Problems found with boy's numerical name 'Jake 2.0'

Anngelique

Reaction score
February 4, 2005

Problems found with boy's numerical name 'Jake 2.0'

OLALLA, Wash. - "Jake 2.0" didn't cut it with viewers, and a couple who named their son Jake Matthew Thompson 2.0 are finding the numerical part doesn't cut it with businesses and government agencies.
Although decimal designations are commonly used for successive versions of computer software, many computers can't seem to handle it for human names, parents Kyle Thompson and Dawn Carpenter have been told.

Their son was born on Feb. 4, 2004, a couple of months after the UPN science fiction show was canceled after less than four months on the air, but they still liked the name.

"He's like an upgrade of us, the better version," Thompson said.

The state birth certificate, however, reads "Jake Matthew Thompson Two Point Zero," the child's Social Security card reads simply "Jake Matthew Thompson" and Gerber Baby Foods was unable to fill an order for a "Jake 2.0" spoon, sending one that said merely "Jake" with the birth date.

Officials at the Social Security Administration and state Health Department said their equipment can handle only letters with hyphens and apostrophes.

Carpenter, a housekeeper at a convalescent home and an aspiring actress, said some co-workers have told her that when her son reaches school age, classmates will make fun of his name, "but I don't worry about it.

They made fun of me because my nose is small. They make fun of you no matter what you do."

http://katu.com/stories/74663.html

These parents are idiots!!

messiecake said:
These parents are idiots!!

I keep thinking about that horrible Vanilla Ice song about putting the top down on his 2.0, so his hair could blow. :eek: :eek:

LOL Jeana
The fact that you can quote the lyrics to a Vanilla Ice song somehow scares me.

tybee204 said:
LOL Jeana
The fact that you can quote the lyrics to a Vanilla Ice song somehow scares me.

My son was going through his "gangsta" period of adolescence and I think I heard that stupid song at least 10 times a day!!!

LOL I was picturing you behind closed curtains rocking to Ice Ice Baby.

tybee204 said:
LOL I was picturing you behind closed curtains rocking to Ice Ice Baby.

HaHaHa!!! Hey, don't doubt it! I probably did at some point during all that! I couldn't get into the "cowboy" phase he went to after the "gangsta" phase ended though! Maybe seeing me sing that song is what did it! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thats alright
I keep finding my self singing eminem songs because of my son's playing them over and over again.

When my older son was a teenager I remember the Dangerous Minds Soundtrack being played so much in my house it was invading my dream state.

Jeana (DP) said:
My son was going through his "gangsta" period of adolescence and I think I heard that stupid song at least 10 times a day!!!
Its OK Jeana. This song was popular when I first went to college and I know all the words as well... I can't help it....It played 24/7 in my dorm for an entire semester.

BirdieBoo said:
Its OK Jeana. This song was popular when I first went to college and I know all the words as well... I can't help it....It played 24/7 in my dorm for an entire semester.

Hello - "All right stop, collaborate and listen Ice is back with my brand new invention, something grabs a hold of me tightly then I flow like a harpoon daily and nightly, Will it ever stop? Yo, I don't know turn off the lights and I'll glow to the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle. "

"Rollin' in my 5.0 with my ragtop down so my hair can blow, the girlies on standby, Waving just to say Hi, did you stop? No, I just drove by, kept on pursuing to the next stop, I busted a left and I'm heading to the next block, that block was dead Yo, so I continued to A1A Beachfront Ave. "

I am sad to say, This is from Memory - lol. There is more stuff in the middle and at the end - lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back