Girls give away cookies; get sued

Wow! but seriously, would anyone eat anything left on their porch by people unknown?:snooty:

That woman sounds like a royal pain in the arse! I cannot believe she sued these two girls for being thoughtful!!! This sentence caught my attention:

She thought perhaps they were burglars or some neighbors she had tangled with in the past, she said.

Tangled with other neighbors???? She sounds like truly a delight to live close to. I think the judge is an idiot too. :loser: :loser: :loser:

Young said " the girls shouldn't have been out that late at night, something bad could have happened to them." Young was right...she sued them. How sad the world has become, we no longer can be kind to each other, we've learned to always be on guard and distrustful of even the best intentions. What kind of lessons are we leaving the next generation of children ?
Does anyone other than myself remember when you'd hear SUE and think it was the name of a girl rather then a way of life??

Thank God the old biddy doesn't live in my neighborhood--to take this to court was just plain senseless IMO!

"The victory wasn't sweet," Young said Thursday afternoon. "I'm not gloating about it. I just hope the girls learned a lesson."

Yeah they learned their lesson, that you're a mean ole-biddy.

The girls wrote letters of apology to Young. Taylor's letter, written a few days after the episode, said in part: "I didn't realize this would cause trouble for you. ... I just wanted you to know that someone cared about you and your family."

The families had offered to pay Young's medical bills if she would agree to indemnify the families against future claims.

Young wouldn't sign the agreement. She said the families' apologies rang false and weren't delivered in person. The matter went to court.

Arrrgggghhhhh!

I swear - we should all go out & buy a box of cheapo cookies from the local dollar store, ship them out to this old witch, and make sure they are delivered after 10pm by some strange looking dude. Maybe we should take up a collection for the girls to pay off the $900?

I cannot believe they even let this stupid lawsuit proceed to trial.

OB RN said:
Maybe we should take up a collection for the girls to pay off the $900?

I cannot believe they even let this stupid lawsuit proceed to trial.

I can't belive they did either! Those girls were doing a wonderful, sweet
(no pun intended) thing. I'd gladly chip in to help pay that fine.
God bless them, and I hope they keep that caring attitude despite
this.

http://durangoherald.com/asp-bin/ar...e=news&article_path=/news/05/news050205_1.htm

Denver radio station KOA-AM raised more than $1,900 from listeners Friday to pay the girls' $930.78 fine. The remaining sum will go to a charity dedicated to victims of the Columbine High School massacre.
Richard Ostergaard successfully filed a restraining order against Young's husband, Herb, on Friday afternoon in county court, claiming he continues to make harassing telephone calls to the Ostergaard residence.

"This has turned into quite a fiasco," Young said. "It's something that never should have happened and it's just devastating. My phone hasn't stopped ringing. My life has been threatened and I'll probably have to move out of town.

"All I wanted was for those girls to admit that they used poor judgment and apologize in person. If they had done that, I wouldn't have even asked for the money. I just hope they learned a lesson."

I just wish that Wanita Renea Young learned a lesson. Obviously her community is reaching out hoping to teach her that lesson.
:woohoo:

golfmom said:
http://durangoherald.com/asp-bin/ar...e=news&article_path=/news/05/news050205_1.htm

Denver radio station KOA-AM raised more than $1,900 from listeners Friday to pay the girls' $930.78 fine. The remaining sum will go to a charity dedicated to victims of the Columbine High School massacre.
Richard Ostergaard successfully filed a restraining order against Young's husband, Herb, on Friday afternoon in county court, claiming he continues to make harassing telephone calls to the Ostergaard residence.

"This has turned into quite a fiasco," Young said. "It's something that never should have happened and it's just devastating. My phone hasn't stopped ringing. My life has been threatened and I'll probably have to move out of town.

"All I wanted was for those girls to admit that they used poor judgment and apologize in person. If they had done that, I wouldn't have even asked for the money. I just hope they learned a lesson."

I just wish that Wanita Renea Young learned a lesson. Obviously her community is reaching out hoping to teach her that lesson.
:woohoo:

Thanks for the update golfmom! I'm so glad that people stepped in to help
out.
:)

Oh Boy...I predict that this woman has some more "porch gifts" coming to her in her future...probably more along the lines of a flaming bag of poo....

I wonder if this woman has sued others in the past. A woman here in my neck of the woods sued her next door neighbors because they cut down trees on THEIR OWN PROPERY and it "ruined" her view. It hasn't been tossed out, it's headed for court. And now she wonders why none of her neighbors like her!

And you know what? IF those girls had shown up in person, I betcha she'da had another "medical emergency" and those poor girls would be in more trouble....

kgeaux said:
I wonder if this woman has sued others in the past. A woman here in my neck of the woods sued her next door neighbors because they cut down trees on THEIR OWN PROPERY and it "ruined" her view. It hasn't been tossed out, it's headed for court. And now she wonders why none of her neighbors like her!
Boy, some people have a lot of nerve!!!!!!!!!!!

kgeaux said:
And you know what? IF those girls had shown up in person, I betcha she'da had another "medical emergency" and those poor girls would be in more trouble....

No doubt. I told my dh about this story. He just sat there shaking his head.
I figure it really was none too safe for them to apologize in person.

golfmom said:

I hope this old bat doesn't move anywhere near me!!! What a :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:

LOL ~ Jeana, I think she is safer where she is than moving near you :D

Jeana (DP) said:
I hope this old bat doesn't move anywhere near me!!! What a :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:
Well, it seems Miss Huber (from Desperate Housewives) is alive and well after all. :)

nanandjim said:
Well, it seems Miss Huber (from Desperate Housewives) is alive and well after all. :)

ROFLMAO!!!! I was SOOOO angry there was reruns shown last night!! I rushed home from dinner to watch! :mad:

Oh Lord, I wont ask you to keep me from becoming an old woman, but Lord, please dont let me become a crotchety old woman who refuses to see an act of kindness when it is presented.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthseeker158
Back