UK - Meanest moggy in Britain? Oscar 'the ASBO cat' alleged to hold village in fear

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Is this Britain's meanest moggy? Oscar the 'ASBO cat' who
terrorises the village and put retired colonel in hospital for six days

When Oscar the cat went missing, offers from neighbours to help look for him were few and far between.

Instead, the atmosphere near his home was one of distinct relief.

For the residents of Wingrave, Buckinghamshire, thought they had at last seen the rather aggressive back of the five-year-old Turkish Van they nicknamed ‘Asbo cat’.
---
Oscar is said to have terrorised the area, attacking dogs and residents. One victim, retired lieutenant colonel Tom Ridgway, 77, spent six days in hospital after Oscar mauled his right arm and sank his teeth into his left thumb all the way to the bone.

But to the regret of Mr Ridgway and his neighbours, Oscar, who vanished on October 17, is now back home – safe and sound.
---
Much more, with plenty of pictures of (the alleged) ASBO Cat and an "Oscar: the IKEA Days" video, at Daily Mail link above
(oh, and a very funny posed picture by a good-natured Col Ridgway too).

Wingrave: the village allegedly held in fear during King Oscar the Bad's malevolent reign (Wiki)

Finally, ASBO = Anti-Social Behaviour Order (Wiki also)

Garfield, is that you?

garfield-the-cat.jpg

Oscar - that apparent bad-assédness he allegedly has - reminds me of a neighbor cat in San Antonio, R., who ruled the whole street by fear alone.

R. rarely left his comfortable perch atop the porch swing across the street but his henchman - my cat Osbert - reported back to him regarding the goings-on.

R. was blind in one eye; though it was normal in appearance otherwise, the iris was jet black. His other eye was golden and it glowed.

Well, it seemed to glow. He was an all black moggy and, if one looked at him from the safety of the street, his right eye - especially in contrast to his left, from which no light emitted - seemed, cyclops-like, to glow.

Woe be it unto her or unto him upon which this single lamp might fix.

Fortunately for me, I was the only human he really liked. He stayed around across the street for food alone. But when he saw me outside, R. - who must have been at least fifteen years old - romped merrily across the street to play.

This baffled the hell out of the neighbors.

So I've a soft spot for the Oscars of this world. Unless, of course, they happen to bite me.

That is the best story, I've ever read from the Daily Fail, beats the usual crap they put out. :)

Hilarious story - thanks it gave me a smile - Oscar has character - indeed he does.

I like cats. But I do not like them when they jump on my back.

Gertrude Stein

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back