GUILTY FL - Christopher Davis, 2, dies after finding loaded gun, Port Charlotte, 18 Nov 2012

noZme

Reaction score
Trigger locks are an absolute necessity when there are children around. A gun safe is an even better item to have.

So frickin preventable.

People are idiots IMO

Responsible gun ownership.

Its a must.

Sad.

I don't own a gun, never held a gun.

Does a 3 year old have the strength to pull the trigger? Is it that easy to do? TIA

Sad.

Does a 3 year old have the strength to pull the trigger? Is it that easy to do? TIA

Some guns do have a hair trigger, but yea, I asked myself the same question.

If lifted by the trigger, I think the weight of the gun could cause it to go off. Of course, this depends on the type of gun & the trigger strength. Some have locking mechanisms. Obviously, this one was not engaged.

The sad fact is, none of that should matter because the weapon should have been in a locked box on the top shelf of the closet!

I am very pro gun rights. But this is just crazy. What is wrong with parents today. There are gun locks and gun safes. He is three, even putting in on top of a tall dresser would have prevented him from getting the gun and keeping it unloaded. This is so sad.

Sad.

Depends on the gun. Some guns triggers are extremely easy to pull while others take several pounds of pressure to do so. There are even guns that will only fire with your finger print but they are very expensive. And gun safes that only open with your finger print Touch and they are not too much more than a regular gun safe. Unacceptable!

wonder if this was a domestic and the child was shot accidentally? something seems off with the time being in the middle of the night...just wondering out loud...jmho...

what seems off to me is that a loaded gun was ever ever ever laying around the house in a location where an errant toddler could get hold of it. Ridiculous.

MOO what was anyone in that household doing up at 3 am with a loaded unsecured gun laying around? Drugs? What on earth happened here? Not much detail to go on but this household is odd to me.

Could be a " thing" too meaning thugs came over to party, knock boots, whatever and left their pants on the floor with the firearm in them. Kid finds gun on floor and "bang".

That happened recently here in Macon. After the kid was shot the half dozen adults present at the time hid the gun and called 911.

But the gun lobby says

"guns don't kill people, people kill people"

:waitasec:

But the gun lobby says

"guns don't kill people, people kill people"

:waitasec:

In case you missed it the headline reads: 3-year-old Boy Found Gun, Shot Himself It doesn't say "Firearm Shoots Boy in Sudden Attack".

Irresponsible and/or murderous people kill people. Guns are simply the tool.

I want to know more about this one but if posters make it about gun control the thread will get shut down so that is my only cmment about the guns/no guns topic.

I hate hearing things like this, it is just so preventable. This little guy didn't even get to go to first grade. I don't know what it's going to take to make people understand that loaded guns and kids don't mix.

Look, I'm admittedly pro-gun control in urban areas but this seems a separate issue.

Shouldn't leaving guns unlocked around children be a crime if a child shoots himself or someone else? It's manslaughter when someone is accidentally killed by a child, IMO.

Isn't this a place where those who are pro- and anti-control can meet?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back