GUILTY GA - Sasha Ray, 2, stabbed to death, Decatur, 19 Nov 2012

noZme

Reaction score
breaking news 5pm 11/19/12

DeKalb County (Metro-Atlanta) police are investigating the death of a 2-year-old girl. The child and others were being watched by a 13-year-old sibling.

When the parents returned home, the child was found outside the rear of the condo with fatal injuries. Authorities know the cause of death but have not released that information. Police are looking for a suspect in the homicide.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/child-killed-in-dekalb/nS949/

http://www.wsbtv.com/

And other headlines at the WSB-TV's homepage:
Mother accused of drunk driving with child in car Channel 2's Action News also found the woman had been arrested for the same thing less than a month ago.

this is why I usually do not read in crimes against children. yesterday, I posted about a 3 year old who killed himself with a gun in his home. Who is looking after our children???

I feel awful for the 13 yr old sister. She will have to live with this too. When I was growing up I knew a girl who was babysitting her little siblings, and one of them got outside and was hit by a car and killed. She never really got over it, imo.

I wonder how much the 13 yr old knows about what happened? Was there someone from the neighborhood over at her condo that day? Lots of times kids let friends come over when the parents aren't home. I am wondering if the toddler was lured out of the home that day.

Or maybe, since they lived in a condo, maybe it was on an upper floor and the child fell off a balcony or out of a window. :waitasec:

WOW

Teen killed 2 yr old step sister

DeKalb County police have charged a 13-year-old girl with murder after she killed her 2-year-old stepsister, family members say.

The toddler's father, Shelton Ray, told Channel 2's Ashley Swann that police have charged his teen stepdaughter in the death of the toddler.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/2-year-old-killed-dekalb-county/nS94R/

:( :(

I had a feeling it might be the sister when they were so evasive about the cause of death. They still won't say how she was murdered. Wonder if she pushed her out the window?

wow. And I was feeling sorry for her too.

Was there any reason for the parents to think this 13 yr old would herm her baby sister?

Probaby not, or they wouldn't have left her in charge. So I wonder how they knew so quickly what happened?

Too many children in the last few weeks are killing their younger brothers or sisters...is this like a new 'epidemic' starting?

I wonder what makes them so sure it was not an accident ;(

When they said she was fatally murdered. I guess they have to wait for the medical examiner to verify the cause of death. But I'm so curious what the weapon was, if it was a knife, was she pushed, strangled. Just have to wait I guess.

The video here said that they were told she was stabbed, but the police won't confirm it yet. They say tomorrow. A neighbor also said the 13 year old had a boyfriend over, so I don't know how they could be sure so quickly that it was her who did it.

www.11alive.com/news/article/264802/40/Two-year-old-killed-in-DeKalb-County- so quickly

There are adorable pictures of that poor baby in that article. Hard to look at those pictures and imagine her 13 yr old sister killing her. :mad:

Sadly, I immediately suspected the sister was involved. How tragic :(

Typically, I am not a conservative, traditional family values sort of person, but I can't help but think that these type of things are related to the way that we, as a society, no longer really encourage bonding. Everyone is so busy worrying about their careers or their own interests, and they forget that we have to help our kids bond, not just with us, but with their siblings, especially in blended families. People don't realize how much rewarding kids for kindness towards siblings, or a game/movie night or even just encouraging your kids to learn about each other can have a huge positive impact.

I'm not saying that it would have necessarily had any effect in this case, because there could be mental illness or other things going on with the 13 year old in this case, but as a general rule, parents are just throwing their families and children together and expecting everyone to love each other because mommy and daddy got married. It almost never works that way.

I find it tragic and sad that mom worked at a daycare watching other people's children and left her own child with a child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The baby's father, (step-father to the teen), sure is taking this well:

"All I would say is, what you did is wrong and there are going to be some consequences that you will have to face, and you're going to have to face them, and we're going to help you along the way while you're facing those consequences," Ray said.

Ray said he is taking comfort in knowing that Sasha is in heaven.

"She is in a better place than I am, and with that known, I know I'm good," Ray said.

The article does say the teen confessed to the stepdad and police but I'm a bit suspicious that she could be taking the fall for someone. I hope the police double check everyone's alibis and timelines.

Apparently they are charging the girl as an adult. The baby had multiple stab wounds to her chest. They suspect the attack happened indoors and the body was later placed outdoors. So far the why is still a mystery.

I wonder if the 13 year old placed the body outside in an attempt to concoct some story with another perp but it was found before inside was cleaned up. My thoughts only. Pure speculation.

www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/20147312/dekalb-police-charge-sister-in-death-of-2-year-old-girl

Looks like my hunch was right about the attempt to divert blame.

Shelton Ray said he had received a call from Jackson, saying that her sister was missing and that she thought the neighbors might have taken her. Shelton Ray and his wife sped home to try and locate Sasha, and found the bleeding toddler in the backyard. She died before they could get her to a hospital.

Huffington Post link

The baby's father, (step-father to the teen), sure is taking this well:

The article does say the teen confessed to the stepdad and police but I'm a bit suspicious that she could be taking the fall for someone. I hope the police double check everyone's alibis and timelines.

I interpreted his statement in a different way. It reminded me of how my parents would discipline me as a youth. I read it more as him saying that just because she did a tremendously horrible deed, that did not make her a horrible person and that they will stand by the person but not the crime. His quotes from all articles in aggregate make me think that he is not involved. I get the feeling this one is straight forward. All MOO ofcourse. :moo:

I wonder if the 13 year old is on any antidepressants? Those can do scary things at that age (I can speak from experience - no outwatd violence thank goodness) :dunno:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back