GUILTY Yoselyn Ortega charged with 2 counts ea-1st and 2nd Degree Murder of Krim Children

JBean

Retired WS Administrator
Reaction score
Continue here and keep this info in mind:

1.WS tries to respect the privacy of the victims.
2.WS tries not to give airtime via conversation or links to racist, agendized, or just plain trollish websites that only exist to create controversy.
3. The same rules apply throughout WS not just in the main forum. That means any of the private forums and even member profiles all abide by the same rules.
4.Blogs are not fact checked at all. Anyone can start a blog and post what they think. That is why we do not allow them as resources and have asked for them not to be posted.
5. Consequently, as unreliable as it may be at times- and we all know it is, MSM is our best source for now. Members should start with MSM and then be discriminating about what is contained in the articles and whether they are direct quotes or simply anonymously sourced.
6. WS is victim friendly. Under no circumstances are family members blamed directly or indirectly, particularly in a case like this where there is no justification under any scenario for one person to murder children.
7.Please avoid being confrontational and argumentative in posting. No need to agree but there are ways to debate fairly.

I encourage everyone to read the rules and etiquette because as you know, we really do moderate. Everyone's contributions are appreciated here, especially when it is done under the guidelines.
Thanks everyone.

thanks to blondie in spokane:

Marina Krim nanny case: Yoselyn Ortega charged in stabbing death of kids in NYC

snip

Police finally could interview 50-year-old Yoselyn Ortega as she continues to recover from self-inflicted stab wounds. They charged her in her hospital bed Saturday night with two counts each of first- and second-degree murder

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/natio...tega-charged-in-stabbing-death-of-kids-in-nyc

It's murder: Nanny charged in stabbing deaths of 2 kids
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...ny_charged_in_stabbing_TvHwpdsUldJp2d96eKX2EK

Ortega remains hospitalized under police guard.

Thanks to Native New Yorker:

The police said they had delayed charging Ms. Ortega for more than a week because she was intubated and unable to speak as doctors treated wounds she received when she stabbed herself in the throat and slashed her wrists.

Ms. Ortega talked with New York City detectives on Saturday afternoon from her bed at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, where she remains under police guard, Paul J. Browne, the chief police spokesman, said in a statement.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/04/nyregion/upper-west-side-nanny-is-charged-with-murder.html?_r=0

Well she's now been charged. That makes it official. Any doubts about her being the perp, the only perp, and being charged should melt away. She will never be a free woman again. She will never be able to hurt children again.

I think there could possibly be more charges coming at a later date, for example False Imprisonment, child abuse, etc. IMO the DA will attach as many charges to this case as possible. Will all charges have to go before a Grand Jury?

I was just about to PM the JBean with these articles when I saw this new thread. I haven't taken the time yet to read the articles posted here, so if my links repeat, I apologize.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-11-04/nanny-charged-with-murder-in-manhattan-child-killings

"Yoselyn Ortega, 50, was charged last night with two counts each of first-degree and second-degree murder for the Oct. 25 killings of the children, who were in her care. Lucia Krim, 6, and Leo Krim, 2, were killed in the bathroom of their parents’ apartment on West 75th Street, New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne said in an e-mailed statement."

And, this AP article from Huffington Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...1/04/yoselyn-ortega-charged-wi_n_2072357.html

I would imagine that the family would have a very private memorial in California, where all their family lives. I hope they can keep it private.

Nice if the residents of the building in NYC also do something, on their own, to give them some closure....

When we lived in a similar pre war building ( West 87th street, had a courtyard, tile floored lobby, many actors lived there, opera singers, etc. ) we were only on a nodding acquaintance with our neighbors. I am sure that is true in most buildings in NYC, and other large cities.

I do not know how this family will move forward, and I would not blame them for wanting to leave NYC forever, to try and put this behind them.....

I would imagine that the family would have a very private memorial in California, where all their family lives. I hope they can keep it private.

Nice if the residents of the building in NYC also do something, on their own, to give them some closure....

When we lived in a similar pre war building ( West 87th street, had a courtyard, tile floored lobby, many actors lived there, opera singers, etc. ) we were only on a nodding acquaintance with our neighbors. I am sure that is true in most buildings in NYC, and other large cities.

I do not know how this family will move forward, and I would not blame them for wanting to leave NYC forever, to try and put this behind them.....

I agree. Vigil at the school where she worked once a wk. And funeral/burial in CA.
Family and friends are in CA

I feel sorry for J<remove full name> Ortega. At age 17 this will have a lasting impact on his life. I hope his school is there to support and comfort him, plus get him some professional counseling.

I wonder how quickly we'll go to trial ... assuming she pleads NG..

article:

New York Post

"Nanny Rage Before Kid Slayings"

November, 2, 2012

In my own words... It seems the Krimms offered to pay the nanny for housework she would do for them...to help her out financially...

but this enraged her...

It also seems that the Krimms had told the nanny that she needed to give a better performance, or they would have to let her go...

JMO

I wonder how quickly we'll go to trial ... assuming she pleads NG..

Like all defense attorneys, I am sure hers will drag it out and try to get it moved to another county…blah, blah, blah...:furious:

I feel sorry for J<remove full name> Ortega. At age 17 this will have a lasting impact on his life. I hope his school is there to support and comfort him, plus get him some professional counseling.

Yes very sad for her son. So many lives ruined : (
Perhaps he will move to DM and have family,love and support there?
I truly feel for him, imagine living with what his mother has done.
I don't know what I would do in his position. If they had a close relationship he would be heartbroken.

Some news reports quoted her sister as saying Ortega had an accounting degree. I wonder why she lost her first accounting job and then did not try to get another? She also seems to have gotten into trouble trying to sell jewelry. I have had friends with these types of businesses. In every case the customer pays BEFORE you order. Surely an " accountant" would not risk money buying jewelry without orders.

Ortega had a loving extended family, which is a "luxury" that many do not. They were willing to take her and her son in, when her sublet reverted to the orginal tenant.

I do think that if reports are true and her inital comments were complaints about HER mistreatments after she had slaughtered two babies, this was no "snap"...this was a jealous, vicious killer who deserves no pity or empathy at all.

I have no sympathy at all for this woman.

That's why these crimes are so much more than just hurting one family. The pain reverberates out and affects many more people. Family, extended family, friends, colleagues, on all sides. Ms. Ortega's family has to be devastated. Who could ever hear of this situation and not be sad? Then learning a family member did such a heinous act and against the most innocent of victims--victims you met and bonded with? Just awful. And on top of that you're forever tied to the person who did that terrible deed, even though you yourself did nothing to hurt anyone. You're a(nother) victim of the perp's senseless crime.

Feeling "rage" and "anger" are perfectly normal emotions, but the resulting actions not only didn't help the nanny or her family, but it just created a world of hurt for so many that can never be undone.

There is already a FB page asking for funds and support of the nanny. it reads the funds are for her "legal team."

If I cannot post the above, mods please delete. Thanks for correcting the son's full name.

I have no sympathy at all for this woman either. None at all.

I am not of the opionion (yet anyway) that this was pre meditated.
She did have other jobs so I am unsure why she became a nanny.

She only had one child, a mostly grown one.

In my opinion raising one child is very different than raising 3.

I think it was all too much for her. She felt she needed the job so she stayed but hated the job. Snap, her brain snapped out of stress and anger of doing something she felt she HAD To rather than something she enjoyed.

The question is though why was she so broke. I can't imagine the Krims not paying her well enough. There were others contributing to rent and utilities in the home she shared. If <modsnip> was not working, why? I worked from the age of 15. Surely he would work to support himself?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcerPacer
Back