A Dream

princessmer81

Reaction score
Does anyone else have dreams about Jon Benet?

I had one for the first time last night. It is probably because I have been reading Steves book.
In my dream Jon Benet was in bed and she had blond hair but it was only chin length. I walked in the bed room and started walking towards her and she looked scared. A little white dog was in the room with her at it had a bandage over it's ear. She said "Oh no! stay away, stay away. I am being a good girl now." I said "I'm not going to hurt you." then she said "I was such a bad girl and mommy got so mad, she just couldn't help it." The whole time she seemed afraid.
That was all. When I woke up I was really upset.

Anyone else ever have dreams like this?

BrotherMoon said:
The dream is about you and/or your unconscious, not the Ramsey case.
I agree. I don't think that Jon Benet was "speaking to me from beyond the grave" or anything. I just wondered if anyone has dreams like this as a result of reading or thinking so much about the case.

When I got to work I remembered that a co-worker had shown me a picture last week of her black lab with a bandage on his ear - I am sure that is were the dog in the dream came from.

Your mind was just filing away the impressions you'd collected, like a defrag, sort of, I guess.

I'm an incredibly deep sleeper and I don't usually remember my dreams but I did have one - a few years ago which I can recall because I posted about it at the time.

I was in Charlevoix and I was walking along the sea front (I have no idea what Charlevoix actually looks like BTW). There were nice shops and then I bumped into Patsy ramsey and JonBenet. Patsy asked me if I'd like to go back to theirs for a coffee and I accepted. We walked along the shops until we came to a mall and then we went into the mall. The first shop on the left hand side sold haberdashery and I got excited by that :) However, we walked towards the back of the mall where there was a double door. We went through the door and there was a flight of stairs with Charles Rennie mackintosh style railings. Up the stairs and we came to a door which was their house. Inside was dark and Patsy said she'd go and put the kettle on. JonBenet asked me if I'd like to see her pageant costumes and I said yes. She took me into her bedroom and there was a free standing wardrobe with a box on top. She asked me to reach this own for her which I did. Then we took the box into another little bedroom where she opened it. The pageant costume was white - like a First Communion type dress. A phone was ringing and Patsy answered it. It was her mother. That's all I remember. Incidentally, the house that was the Ramsey house in my dream was a cross between my aunt's flat and my old dancing teacher's flat (a flat is an apartment here). The rooms were small and the internal doors had windows above them to let light into the hallway.

I'd be interested to have it interpreted.

I haven't had a JonBenet dream yet, but I do want to say dreams have more than one level/interpretation. BroMoon is on track with his post, but there is also the literal level to consider. Dreams are your inner self telling you things in story form to get you to pay attention, see what's being said and shown, and use the wise material to continue to grow and reach wholeness. Your inner self wants you to be complete. Have you ever had a dream, then the next night you had another one that was more colorful and insistent, then another one after a few days that became a bit scary, then another that was real scary? No, they aren't usually about the same things, but the group of dreams are trying to get you to know something. If you're dopey and don't try to understand, the inner self gets a little rough with you - thus the scary dream. I can't tell you how many times I've been lazy and didn't think about my dream only to be hit over the head with the next one. Then I'm in that "OK, I get it" mode.

Sorry, I know this isn't a psych thread in particular, but just thought I'd spew stuff. :blushing:

Jayelles said:
I'm an incredibly deep sleeper and I don't usually remember my dreams but I did have one - a few years ago which I can recall because I posted about it at the time.

I was in Charlevoix and I was walking along the sea front (I have no idea what Charlevoix actually looks like BTW). There were nice shops and then I bumped into Patsy ramsey and JonBenet. Patsy asked me if I'd like to go back to theirs for a coffee and I accepted. We walked along the shops until we came to a mall and then we went into the mall. The first shop on the left hand side sold haberdashery and I got excited by that :) However, we walked towards the back of the mall where there was a double door. We went through the door and there was a flight of stairs with Charles Rennie mackintosh style railings. Up the stairs and we came to a door which was their house. Inside was dark and Patsy said she'd go and put the kettle on. JonBenet asked me if I'd like to see her pageant costumes and I said yes. She took me into her bedroom and there was a free standing wardrobe with a box on top. She asked me to reach this own for her which I did. Then we took the box into another little bedroom where she opened it. The pageant costume was white - like a First Communion type dress. A phone was ringing and Patsy answered it. It was her mother. That's all I remember. Incidentally, the house that was the Ramsey house in my dream was a cross between my aunt's flat and my old dancing teacher's flat (a flat is an apartment here). The rooms were small and the internal doors had windows above them to let light into the hallway.

I'd be interested to have it interpreted.

Sea front is in between land and sea, symbolic of the ego between consciousness and the unconscious. The double female image of Patsy and Jonbenet refers to your shadow persona; a major and minor function of the psyche (we have four, and usually rely on one major and one secondary). Or this is adult and child archetypes. Your shadow invited you in to the unconscious. Left is the unconscious. Down is toward the instincts and energy, up is toward form and structure. Putting the kettle on is symbolic of libido potential; content coming form the unconscious. Clothes are the persona, social identity. White is purity, innocence, this is an image of the child archetype. The phone ring is a message from the unconscious, like from a bird or angel. Patsy gets the message from the archetypal mother while you get an image from the archetypal child.

If anyone wants to know more about dream symbols, a good beginning is in the THE HERDER DICTIONARY OF SYMBOLS and MAN AND HIS SYMBOLS, the latter being originally written by Carl G. Jung - edited by others. :cool:

The meaning of dream content can't be pinned down exactly, and an absolutist approach should be avoided. Dreams should be used as source material for amplification with a competent analyst. The dream can be used to study archetypal, personal and social material. Be careful when trying to draw conclusions about outer events from a dream. Think in terms of possibilities more than actualities. Final conclusions are drawn by a conscious moral personality, the interpretation is ours.

BrotherMoon said:
Sea front is in between land and sea, symbolic of the ego between consciusness and the unconscious. The double female image of Patsy and Jonbenet refers to your shadow persona; a major and minor function of the psyche (we have four, and usually rely on one major and one secondary). Or this is adult and child archetypes. Your shadow invited you in to the unconscious. Left is the unconscious. Down is toward the instincts and energy, up is toward form and structure. Putting the kettle on is symbolic of libido potential; content coming form the unconscious. Clothes are the persona, social identity. White is purity, innocence, this is an image of the child archetype. The phone ring is a message from the unconscious, like from a bird or angel. Patsy gets the message from the archetypal mother while you get an image from the archetypal child.
LOL. Never mind all this archetypal stuff - what does it mean in plain English?

When I returned from maternity leave I had a bit of a nightmare. I dreamt that my boss came to see me and informed me that I had to teach German to a junior class. I felt panic-stricken because I don't understand much German. In my dream I protested but my boss told me it would be OK - that I only needed to be "one lesson ahead" of the class I was teaching and so I could learn it as I was going along. So I prepared a lesson and when I went into the class to teach it - lo and behold instead of a normal sized class, there was an entire lecture theatre filled with all the pupils in our school. If that wasn't bad enough, I looked down to the left and there was a boy who spoke fluent german so I broke into a sweat because I knew that HE would know I was a fraud. My mouth opened and shut a few times as I braced myself to start this lesson when suddenly there was a shout from some pupils and it was one of my regular classes. They had found a baby owl underneath the desk. All of the pupils were so distracted by the baby owl that my skin was saved from giving the dreaded lesson!

This was such a vivid dream and I couldn't resist telling my class about it. They thought this was hilariously funny and after that I called them my baby owls. At the end of the year, they presented me with a little Beanie Baby owl :)

One day I got into conversation with a German teacher in the staff room and she told me that my dream represented my lack of confidence at returning to work after my maternity leave and that the baby owl was my baby daughter and that since it saved my bacon - it represented how much I appreciated having her! I don't know if this was a decent interpretation of the dream, but I kind of liked it anyway!

That interpretation goes a long way in the interpretation. Deal is, if you had those books I mentioned, you could see what the symbols in your dream might mean. You see, the baby owl, the assignment to teach a class about something you didn't know, the BOY who knew fluent german, the fact you spell german with a small g, the description of your mouth opening and shutting a few times, your pronouncement you knew the BOY was a fraud. These things are yield answers in symbology. Now, if you don't want to know anything about that, OK. Thing is, this symbology has been around since folks appeared on this earth. It is very meaningful. I think of it as the basic language that talks to me from the first person on this earth. This language describes primitive things, but those are the very things that can and will always influence who I am and what I understand about living. Older people seem to get this sooner than the young...probably because the older generation isn't so busy with the present and can allow reflection and deep introspection. I guess I should send you a private message and tell you more about your dream. Not tonight, though. Or perhaps BroMoon will. He's good for it. :)

Jayelles said:
LOL. Never mind all this archetypal stuff - what does it mean in plain English?

The first dream means you can be informed by your inferior side.

The owl can see in the dark. The dark side ain't all bad.

We have anxiety about judgement, if we are moral (the boy who knew German).

gaia said:
That interpretation goes a long way in the interpretation. Deal is, if you had those books I mentioned, you could see what the symbols in your dream might mean. You see, the baby owl, the assignment to teach a class about something you didn't know, the BOY who knew fluent german, the fact you spell german with a small g, the description of your mouth opening and shutting a few times, your pronouncement you knew the BOY was a fraud. These things are yield answers in symbology. Now, if you don't want to know anything about that, OK. Thing is, this symbology has been around since folks appeared on this earth. It is very meaningful. I think of it as the basic language that talks to me from the first person on this earth. This language describes primitive things, but those are the very things that can and will always influence who I am and what I understand about living. Older people seem to get this sooner than the young...probably because the older generation isn't so busy with the present and can allow reflection and deep introspection. I guess I should send you a private message and tell you more about your dream. Not tonight, though. Or perhaps BroMoon will. He's good for it. :)
Just a couple of points - I often don't capitalise proper nouns. It's a typo. I type very quickly and frequently take my finger off the shift key too quickly. I notice the errors but don't correct them because typos aren't a big deal to me.

Secondly - it was the boy who spoke fluent German who was going to know that I was the fraud - not me thinking that the boy was a fraud.

BrotherMoon said:
The first dream means you can be informed by your inferior side.

The owl can see in the dark. The dark side ain't all bad.

We have anxiety about judgement, if we are moral (the boy who knew German).
Inferior side? OK, I'm a left-side of brain person - good at maths, logical and practical. I am not creative and I lack imagination - these are the right side of the brain characteristics. I long to be creative but it's just not there. I cheat on the creative side by drawing from reality. My school essays were always factual. I can simulate creativity by copying, adapting or merging existing designs. I'm good at construction - but not at design.

Is that what you mean by being informed by my inferior side?

Jayelles said:
Inferior side? OK, I'm a left-side of brain person - good at maths, logical and practical. I am not creative and I lack imagination - these are the right side of the brain characteristics. I long to be creative but it's just not there. I cheat on the creative side by drawing from reality. My school essays were always factual. I can simulate creativity by copying, adapting or merging existing designs. I'm good at construction - but not at design.

Is that what you mean by being informed by my inferior side?

Not just that. It's more of a shadow thing, the unconscious side, the dark side, the repressed, forgotten or undiscovered side of your personality. This is a typical theme in the dreams and conscious concerns of adults that are entering middle age or advancing in maturity. You might want to read up on the Jungian shadow and temperament psychology. It sounds like you are an ISTJ or ESTJ, a thinking sensor. The creativity you long for would come through the inferior functions NF, intuitive feeling. "You" in terms of ego may not be creative, but you can participate with the creative process by dialoguing with the inner images.

Your shadow is willing to share, the Patsy image makes a warm drink and the JonBenet image shows you a communion image, again sharing. The youth images are symbolic of potential, the potential in the shadow. These are positive dreams. The authority anxiety dream is a reminder that there is an authority (God, nature, the unconscious) and we should know about that before we profess.

Dream interpretation isn't something a person decides to do one day and does it the next. That doesn't mean you can't get something from your dream almost immediately without benefit of psychoanalysis or reading lots of books. All that helps a lot, but the most important thing to remember is your dreams are yours. You are the most able to interpret and understand them. BroMoon goes by age-old symbols to see into your dreams. That's cool. He's on target as far as I can tell (as if that means anything). Deal is, with a little more knowledge about symbols, you can see into yourself far better than anyone else can. After all, your dreams are to assist you...not BroMoon or anyone else.

I must admit I've been in psychoanalysis for many years. After a six month hiatus, I decided to resume the therapy and had a telephone call session with my psychologist today. Deal is, I've been investigating all this for many, many years. Also, I have an afinity for psychology. No, I don't have a degree in the subject, but I think my life experience and intense investigation of it gives me some qualifications. I wouldn't presume to interpret your dreams. I can just tell you the subjects I mentioned in my post concerning your dream images were just a small part of the symbolism going on there. I didn't learn how to look at what I dreamt quickly or easily. I did, however, read a lot and try to remember to wake up (even if it's in the middle of the night), write what I could easily remember (key words) that could help me remember more later, or get up in the morning and write this down immediately, go back, write this stuff in more detail, get out my symbolism books, look at the whole thing after examining the basic symbols, and try to see what this dream might be telling me. It's like learning a foreign language - unfortunately. Our society doesn't work with this language very much except in the arts. Art is full of symbols - old ones repeating themselves over and over again. I'm a potter and I can't believe the symbols I carve into pots! They're often things I don't remember ever seeing before, yet when I go to a museum (British Museum is a good example) I'm overwhelmed how many times the things I put on or in pots have been around for thousands of years. Gotta be something going on there.

This isn't voodoo. It's quite legitimate. :blowkiss:

Soon after my long-awaited first child was born, I had a dream that I was in an elevator and had somehow lost her!

So I always interpreted that as meaning I had anxiety about her.

I'd take those symbols - first, child, elevator, lost and go from there. I think you are right, but there is more there. Dreams have so many layers. For instance, have you ever considered the idea YOU are the first child, you gave birth - so the first child might possibly be lost now because the little child in you has been replaced by the one you just gave birth to, lost might mean you might fear you couldn't ever access your little girl (which you still have and always will unless you turn your back on her), the elevator tells you perhaps that your inner little child isn't really lost - just become imbedded a little deeper in your subconscious - so don't forget her - she's there and needs to still be a part of you (even if you are now an adult mother), and now you can feel relieved and satisfied with your new little child as well as your own.

Now, that's not necessarily telling you anything except my own interpretation. See what I mean? If you know the symbols, you will surely see more important stuff for you. I don't even know you, so what do I know? All I know are some of the symbols. Yet, that dream seems clear to me. Who knows? Deal is, there is much more to us than the surface life. How could we think otherwise? We're part of the first people that ever walked on this earth. We're comprised of the elements of the earth. When we die, we return to those basic elements. It's worthwhile to explore as much as our wonderful minds and souls and breath will take us.

Wow, now everyone will think I'm as weird as I actually am. I try to hide it, but guess I've been busted!!! :doh:

I'm curious - was there a big change going on in your life, say career or residence when you had the JB/P dream?

What I got out of your dream - linguistically speaking - is that you are a fence sitter for the most part. Look at the following word choices that carry meaning:-

dark/light

stand(ing)/flight

walk(ing/ed)/stand(ing)

bumped/flat

no/yes

You also made 20 references to either a house or apartment/flat with doors, hallway, railings, rooms, stairs, bedroom, windows - that was being 'let.'

Somehow aunt, mother and teacher figure in all this. But they're your titles not mine.

There were several references to religious items as well such as Communion, cross, white, light. The specific reference to First Communion probably makes you either High Anglican or Catholic.

There are numberous references to 'shopping' and 'clothing' items as well and there was probably some concern around this at the time of the dream. I don't know what you can remember about the 'real world' around you at that time, but I'm guessing somewhere in all this language is the real issue that you were trying to resolve.

Now, I'm thinking it would have been better if you'd plunged into the lake (by the way not
'sea' in Charlevoix). Right Brother Moon? You would have emerged enlightened! Of course, fence sitters would be loath to get their feet wet AND HENCE are left to ponder the truth...endlessly.

The repeated mention of
Charlevoix and then the reiteration of 'Charles' leads me to wonder if this name has any significance for you in the real world? Know any Charlies or Chucks?

When you put
'kettle' and 'coffee' together, I get 'instant coffee.' Taking that one step further as BrotherMoon did, you've got instant flashpoint associated with Patsy. Of course, your dream is your interpretation of Patsy.

You only have one colour in the whole dream - white. You mention numbers - interestingly 'double' and then two references to 'first.'

I guess you probably can't remember if you were wakened by the phone? That's usually when my dreams start to ring...

You mention 5 directions in your dream:
front, left, back, side, top. Funny how they all relate to the case. What I'm curious about is if you think of your life back when you had this dream, do they suggest anything to you?

Many experts believe that you represent everyone in your dreams. Your dreams are a very interesting part of you. Although no I have never had a dream about JonBenet I would agree with BrotherMoon. It is about something you have experienced in your life, nothing to do with the Ramsey case. Though it would be extremely weird if that were true...and cool.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back