with murder are now gone!
If fetus was able to breathe on his own, this guy could have been charged with murder.
It's outrageous.

What a horrible, horrible thing. Thank goodness the older child was at school. Who knows what the guy might have done to him as well.

Praying mom pulls through okay.

They cremated the fetus before autopsy?
Any chances of charging this guy with murder are now gone!
If fetus was able to breathe on his own, this guy could have been charged with murder.
It's outrageous.

This is the most lame thing thing I have ever heard ....I hope the person who did this loses their job ..:banghead:

There's still a chance that somebody can testify to hearing the child cry.

The research I've done on this drug and its effects is -- well, terrifying.

This is not a 'recreational' drug. Manufacturing this is something akin to terrorism. The implications for the future are frightening, considering this drug is untraceable, results in violent psychoses, is cheap and highly addictive.

Makes me wonder how many violent, senseless crimes are the result of people using it. One article I read said the only way you can prove somebody took this drug is if they admit to it, as its such a cocktail of chemicals.

ETA: Oh - and it's LEGAL in some places. LEGAL. Think about that. People can legally buy and make this stuff.

from the article linked below (WARNING: the video link on that article is incredibly graphic, and depicts a recent attack made by a person on this drug, where he chewed off another man's face.. )

Article on 'bath salts'.

The drug remains legal in some states, although many others have taken steps to ban the substances.

But sometimes, when one chemical used in bath salts is banned, another chemical is substituted to skirt the law, said attorney Alex Manning.

"People are making this stuff out of household products, stuff that's in their kitchens," she said.

It can take "five or six grown men" to restrain a bath salts user, she said. "It's PCP on crack."

You know I'm starting to call BS on all this bath salt crap. Howling at the moon and walking around like a nutjob and then he murders a baby and probably intended to kill the woman.

What's to stop someone from doing some horrible crime like this after ingesting bath salts just to have it in their system?

If it was caused by the bath salts it wouldn't be a story here and there. There would be a lot more stories.

This is almost like premeditated murder with a nifty excuse. The same as the "tragic" oh whoops I left my sleeping baby in the car until they suffocated but I'm a grieving now because it was an accident.

I think I'm cynical today.

But there -are- a lot of stories.

Scroll down for a short list

I am not disagreeing that it might be an 'excuse', or a legal defense tactic. I can't say yea or nay, I don't have the man's medical report.

But the drug is also rampant, and very, very dangerous. This type of crime is not unusual at all for those taking it.

there are a few dozen stories of varying intensity.

Why would anyone want to take a drug that makes you act like that? I just don't get it. What a horrible, sad story.

Seriously, if anyone I know ever gets into that stuff, I will have no further contact with them. You never know what they'll do, but it's always bad!
Note: (This is my opinion solely and not that of WS or its sponsors)
If anyone you ever know to be doing this, they need your help, not repulsion. Immediately report this and meth use to police, as these drugs are demon like in how they posses the person who uses them. You may save their life and/or that of someone else. You will keep your community safer. Meth is a drug that messes with your internal chemical impulses(mutates DNA) and this is something that the public is not educated about. It takes 7 years or longer for the DNA to repair itself after meth use.WHo knows how long after bath salt use that it takes for your DNA to repair itself. Who knows what it does to those chemical impulses, but obviously it is not good by any means and should not be a curriosity to anyone seeking to get high. Bath salts seem way over the edge of the euphoric drug groups and in my opinion is a 'demon' drug.
BathSalts, well, I am not sure yet what they know of this stuff on a large scale, but as you recall the zombie face eater and other horrible stories with this drug (packaged under the idea it is something rather than what it is), you have to wonder why the makers of this wicked drug have not been investigated and charged accordingly. Obviously, the product is not what they say it is. It is flawed by all means and it is deceptive to hide a dangerous drug under the sheild of a botique product liscense(MHO). Someday I hope that laws are made against these types of drugs which alter the reality of the consumer (one way or the other).
They(makers/producers of bath salts/Metamphetamines) should get conspiracy,accomplice to murder, all the good stuff a true criminal killer gets attached to him/her when they are involved with commiting/attributing to murder and having been a culprit to death. Bath salt makers should be considered alchemists as well, just like the Meth lab scientist.
This crime is horrible to say the least.
Whats also is sad, is that this guy also has his whole life ahead of him ruined by this devil drug which he may have just tested for the first time, or started as a recreational habit, who knows, but it is his worst nightmare come true.He loses a wife,a child and goes to prison(and possibly gets executed)
I am not aware of statistics or research of the frequency of murders commited when the killer was found using this drug, but , I am sure it s not a coincidence that these types of crimes are commited often by perps under the use of this drug disguised as something else- bath salts. It is a product (with a deceptive packaging scheme) which tends to lend to some creepy types of crime like we have never seen before. I am sure a first time user could go whack and kill the folks and munch on their faces, wouldn't you say from what we have heard about these salts so far? Keep the kids away from this crap.

It is my honest opinion that producers should be charged along side these culprits if it is their product which causes this effect and someone else commited crime from using these salts. Obiously its a bath salt(change some ingredients and ditch some liability). Who knows the long term effects when used properly, either. Maybe someday ma pulls out a hatchet and gets into the killing mood herself? Maybe she drowns the kids n the tub? I would hate to think what we will read next involving these bath salts and another innocent victim.
I hope more is done to remove that drug from this victimized community. Theres much the mourning community and yourself can do to make your city safer. Look for these things and report them to the police and to the media(local papers). Usually swift vigilance on behalf of concerned citizens can make a difference.
God Bless our victims to the Great Spirits care, and may God comfort the families and friends who suffered this loss. The Almighty Reedemer has our loved ones in his wing and his eye is on the cast of killers and sponsors of death who made this happen.
Report the use of bath salts, right away. It may save your life, or that of someone in your city or town. I am not aware of interventions where the user was on bath salts, but am sure they are becoming more frequent and one should not hesitate to aid a user right away by caring enough to dial 911. Again, this is solely my opinion and not a repremand to the quote. Be Safe- Be Strong-Be Alert. I CARE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back