807 users online (181 members and 626 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Yoselyn Ortega charged with 2 counts ea-1st and 2nd Degree Murder of Krim Children

Continue here and keep this info in mind:

1.WS tries to respect the privacy of the victims.
    2.WS tries not to give airtime via conversation or links to racist, agendized, or just plain trollish websites that only exist to create controversy.
    3. The same rules apply throughout WS not just in the main forum. That means any of the private forums and even member profiles all abide by the same rules.
    4.Blogs are not fact checked at all. Anyone can start a blog and post what they think. That is why we do not allow them as resources and have asked for them not to be posted.
    5. Consequently, as unreliable as it may be at times- and we all know it is, MSM is our best source for now. Members should start with MSM and then be discriminating about what is contained in the articles and whether they are direct quotes or simply anonymously sourced.
    6. WS is victim friendly. Under no circumstances are family members blamed directly or indirectly, particularly in a case like this where there is no justification under any scenario for one person to murder children.
    7.Please avoid being confrontational and argumentative in posting. No need to agree but there are ways to debate fairly.

I encourage everyone to read the rules and etiquette because as you know, we really do moderate. Everyone's contributions are appreciated here, especially when it is done under the guidelines.
    Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 03-10-2018 at 11:05 PM. Reason: broken link

thanks to blondie in spokane:

Marina Krim nanny case: Yoselyn Ortega charged in stabbing death of kids in NYC

snip

Police finally could interview 50-year-old Yoselyn Ortega as she continues to recover from self-inflicted stab wounds. They charged her in her hospital bed Saturday night with two counts each of first- and second-degree murder

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/nation...of-kids-in-nyc

It's murder: Nanny charged in stabbing deaths of 2 kids
    http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/m...ldJp2d96eKX2EK

Ortega remains hospitalized under police guard.

Thanks to hickory born:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-11-0...ildren/4352096
    "No longer intubated and recuperating from what appeared to be wounds she inflicted on herself at the crime scene, Ortega agreed to talk to New York City detectives this afternoon," deputy police commissioner Paul Browne said in a statement.

"After the interview, at 6:06 pm today, Ortega was formally arrested and charged with murdering both children."

Thanks to Native New Yorker:

The police said they had delayed charging Ms. Ortega for more than a week because she was intubated and unable to speak as doctors treated wounds she received when she stabbed herself in the throat and slashed her wrists.

Ms. Ortega talked with New York City detectives on Saturday afternoon from her bed at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center, where she remains under police guard, Paul J. Browne, the chief police spokesman, said in a statement.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/04/ny...rder.html?_r=0

Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Well she's now been charged. That makes it official. Any doubts about her being the perp, the only perp, and being charged should melt away. She will never be a free woman again. She will never be able to hurt children again.

1st Degree Murder in New York:

http://law.onecle.com/new-york/penal...27_125.27.html

2nd Degree Murder in New York:

http://law.onecle.com/new-york/penal...25_125.25.html

I will study these links after breakfast, but that doesn't mean I will be able to explain them...hee, hee.

please continue here.

I think there could possibly be more charges coming at a later date, for example False Imprisonment, child abuse, etc. IMO the DA will attach as many charges to this case as possible. Will all charges have to go before a Grand Jury?

I was just about to PM the JBean with these articles when I saw this new thread. I haven't taken the time yet to read the articles posted here, so if my links repeat, I apologize.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...child-killings

"Yoselyn Ortega, 50, was charged last night with two counts each of first-degree and second-degree murder for the Oct. 25 killings of the children, who were in her care. Lucia Krim, 6, and Leo Krim, 2, were killed in the bathroom of their parents’ apartment on West 75th Street, New York Police Department spokesman Paul Browne said in an e-mailed statement."

And, this AP article from Huffington Post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2072357.html

More on the case

I would imagine that the family would have a very private memorial in California, where all their family lives. I hope they can keep it private.

Nice if the residents of the building in NYC also do something, on their own, to give them some closure....

When we lived in a similar pre war building ( West 87th street, had a courtyard, tile floored lobby, many actors lived there, opera singers, etc. ) we were only on a nodding acquaintance with our neighbors. I am sure that is true in most buildings in NYC, and other large cities.

I do not know how this family will move forward, and I would not blame them for wanting to leave NYC forever, to try and put this behind them.....

Quote Originally Posted by Native New Yorker View Post
    I would imagine that the family would have a very private memorial in California, where all their family lives. I hope they can keep it private.

Nice if the residents of the building in NYC also do something, on their own, to give them some closure....

When we lived in a similar pre war building ( West 87th street, had a courtyard, tile floored lobby, many actors lived there, opera singers, etc. ) we were only on a nodding acquaintance with our neighbors. I am sure that is true in most buildings in NYC, and other large cities.

I do not know how this family will move forward, and I would not blame them for wanting to leave NYC forever, to try and put this behind them.....
    I agree. Vigil at the school where she worked once a wk. And funeral/burial in CA.
    Family and friends are in CA

I feel sorry for J<remove full name> Ortega. At age 17 this will have a lasting impact on his life. I hope his school is there to support and comfort him, plus get him some professional counseling.
    Last edited by JBean; 11-04-2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: let's leave minor full names off board. thank you very much

I wonder how quickly we'll go to trial ... assuming she pleads NG..

article:

New York Post

"Nanny Rage Before Kid Slayings"

November, 2, 2012

In my own words... It seems the Krimms offered to pay the nanny for housework she would do for them...to help her out financially...

but this enraged her...

It also seems that the Krimms had told the nanny that she needed to give a better performance, or they would have to let her go...

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCharm View Post
    I wonder how quickly we'll go to trial ... assuming she pleads NG..
    Like all defense attorneys, I am sure hers will drag it out and try to get it moved to another county…blah, blah, blah...

Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast