OH OH/FL/LA/MS/CA - GLEN EDWARD ROGERS, Cross-Country Killer, Casanova Killer

legalmania

Verified Paralegal
Reaction score
Website
www.websleuths.com
As I watched the documentary "My Brother the Serial Killer" my interest grew on how did this guys murderous rampage end up taking the lives of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ron Goldman as I watched the troubled life of Greg Rogers and his brother grow, it started to become clear to me that Greg definitely was a Serial Killer, but did he kill Nicole and Ron under the command of OJ Simpson remains a mystery.

http://laist.com/2012/11/21/serial_killer_on_death_row_says_oj.php

I didn't watch the show but I have a feeling Rogers and Investigation Discovery channel knew they would get a lot of attention if they had him confess to Nicole and Ron's murder. Look at all the free promotion this show is getting. Are we really going to discuss whether this guy killed Nicole & Ron? The OJ case is not some mystery. Ron's parents don't seem very happy with this stupid confession. I doubt the show mentioned any physical evidence tying him to the crime. Sorry, but I think having a discussion about whether Rogers did it or not is just a waste and giving him the attention he desperately wants, but I can't tell people what to post. JMO.

I didn't watch the show but I have a feeling Rogers and Investigation Discovery channel knew they would get a lot of attention if they had him confess to Nicole and Ron's murder. Look at all the free promotion this show is getting. Are we really going to discuss whether this guy killed Nicole & Ron? The OJ case is not some mystery. Ron's parents don't seem very happy with this stupid confession. I doubt the show mentioned any physical evidence tying him to the crime. Sorry, but I think having a discussion about whether Rogers did it or not is just a waste and giving him the attention he desperately wants, but I can't tell people what to post. JMO.

Of course their not going to throw out the murder trial of OJ with being their defense of OJ as the only killer because that would make their multimillion dollar defense worthless, and all the books and movies out there worthless. This guy called his sister or brother I have to go back and watch again before the death of, Nicole and Ron and told his brother or sister guess who I'm hanging with Nicole and Faye Resnick and I'm going to take the b****down, Nicole is married to a football player a black guy don't know his name according to Greg the Killer. They have a lot of money. You have to watch the documentary to come to a conclusion of your own because it is so hard to explain, the Killer Greg had been killing since the age of 13 and didn't get caught for sometime. The brother turned him in when he found a body in their home. I don't want to get into to much detail because I have to watch it again to get everything right.

The thing is; OJ is such an infamous case that any "news" about it, even 18 years later, gets national coverage. The producers and Rogers know exactly what they are doing. By having him confess to Nicole & Ron's case, they get instant national attention for their show, which means higher ratings. If this guy was serious, or his family was, they would be working with LAPD not making a TV show and doing the media circuit.

It's no mystery!

OJ did it. Every scrap of evidence points to him and him alone.

Serial killers just aren't as infamous as they used to be. This guy wants notoriety.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing is; OJ is such an infamous case that any "news" about it, even 18 years later, gets national coverage. The producers and Rogers know exactly what they are doing. By having him confess to Nicole & Ron's case, they get instant national attention for their show, which means higher ratings. If this guy was serious, or his family was, they would be working with LAPD not making a TV show and doing the media circuit.

The name of the documentary is called My Brother the Serial Killer and you have to watch it before you can understand what it's about. It didn't mention Nicole and Ron anywhere in the description of what the show was about, which says Glen Rogers embarks on a cross-country killing spree Documentary. 95 % of the documentary is about Glen and Clay and their childhood, and their long criminal history. It's two hours long. I watched it because I never heard of this guy. In the beginning it mentions Nicole, Ron and OJ then Clay saying his brother called and said guess who I'm hanging out with Nicole Simpson and said she's rich and he was going to be taking her down. Then they go into the family background. If the producers and Clay wanted higher ratings don't you think they would have said somewhere in the title I think my brother killed Nicole and Ron?

It's no mystery!

OJ did it. Every scrap of evidence points to him and him alone.

Serial killers just aren't as infamous as they used to be. This guy wants notoriety.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was arrested in 1995 why would he wait until 2010 - 2012 the year he is suppose to die for notoriety? He has two death sentences, one in Florida and one in California. This guy claims to have killed 70 men and women. If he wanted notoriety he could have started confessing to all those murders and gotten plenty of notoriety. Just like Bundy, Dahmer, Son of Sam ect. Serial killers are as infamous as they use to be just google serial killers and there are over 6 million. If you google infamous serial killers you get a little over 400k. It's not that their not infamous, it's just to hard to remember each and every one. Remember this, Greg isn't saying OJ had nothing to do with the murders.

http://writersforensicsblog.wordpre...blogger-katherine-ramsland-who-killed-nicole/

The name of the documentary is called My Brother the Serial Killer and you have to watch it before you can understand what it's about. It didn't mention Nicole and Ron anywhere in the description of what the show was about, which says Glen Rogers embarks on a cross-country killing spree Documentary. 95 % of the documentary is about Glen and Clay and their childhood, and their long criminal history. It's two hours long. I watched it because I never heard of this guy. In the beginning it mentions Nicole, Ron and OJ then Clay saying his brother called and said guess who I'm hanging out with Nicole Simpson and said she's rich and he was going to be taking her down. Then they go into the family background. If the producers and Clay wanted higher ratings don't you think they would have said somewhere in the title I think my brother killed Nicole and Ron?

They don't need to put it in the title. The ONLY reason this TV special is being talked about is because Rogers confessed to Nicole and Ron's killing. People hear about this on CNN and then they tune into the show on ID. It's free advertising for the program.

He was arrested in 1995 why would he wait until 2010 - 2012 the year he is suppose to die for notoriety? He has two death sentences, one in Florida and one in California. This guy claims to have killed 70 men and women. If he wanted notoriety he could have started confessing to all those murders and gotten plenty of notoriety. Just like Bundy, Dahmer, Son of Sam ect. Serial killers are as infamous as they use to be just google serial killers and there are over 6 million. If you google infamous serial killers you get a little over 400k. It's not that their not infamous, it's just to hard to remember each and every one. Remember this, Greg isn't saying OJ had nothing to do with the murders.

http://writersforensicsblog.wordpre...blogger-katherine-ramsland-who-killed-nicole/

I'm not sure what google results have to do with this. Obviously, there is going to be a lot of stuff about serial killers on the Internet. But they are not as infamous as they once were. There is no serial killer from 2000-2012 who is on the same notoriety level as Gacy or Bundy or Zodiac. You rarely hear about them on the news anymore either.

I'm not sure what google results have to do with this. Obviously, there is going to be a lot of stuff about serial killers on the Internet. But they are not as infamous as they once were. There is no serial killer from 2000-2012 who is on the same notoriety level as Gacy or Bundy or Zodiac. You rarely hear about them on the news anymore either.

They may say there is less but do they really know. What about Philip Markoff, Dennis Rader. Joseph Duncan and The Daytona Beach Killer, just to name a few. Google is how you find out who they are and what they did and if they are still on the loose. Just take a look at the link below, do you know who all these serial killers are? Do you know when they committed their crimes? If you do then you don't need google , but I doubt very much you know who every person on this list is.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/complete_list.html

Here is a 100 pictures of women and some men who some still are unidentified found in a serial killers locker. Still think that there's not some infamous killers on the loose. It's a different world then the Ted Bundy days because we have social networking and crime websites like websleuths that we can inform each other about killers on the loose.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2010/03/11/100-photos-found-in-serial-killers-locker/

I'm not claiming there are less serial killers overall today. 21st century serial killers are not as infamous though. They are not as well known. There are not as many books or TV specials or exclusive interviews with them. They do not have instant name recognition. By saying that you doubt I know everyone on that list, you are just proving my point about them not being as well known. The most notorious ones on that list are from the 80s and earlier. Name me one serial killer who committed his murders from 2000-2012 who is just as notorious as Dahmer/Gacy/Bundy.

I'm not claiming there are less serial killers overall today. 21st century serial killers are not as infamous though. They are not as well known. There are not as many books or TV specials or exclusive interviews with them. They do not have instant name recognition. By saying that you doubt I know everyone on that list, you are just proving my point about them not being as well known. The most notorious ones on that list are from the 80s and earlier. Name me one serial killer who committed his murders from 2000-2012 who is just as notorious as Dahmer/Gacy/Bundy.

Two of the names I used were Philip Markoff who was the Craig List Killer and the second name I used Dennis Rader BTK killer who I'm sure you heard of. Rader was caught in 2005 and he is notorious. Many movies, books , documentaries.were made about him, another name I used Markoff who was caught in 2009. If he hadn't killed himself in 2010 I'm sure there would have been many movies, books and documentaries made about him. People are very aware of who he was and he changed the policies and the way people go about dating on the internet.

I saw this program, and GRs story makes no sense to me.

GR claims that OJ hired him to steal some diamond earrings from Nicole. Then OJ stopped by to check on the progress of the crime, hence the Bruno Maglis.
Why would OJ hire someone to commit a crime for him, only to show up to the scene of the crime and implicate himself, anyway?

GR gave his mother an angel pin and asked her to wear it to his trial. His siblings are now claiming that GR stole it from Nicole, who had a collection of angel jewelry. The pin they showed, however, appeared to be a cheap pin that was very popular a few years ago, and could have been purchased from the Dollar Store.

His story was not credible IMO.

Two of the names I used were Philip Markoff who was the Craig List Killer and the second name I used Dennis Rader BTK killer who I'm sure you heard of. Rader was caught in 2005 and he is notorious. Many movies, books , documentaries.were made about him, another name I used Markoff who was caught in 2009. If he hadn't killed himself in 2010 I'm sure there would have been many movies, books and documentaries made about him. People are very aware of who he was and he changed the policies and the way people go about dating on the internet.

Yes, I've heard of both of them. BTK was caught in the '00s but all of his murders were committed in the 70s-early 90s. He's not a 21st century serial killer. He was notorious for decades before his capture. Philip Markoff only killed one person. He's not a serial killer. But I'm not sure why his death would prevent books, TV specials, and movies from being made.

I saw this program, and GRs story makes no sense to me.

GR claims that OJ hired him to steal some diamond earrings from Nicole. Then OJ stopped by to check on the progress of the crime, hence the Bruno Maglis.
Why would OJ hire someone to commit a crime for him, only to show up to the scene of the crime and implicate himself, anyway?

GR gave his mother an angel pin and asked her to wear it to his trial. His siblings are now claiming that GR stole it from Nicole, who had a collection of angel jewelry. The pin they showed, however, appeared to be a cheap pin that was very popular a few years ago, and could have been purchased from the Dollar Store.

His story was not credible IMO.

At least you saw the show and I respect your opinion. You have to admit Greg is a serial killer and he liked to stab women cut their throats ear to ear, and then rob them for practically nothing. He also liked killing them in the bathtub so the blood would drain and you can get rid of a lot of evidence that way. Nicole had the bathtub full, wonder if she was just going to take a bath or was she expecting someone? Usually you don't have candles for yourself, but I didn't know her lifestyle. I have no idea about OJ showing up, I just know there was another footprint found at the scene and it was not Brunos. There was also an unidentified blonde hair found at the scene, Greg had blonde hair. I couldn't tell whether the pin was cheap or not it's hard to tell whether jewelry is cheap or real on t.v. IMO. The family did say it had a diamond in it. How did he know she collected angels? I wonder if his mother or whom ever received the pin in the mail kept the envelope? I wonder why Tom Lang was never called to testify being an eye witness, to the scene of the crime. What Greg's brother Clay said about him burying bodies in a cemetery because no one would think to look there was creepy. Especially because they have a family plot, in the middle of no where. Another thing his brother Clay said Greg was hanging out with Nicole Simpson and her friend Faye so how did he know their names before her death? Wonder if they have phone records to prove he was calling from California? No matter what Greg Rogers will die soon, and a lot of people out there are never going to know what happened to their loved ones if he did kill 70 people, that is just so sad. If he is saying this to save his life it won't work. If he wants to let the families know where their loved ones are then I would let him take LE to their graves, and then kill him.

Yes, I've heard of both of them. BTK was caught in the '00s but all of his murders were committed in the 70s-early 90s. He's not a 21st century serial killer. He was notorious for decades before his capture. Philip Markoff only killed one person. He's not a serial killer. But I'm not sure why his death would prevent books, TV specials, and movies from being made.

BTK was arrested in 2005. LE were ready to presume he was dead or in prison, but his narcissism got the best of him.

The Floppy Did Me In’

This is the story of how Rader was caught. And of how he almost got away.

“Him sending that disk is what cracked the case,” Landwehr says. “If he had just quit [killing] and kept his mouth shut, we might never have connected the dots.”

Rader was still smarting about the apparent betrayal in the hours after his Feb. 25, 2005, arrest, expressing shock at the fact police would intentionally deceive him and saying he thought he had a rapport going with Landwehr, whom he referred to by his first name.

http://www.abajournal.com/magazine/article/how_the_cops_caught_btk/

As far as Philip I remember that he did only kill one besides himself, his movie on Lifetime was a big hit with very high ratings. I believe he would have killed again if he didn't get caught.

Markoff would be indicted for three cases – Julissa Brisman and Trisha Leffler included. Despite the charges against Markoff, McAllister initially believed she would still marry Philip. “We expect to marry in August and share and wonderful, meaningful life together.”

http://news.lalate.com/category/philip-markoff/

Points have been made... let's move on please...

The documentary is online: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtJtVD63FHU"]My Brother The Serial Killer (2013 Serial Killer Documentary) - YouTube[/ame]

This family really dissected & exposed itself... good, bad & otherwise. Interesting.

If Rogers' tale was true, OJ could have indeed found the real killer. It's impossible to see on video, but if the angel pin Rogers sent his mother is really gold & diamond, I bet he stole it from Nicole Simpson's home when he was there painting. Also, I don't think he ever "hung out" with her as he bragged to his family. He simply met her or knew of the celebrity status when working at her home. He seemed to want recognition & approval from them, just not enough to make his life about anything worthy of such.

I do believe he is responsible for the people he is accused of killing. And many more.

Despite Trail of Bodies, Suspect Crosses Country, Eluding Police
AP
Published: November 12, 1995
The authorities say Glen Rogers could talk a person into anything. A ride. A place to stay. A romance. And they say that in the past two months, Mr. Rogers has befriended at least four women as he moved across the country. All four died violently, and Mr. Rogers is being sought in their deaths.

Mr. Rogers is also being sought in the killing of a 71-year-old man with whom he lived briefly in Ohio. Mr. Rogers's family has urged him to surrender.

"Glen, babe, if you hear this, please give up," his mother, Edna Rogers, said in a television interview.
OU alum's book tells scary tale of a serial killer caught too late
By Athens NEWS Staff
June 19, 2003
In 1993, ex-convict Glen Rogers, 31, the product of a brutal and poverty-stricken childhood in Hamilton, was living and working with the elderly Mark Peters, a retired electrician who dabbled in restoring furniture. Peters was last seen alive in October 1993; about three months later, acting on information from one of Rogers' brothers, police from Hamilton, aided by police volunteers from Kentucky, searched a Rogers family cabin in Lee County, Ky.
They found a body that forensics analysis and on-site clues -- including a raffle ticket from a Hamilton VFW, inscribed with Peters' initials, address and phone number -- suggested was almost certainly Peters.
more at the link

Smooth Operator
By Bill Hewitt
People
December 4, 1995
Keener scarcely thought about the incident until a few days later when L.A. homicide detectives visited her and showed her a picture of a woman. It was Sandra Gallagher, 33, who had been at McRed's and who had been found strangled to death in her burning pickup the morning after Keener's blowup with Rogers. In that instant, Keener was sure she knew who was responsible. For the next six weeks, until Rogers was captured following a high-speed car chase through rural Kentucky on Nov. 13, Keener would keep a .38 strapped to her waist for protection.
MOTHER, SISTER OF MURDER VICTIM SPEAK TO JURY IN ROGERS' TRIAL.
Byline: Douglas Haberman Staff Writer

``When my son-in-law called me and told me her pickup had been found on fire and there was a body in it, I started screaming and couldn't stop,'' she told jurors, who must decide whether to recommend the death penalty.

Gallagher was 33 when Rogers met her in a Van Nuys bar in September 1995 and strangled her. On Tuesday, the jury convicted the Florida Death Row inmate of murder.

Gallagher left behind three sons. The two youngest boys ``told me, Mammy, sometimes I can't remember my mother's face without a picture,'' Baxter testified. The oldest son has closed up emotionally, she added.

``They need their mother,'' said Baxter. ``And they don't have her.''
Glen Rogers Convicted of Van Nuys Murder
June 23, 1999
T. CHRISTIAN MILLER | TIMES STAFF WRITER
Verdict: 1995 slaying of Sandra Gallagher leads to second first-degree conviction for killer. He now faces another death sentence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage
Back