PA PA - Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21, Palmyra, 29 July 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knox

Reaction score
Palmyra police are investigating the disappearance of a 21-year-old borough woman, who was last seen on Sunday.

Kortne Ciera Stouffer was last seen around 3:45 a.m. at her home, 810 W. Main St., according to a release from the Palmyra police department.

Police described her as white, 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighing about 115 pounds, with blond hair worn in dreadlocks and green eyes.

She had a tattoo with the words "one love" on her right bicep, another one with stars on her left foot and a third one of flowers and a pistol on her left hip.

Police did not provide any further details about the case in the news release.

http://www.ldnews.com/latestnews/ci_21200862/police-search-missing-palmyra-woman?source=most_emailed

20120731_012655_Kortne%20Stouffer%20photo.jpg

Police are asking anyone with information about Stouffer's whereabouts to contact them at 717-838-8188 or 717-838-8189.

Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3
Thread 4

Media/Timeline thread: PA PA-Kortne Ciera Stouffer, 21,Palmyra, 29 July 2012 TIMELINE/MEDIA ONLY *NO DISCUSSION - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

It good to see so much activity on Kortne's thread. Its true that Kortne may not have wanted to contact her parents about her bf and the trouble that night. If LE were going to charge her that night, they would have.. as far as the underage drinking. I just cant get away from the last one to be in her company (CP), or the stomping. Also the rumors about AB are coming from so many directions, that is seems plausible to me.

Even if Kortne were "estranged" from her parents at the time, I just dont see her leaving with her mother so distraught, her father, and her siblings. Whether or not they were having problems at the time, they seem a very close knit family. No way do I think she would continue to let them suffer, especially with the holidays fast approaching.

Has anyone found a twitter account for Kortne? Another "theory" for me is that I truly believe there is at least one serial killer, or human trafficker that preys on young women in Kortne's age group. If she was tweeting, or posting on fb where she was and they were stalking her.. then its possible they were just in the right place at the right time. Stranger things have happened. THey seem to look for young women with possible drug use, alcohol use, as LE does not seem to get as urgent in looking for these young women. And, of course, these lifestyle choices make them more vulnerable.

I really would like to know the scoop on her car and how it got to her apt. Just random thoughts. Where are you Kortne?

Another odd thing is that numerous new reports said that she left the bar to head home with three men. Perhaps that was not the case, but that was reported more than once. In this news article http://www.abc27.com/story/19309331...s-car-following-kortne-stouffer-disappearance it says, referring to MR, That was the last time he said he saw the now missing 21-year-old, still in the car with others.

"with others". That is a strange use of the English language if it was just her and CP. Others would imply more than one other person.

In addition to how did the car get back to KS's, was there a third person and maybe a third person's girlfriend in the group and how did they get home?

I do agree that Kortne is a free spirited person, however; based on the events the night she disappeared, I do think that unfortunately someone killed her. It's really frustrating because LE was at her house 3 times that day, 2 specifically after she returned from the bar with CP. Someone knows something!

I know a lot of people are speculating that she may have left for various reasons including, mental illness, fear of drug dealer retaliation, etc. but I just can't wrap my head around it only because there was too much going on the night she returned from the bar. Lots of tempers, arguments, alcohol involved, police calls.

I think it's great that people are thinking outside of the box though and under any other scenario, I would agree 100%. I just felt early on here that someone disappeared her quick. By morning.

Now, who?

Here is the one thing I'd really like to know. When CP left, was the door locked or was it unlocked and did he lock the door when he left? If that could be answered, that might tell you some things. According to WS here: http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1208/09/ijvm.01.html ...The door was unlocked, which was very unusual. Kortne would keep her door locked...

So if CP got up, and the door was unlocked, something probably had already happened. If the door was locked, and he locked it behind him, and WS found the door unlocked the next day, doesn't that tell you that whatever happened happened after 7:30? That KS was still there, moved to another room to sleep?

I have not seen this discussed anywhere. The door was unlocked, but who unlocked it?

Here is the one thing I'd really like to know. When CP left, was the door locked or was it unlocked and did he lock the door when he left? If that could be answered, that might tell you some things. According to WS here: http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1208/09/ijvm.01.html ...The door was unlocked, which was very unusual. Kortne would keep her door locked...

So if CP got up, and the door was unlocked, something probably had already happened. If the door was locked, and he locked it behind him, and WS found the door unlocked the next day, doesn't that tell you that whatever happened happened after 7:30? That KS was still there, moved to another room to sleep?

I have not seen this discussed anywhere. The door was unlocked, but who unlocked it?

Yes, the door was unlocked. Allegedly, CP left and Kortne was gone. (which I believe, IMO she was gone but not on her own terms.) He then is on surveillance texting her that morning, asking her what happened.

http://www.ldnews.com/announcements/ci_21427918/police-release-new-info-missing-woman-case

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ogated-in-pa-womans-disappearance-police-say/

Hi John -

I don't know if any MSM sites report if CP locked the door or not. I do know that Kortne's mother showed up at her apartment the following Monday morning and the door was unlocked.

Wendy said that on Monday morning she drove to Kortne's apartment, knocked on the door and Kortne's dog, Sheba, came to the door. The door was unlocked and her car was there. Wendy went inside the apartment and called for Kortne, but she didn't answer.

We can only make assumptions about what CP did but Kortne left all of her belongings behind.

There is a picture on a certain friend of KS's facebook page, that looks very much like her. It appears to have been taken at a Halloween party. Obviously we cannot rely on dates according to FB posts (which in this case was 10/27/12), but this individual also has pictures posted with MR from earlier in the year...my eggs are not all in this basket, but I'm starting to believe she is alive and is missing on her own will. Just starting to look at this in a different perspective. WS's FB posts are beginning to sound like she also believes KS to be alive.

Hi John -

I don't know if any MSM sites report if CP locked the door or not.

Right, this was never reported, so it makes me wonder how LE can conclude the timeframe when K went missing.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/08/police_release_report_of_under.html

From the article linked above...The male friend who spent the night at Stouffer’s said he awoke Sunday morning, didn’t see her and assumed she was sleeping in another room...

In other words, he had no idea she had gone missing, if indeed she was missing at that point, and figured she was in another room sleeping.

Here is another news report http://www.abc27.com/story/19290677/possibly-the-last-person-to-see-kortne-stouffer-speaks that says ... He thought she might have been in another room. He said he did not know she was missing and left.

If he went to leave and the door was locked, he would not be suspicious that she was no longer in the apartment, correct? And he'd lock the door behind him.

If the door was unlocked, wouldn't that make him suspicious that she might have left the apartment? But his statements say he thought she was still there.

So in scenario one, the question would be, didn't you think it was odd that the door was unlocked? Why didn't it occur to you that maybe KS was not there anymore?

In scenario two, if the door was locked, he'd be more inclined to believe she was still in the apartment, and he would be sure to lock the door behind him. If this is the case, how did the door become unlocked later if K was not there?

A third scenario, the door was locked, but he left it unlocked behind him seems unlikely.

Article after article like this one http://www.ldnews.com/latestnews/ci_21829801/despite-rumors-palmyras-kortne-stouffer-still-missing state as a fact that "Kortne Stouffer vanished from her apartment between 3:45 and 7:30 a.m. on Sunday, July 29." But with the information that has been released to the public, do we know that as a fact? Or is that an assumption. If we are thinking outside the box, is there no possibility whatsoever that K actually did move to another room and was there when CP left, very sound asleep from a long previous evening? There might be a reason to rule out that possibility, but I don't think that it's been made known publicly. If there is any possibility K was still there, that opens up a time frame of Sunday morning after 7:30 when K could have left the apartment, does it not?

It good to see so much activity on Kortne's thread. Its true that Kortne may not have wanted to contact her parents about her bf and the trouble that night. If LE were going to charge her that night, they would have.. as far as the underage drinking. I just cant get away from the last one to be in her company (CP), or the stomping. Also the rumors about AB are coming from so many directions, that is seems plausible to me.

Even if Kortne were "estranged" from her parents at the time, I just dont see her leaving with her mother so distraught, her father, and her siblings. Whether or not they were having problems at the time, they seem a very close knit family. No way do I think she would continue to let them suffer, especially with the holidays fast approaching.

I agree that LE would have charged her at the time of the incident, but it's also possible that Kortne may not have realized this and thought otherwise. I also have a hard time getting past the last one in her company and yes the rumors that surround this case seem plausible to me too. Just way too many reports of the same sorts of things. I'm also happy to see so much activity here, I suppose if all of us decided there was only one possible outcome, that activity would dry up.

Someone asked on the previous thread if Kortne could have walked from her apartment to the Gas station Pub and was inquiring about the distance between the two locations, this was right before the last thread closed. As long as I have the right addresses which I believe I do, from 810 Main Street Palmyra PA to 228 E Main Street Hummelstown PA the distance is anywhere from 7.5 miles to 10 miles depending on which route she could have taken. I guess anything is possible, but that seems an awfully far distance to walk, especially at 4 AM.

Has anyone found a twitter account for Kortne? Another "theory" for me is that I truly believe there is at least one serial killer, or human trafficker that preys on young women in Kortne's age group. If she was tweeting, or posting on fb where she was and they were stalking her.. then its possible they were just in the right place at the right time. Stranger things have happened. THey seem to look for young women with possible drug use, alcohol use, as LE does not seem to get as urgent in looking for these young women. And, of course, these lifestyle choices make them more vulnerable.

I really would like to know the scoop on her car and how it got to her apt. Just random thoughts. Where are you Kortne?

There are ways to search and find out what type of social networking sites a person uses. I have looked into this in the past and have never found a twitter account for Kortne. She has a FB account and a MySpace account where for some strange reason she goes by the name of Grace. I'm also still considering the human trafficking/serial killer possibility as well. Very true about lifestyle choices making them vulnerable.

There is a picture on a certain friend of KS's facebook page, that looks very much like her. It appears to have been taken at a Halloween party. Obviously we cannot rely on dates according to FB posts (which in this case was 10/27/12), but this individual also has pictures posted with MR from earlier in the year...my eggs are not all in this basket, but I'm starting to believe she is alive and is missing on her own will. Just starting to look at this in a different perspective. WS's FB posts are beginning to sound like she also believes KS to be alive.

I know that there are some older Halloween pictures out there of Kortne taken at a Halloween party. These were taken prior to when she went missing. A good way to rule out weather or not we are discussing the same pictures would be to compare what she is wearing in the picture you came across. In the pictures I am referring to, Kortne is wearing a green dress and a green hat, and also has on green gloves that come nearly up to her elbows. I really do not know what she's dressed up as, but maybe a leprechaun? I also came across other older pictures where she is dressed up as a jockey, not sure if these are Halloween pictures or not though. Could you confirm what she is wearing in the picture you came across so we could possibly rule out that they are not older pictures? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123