GUILTY TX - Jelena Sriraman, 30, Tyler, 31 Oct 2012

hollye

Reaction score
DEVELOPING: Amber Alert issued in fatal shooting

kidmissing.jpg

Shortly after noon, Tyler Police Department officers were dispatched to the 3300 block of Bain Place near the intersection of Amherst Drive. When they arrived, they discovered a woman had been shot dead and Lucas Calvert, 4, of Tyler had been possibly kidnapped by his father, James W. Calvert, 42.

Authorities are searching for a 2004 Buick LeSabre with license plate DP4 G858. It is believed to be driven by the alleged abductor.

http://www.ketknbc.com/news/developing-amber-alert-issued-in-fatal-shooting

Another elementary age child has been placed in official custody from Andy Woods Elementary School.

Oh my....praying for this little one.

These poor children....they have no mom now. And not much of a dad either.

Boy, 4, missing following deadly Tyler shooting

Police have confirmed that Lucas Calvert, 4, is missing. He was last seen wearing gray sweat pants, a long-sleeved blue sweatshirt and brown sandals. He has silver caps on his front teeth.

Police say James Calvert may still be armed, and they urge anyone who sees the suspect vehicle to stay with it and call law enforcement.

According to police, the shooting occurred Wednesday afternoon near the intersection of South Bain Place and Amherst near Pollard Park.

James Calvert has been booked on three charges of violating a protective order since 2009. He was charged in 1999 with aggravated assault/family violence.

Acccording to Pastor Larry Craig of Southern Oaks Baptist Church, the victim was in her mid- to late-20s. The church owns the home where the shooting took place and was assisting her as she prepared to move out of town. She was staying in the mission house while she was going back to school.

Church members found the victim while they were preparing for a Fall block party. The victim worked in the church nursery.

http://www.ktre.com/story/19964939/shooting-near-pollard-park

Praying hard that this boy is found safe!

These poor children....they have no mom now. And not much of a dad either.

Hello Shefner (recognize from other other threads we talk in).

Yeah, it is so sad. What is with these people that think this is a solution to their issues. My goodness....nothing good can come about this.

If people would just think it through a little. Life on the constant run looking over their shoulders, kid with no mother, etc. etc.

Nothing good ever comes from something like this. I just dont understand how people can do such a thing.

I hope LE finds the boy soon as he will need some care. Someone on the run is not going to provide good care for this child. I am so glad an Amber alert was issued. Really glad they have developed that system.

Boy, 4, missing following deadly Tyler shooting

James Calvert has been booked on three charges of violating a protective order since 2009. He was charged in 1999 with aggravated assault/family violence.

Acccording to Pastor Larry Craig of Southern Oaks Baptist Church, the victim was in her mid- to late-20s. The church owns the home where the shooting took place and was assisting her as she prepared to move out of town. She was staying in the mission house while she was going back to school.

Church members found the victim while they were preparing for a Fall block party. The victim worked in the church nursery.

http://www.ktre.com/story/19964939/shooting-near-pollard-park

Praying hard that this boy is found safe!

Re: Red part bolded.......It seems this is another case where just as she was really getting to leave, the suspect decided to not let her go and take the boy.

People need better protection when the final steps of leaving are in place. So many examples of this sort of thing. Way too many.

Oh, my heart aches for this mother and little boy. She probably was so Relieved and looking forward to being free of this sorry excuse for a man...

Sending strength to little Lucase... Please let him be found soon! :rose:

(Hi there Hatfield!)

There must be another child in the family also since it is stated above that another child was placed in "official custody" from the elementary school.

I imagine this area didn't have a close domestic violence safehouse for women and children. If the mom contacted the church, they probably allowed her to live there until they could find her a place to live and connect her with work in another town.

Since he has been so violent and broken probation, why is this "man" out walking the streets? This is crazy. We all know that situations like this are just waiting to happen....

(Hi there Hatfield!)

There must be another child in the family also since it is stated above that another child was placed in "official custody" from the elementary school.

I imagine this area didn't have a close domestic violence safehouse for women and children. If the mom contacted the church, they probably allowed her to live there until they could find her a place to live and connect her with work in another town.

Since he has been so violent and broken probation, why is this "man" out walking the streets? This is crazy. We all know that situations like this are just waiting to happen....

Yeah, the church was just trying to help her. This creep sure sounds like a very dangerous person, and I too wonder why he was even out of jail. The article doesnt say when he was released, but in any event, I just wish the poor mother had more protection from this creep.

Its tough to be on guard 24 X 7, but it seems like she needed someone to watch her back at all times.

I dont have any answers, but one thing I would do in a similar situation is to leave the area immediately no matter what, and try to hide in another state altogether. I realize that is easier said than done, especially with no funds to support a move or anything, but it seems like when you have someone this dangerous, the best way would be to just move and hide in another state altogether and never announce you are leaving. Just immediately leave and never show signs of the plans to leave.

Just heard of way too many cases like this. I think he had too much of a chance to find her and know where she was at. It is so sad.

Yeah, the church was just trying to help her. This creep sure sounds like a very dangerous person, and I too wonder why he was even out of jail. The article doesnt say when he was released, but in any event, I just wish the poor mother had more protection from this creep.

Its tough to be on guard 24 X 7, but it seems like she needed someone to watch her back at all times.

I dont have any answers, but one thing I would do in a similar situation is to leave the area immediately no matter what, and try to hide in another state altogether. I realize that is easier said than done, especially with no funds to support a move or anything, but it seems like when you have someone this dangerous, the best way would be to just move and hide in another state altogether and never announce you are leaving. Just immediately leave and never show signs of the plans to leave.

Just heard of way too many cases like this. I think he had too much of a chance to find her and know where she was at. It is so sad.

Just from google...I'm finding she was a student at TJC...a very bright student! I'm so sorry to know she was working so hard to make a better future for her kiddo's and it all ended for her today. I'm so sorry for her lil' ones and I'm so angry that she and her children weren't protected from this monster.

Did he shoot her in the nursery of the church? It really isn't clear.

Even though cops are waiting around the house for the warrant to arrive, they do not see the dad's car or believe he is inside.

From reading comments at bottom of article, I get the impression it may have happened outside because a person indicated their friend may have seen the whole thing, which makes me think it may have been outside.

What I dont understand is why LE has to wait for a warrant. Surely, if they have reason to believe an armed dangerous person is inside, I think there are exceptions to needing a warrant.

Maybe they have the place surrounded, and just want to be sure they get a warrant to eliminate any possible way a lawyer could object to things. But it seems to me that if they need to find the boy, and they are waisting time waiting on a warrant, they could go right in now to check if he is there so then they could search other places if he is not there. I dont understand the waiting on the warrant thing at all.

Did he shoot her in the nursery of the church? It really isn't clear.

Even though cops are waiting around the house for the warrant to arrive, they do not see the dad's car or believe he is inside.

Reading the comments, it sounds like there was at least one witness to the murder/abduction. It happened on church property, perhaps just outside the building somewhere between the building and the parking lot. (My interpretation of the comments.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back