CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustCryssy

Reaction score
‎Didn't see another thread on Dylan.

11/20/2012: Please share to find Dylan Redwine (13) missing from VALLECITO, COLORADO since 11/19/2012. La Plata County Sheriff officials are searching for a 13 year old boy who disappeared from his home in Vallecito on Monday morning, 11/19/2012. Dylan Redwine is 5 feet tall and weighs 105 lbs. He has blue eyes and medium-length blonde hair. He was reported missing between 7:30 and 11:30 Monday morning from the 2300 block of County Road 500. It is unknown what clothing he was wearing but may have been carrying a backpack. If anyone knows the whereabouts of this boy, please call 970-385-2900 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting FREE 970-385-2900 end_of_the_skype_highlighting.

To assist with Amber Alerts and missing person cases through flyer and picture sharing on Facebook please like Seeking TheLost: http://facebook.com/seeking.thelost.news

A court order gave Redwine’s father visitation rights over the Thanksgiving holiday, said Dan Bender, spokesman with the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office. Redwine arrived Sunday from Colorado Springs.

The father last saw the boy at 7:30 a.m. Monday. He noticed the boy was gone at 11:30 a.m., Bender said. The father notified the boy’s mother, and she has come to Durango to assist with the search.

La Plata County Search and Rescue members searched for Redwine Monday night in areas of County Road 500. Residents who have expressed an interest in assisting are being asked to search their properties and areas of Vallecito they are familiar with, Bender said.

The boy used to live in Vallecito, so authorities are notifying friends who live in the area.

Bayfield schools are closed this week for the holiday, but the Sheriff’s Office has asked the school district to send out a notification to student’s homes to notify them of the missing boy.

Authorities are not sure if the boy was upset and ran away or if other factors are at play.

“At this time we’re exploring all possibilities,” Bender said.
http://durangoherald.com/article/20121120/NEWS01/121129996/-1/News

I wish I knew how to post pictures. He looks younger than 13, unless these aren't recent images.

Oh goodness, his name is the same as my 11 year old... I sure hope Dylan is with a friend and is found safely.

I wish I knew how to post pictures. He looks younger than 13, unless these aren't recent images.

dylanweb.jpg

Search Area Map: [ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=2300+county+road+500,+Durango,+CO&hl=en&ll=37.428252,-107.538815&spn=0.099104,0.123768&sll=37.264695,-107.877617&sspn=0.012415,0.015471&hnear=2300+County+Road+500,+Bayfield,+Colorado+81122&t=h&z=13"]2300 county road 500, Durango, CO - Google Maps[/ame]

Poor kid. I wonder if he was asked about where he wanted to be for Thanksgiving. I hate to think of him wandering around, feeling helpless and hopeless. Lord bless this young man and bring him home safely!!

It just seems like such an unlikely place for him to runaway. He is not a 7 yr old. He surely recognizes the dangers in that terrain. And he doesn't know anyone in the area to run away to. <modsnip>. :what:

When parents split up the child should be left where the child is happiest.
we are doing these kids no favors making them go where they dont want to be.
JMO

Why did it take four hours for dad to notice Dylan was missing?!

Have any of the articles said how long it had been since he had seen his father? Where does his mother live?

A postal worker possibly saw the boy Monday on County Road 501, near Vallecito, and two rescue workers may have seen the boy Tuesday afternoon, said Dan Bender, spokesman with the La Plata County Sheriff&#8217;s Office.

Both sightings are unconfirmed, and, in both cases, the boy ran from rescue workers up a hill in the Vallecito area, Bender said.

&#8220;We&#8217;re assuming at this point &#8211; it may be Dylan &#8211; eluded searchers,&#8221; he said. &#8220;We&#8217;re leaning toward his being a runaway.&#8221;

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...121120/NEWS01/121129996/Missing-teen-sought--

I am wondering if Dylan was getting to an age where he was hard to handle for mom. Maybe Dad was chosen to help by taking him for some holiday time and giving mom a break. I'm not sure but this is a possibility. Those of us who have reared children know how those early teen years can be!

Just praying he finds his way to a safe place.

JMO
IMO, the place where the child chooses to be is not always in the child's best interest. If the child is given a choice, he'll often choose to live with the parent who is less strict or who lavishes the child with expensive toys.

I knew a woman who's 13 year old son wanted to live with his dad because his dad allowed him more freedoms. His mother honored his wishes and everyone thought the boy was happy, but he ended up committing suicide.

Another woman I knew lost custody of her children to her ex and the woman who'd broken up their marriage because a judge decided the ex and new wife could provide a better home since they had a higher income. The older boy had already decided he wanted to live with his dad because his dad promised the kids he would buy them whatever they wanted.

I don't know how the latter situation turned out but often parents will vie for their children's affections when they divorce, which results in the parents trying to buy their children's "love" or neglecting to set boundaries. This may seem ideal to the children at the time, but eventually they realize that it really isn't love.

JMO

You are so right!! Judges should talk to the child before they make their decisions. A 13 y.o. should have some say in where he wants to spend holidays. These things are always so much harder on the children than it is the adults, and so many parents tend to forget what the child wants, much less what is best for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer