GUILTY IA - Barbara Griffiths for child endangerment, Independence, 2012

People do some stupid things! The victim in the episode of either 48 Hours or Dateline titled "The Lady in the Harbor" (I forgot the names) wrote a similar permission slip for her daughter's over age boyfriend. In her case she ended up dead and in a harbor instread of in jail.

I went through a rebellious stage at 14 and dated a 24 year old and then was serious with a 21/22 year old for 7 months. My parents never knew, I wove an elaborate web of lies. Had they found out I would have no choice but to end it. I see now, at 32, how those people are predators in their own way. I actually just fessed up to my mom this past month. Funny timing!

Sigh. Having another one of those days again.

Where I hate people. :(

Hating people too. Especially this peach, Barb.

Let's say we write a permission slip for someone to do something to her. How would she like it?

My sympathy and heart is with this poor child for winding up with a "mother" like her. Plus, plus, plus I have no doubt in my mind there was some money or ciggies or drugs in it for Barb.

People do some stupid things! The victim in the episode of either 48 Hours or Dateline titled "The Lady in the Harbor" (I forgot the names) wrote a similar permission slip for her daughter's over age boyfriend. In her case she ended up dead and in a harbor instread of in jail.

I went through a rebellious stage at 14 and dated a 24 year old and then was serious with a 21/22 year old for 7 months. My parents never knew, I wove an elaborate web of lies. Had they found out I would have no choice but to end it. I see now, at 32, how those people are predators in their own way. I actually just fessed up to my mom this past month. Funny timing!

Moxie I'm so sorry that happened to you. You were just a child.

My DD wasn't rebellious until 17. I learned two years later at the time some lousey, rotten creep all of age 31 "dated" her. Instead of having his legs broken I thought it better I let his bride to be know a few weeks before the wedding he's a predator of young girls. That worked. I did it in a social setting too so everyone could hear. She called off the wedding.

Lord, I can not stand perverts.

Yeah. I saw the "lady in the harbor" episode. I don't think this [UNUSUALPERSON] <self edit> did this for the reason those parents did.

I think it got drugs, or money or some sort of compensation. Eithe that or she just couldn't be bothere to parent anymore, and signing her over to creep <woops. Did I forget to self edit?> was simpler for all involved.

Lazy IMO, will be the motivation behind ths "mother's" actions (or inactions).

Hating people is becoming an everyday thing. We shouldn't have to live with this kind of nonsense in our lives. Where did the moral responsible people go?

Guys. I have thanked all your posts repeatedly but the thanks don't seem to stick.

Thank you to all posts above this one.

Well, I would like to give permission to a big burly person to smack this "mother" upside her head.

But you see, we can't just give permission for others to commit crimes. I know that but apparent this ummm "unusual person" does not know that. Perhaps she can learn that by spending some time in jail and she should definitely lose custody of that child.

What the he** is wrong with her? This is her 13 year old daughter who she should be protecting, not putting her in danger. SMH !!!

Hope these two are sitting behind bars. Mom needs to get some jail treatment for what she was willing to put her daughter through.

Hope these two are sitting behind bars. Mom needs to get some jail treatment for what she was willing to put her daughter through.

I wonder if the mom was hoping the daughter would get pregnant. Seems the mom is on disability for a nominal amount and babies can be a useful source of gov't funds and benefits.

Really I am just trying wrap my head around and understand why this so called mother would do such a thing.

No matter what or why it is pathetic and extremely scary that the mom would put her daughter in the hands of a man who must have known he would be breaking a law. What kind of a pervert or pedophile is he?

I feel like our youth are having to grow up too fast these days. This poor girl, I feel bad for her. The one person who is supposed to protect her and represent safety betrays her by handing her over to a perv. Even though the note didn't have any real legal legs to stand on, if the girl wanted to be left alone by the guy she probably felt hopelesa.

That age is such an easy one for pervs to take advantage of girls that are blossoming into women. I know in my case it made me feel proud that a 21 and 24 year old would be interested in me. Unfortunately I compromised my morals because I felt that if I didn't then they'd no longer like me. It never occured to me that it was odd that men that age would only be interested in a girl my age if they were sick losers. The sad thing is that I wasn't the only one. My friends had crushes on and dated older men as well, some we met through their parents. These were the guys that introduced us to alcohol. I can understand the daughter not seeing the bigger picture, even being flattered, heck, I'm a smart girl and I was. I can't understand the mom. If she wrote a permission slip then she KNEW it was wrong. With her record she doesn't seem to care too much about what is right. Hopefully her daughter will be introduced to a strong role model through the process. I did (after a rape at 14) and that is what helped me.

April 2014:

Barbara Ann Griffiths, 34, Independence, was adjudged guilty of Child Endangerment, for being a parent, guardian, person having custody of a minor child, under the age of 18 with mental or physical disabilities, for knowingly acting in a manner that created a substantial risk to a minor with mental or physical disabilities. (To-wit, giving permission for a female minor to have sexual relations with a 22 year-old male.)

Defendant was sentenced to two years incarceration and fined $625, plus surcharges. Sentence of incarceration, fines and surcharges were suspended in full.

Reasons for supporting this sentence were: Prior lack of criminal record, employment, family circumstances and a plea agreement.

http://m.communitynewspapergroup.co...098-c996-11e3-847a-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=jqm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back