Leonid Meteor Shower Peaks 11/17/12

Awesome! How'd I miss this one? lol! Hoping for a good display as well!!! :)

And OF COURSE we're under cloud cover, and expecting rain for the next three days. Sigh.

Best-
Herding Cats

Clear here! Wheee! This will give me a chance to trot out my tale of the extremely odd behavior of a meteroid I saw in the Orionid showers a few weeks back.

Clear here too wfg :) DH just said no way he was gonna get up at 2:30 - 3:00 a.m. EST. We only saw three in Oct.

Clear here too wfg :) DH just said no way he was gonna get up at 2:30 - 3:00 a.m. EST. We only saw three in Oct.

So far it's unusually clear sky's here .. I'll be up and dragging my kid outta bed for this one! It's always cloudy here for meteor showers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, sure enough.....cloud cover has rolled in and I can't even see the dang moon!

LNJ - what about tonight/tomorrow? It's supposed to peak at around 3 a.m.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for tonight!

I'm in CT, keeping fingers crossed for us both :)

Don't want to jinx it but the sky's are clear so far....

Out of luck too, been under clouds all week.

Well it doesn't look good here. Maybe by 3 it will clear up. I have seen some really good shows and that's why I stay up.

Arghhhh! Of course, I set my alarm, go out back..... CLOUDS!!!

I probably didn't give 'em a fair shake as it was chilly in NE OK at that hour, but I didn't see any in my fifteen minutes of due diligence early today (brrrrr! should have hauled out the winter coat!).

The sky was clear and there were stars galore, but I didn’t see any meteor showers. I think I went out too early, 2:00 a.m. Will try again tomorrow morning, at 3:30 a.m., if I can drag myself out of my warm bed, lol.

The sky was clear and there were stars galore, but I didn’t see any meteor showers. I think I went out too early, 2:00 a.m. Will try again tomorrow morning, at 3:30 a.m., if I can drag myself out of my warm bed, lol.

Are we supposed to be able to see them tonight?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam