GUILTY PA - Miles Sherman for child abuse, New Kingstown, 2012

Holy wow... it seems scary to be a kid nowadays!

Thank goodness the little boy is alive. Look at this dudes eyes!!

So many questions:

What in the heck is this guy doing in a motel room with a five year old?

What is his relationship wih/to the child?

What caused attendents to enter the room and find the child?

Did this abusive moron leave the room with the child hanging there not thinking the atendent would find him during cleaning the room?

I can't even click on the link...I can't take more sets of dead eyes staring at me...this is just...I'm speechless...:furious:

How odd that the article seems to try to focus on the fact that he was left alone and unattended in the hotel room by the perp.

Hello. Alone and unattended? He was battered and left hanging from a hook.

About all I could find is this batterer goes to school up in the parts where this happened. School was out for Thanksgiving. So who is this poor child and why was he in this place with this guy?

The guy has a Twitter account. I don't subscribe so I can't see all of it. A photo though shows him and friends at what looks like the seashore. Frighteningly normal.

Poor little guy. This may frighten him for the rest of his days.

November 2012:

His bail may have been reduced, but Correal imposed special bail conditions, which means if Sherman’s bail is posted, he will not be released unless he is taken into the care of a drug and alcohol rehabilitation facility...

According to the affidavit, the child had been hit on several locations on his body, had marks on his face, neck, back, abdomen, waist, groin and legs, and told personnel the Sherman had “tied him up.”

The document states the child told police that Sherman used his belt and tied him up, as well as locked him inside a cabinet under the sink.

The document also states that the child demonstrated for police what had happened, saying he was hung by the waist from a bar in the closet which police say is about six feet off the floor.

When asked if he hurt, the child responded “all over,” the document said...

When questioned about the child’s injuries, Sherman told police that it had started as punishment for the child urinating himself, and when the child continued to cry, he hit him, the document said...

Sherman was also questioned about the child having blood in his underwear and responded that he “wasn’t a pedophile and would not touch a child in that manner,” the document said.

At the hospital, police say the child also told officers that he was locked in a closet and told he would have to live there, and was also zipped inside a blue bag and told he would have to stay there.

http://m.cumberlink.com/news/local/...cle_2d076526-39c3-11e2-a2bd-0019bb2963f4.html

May 2013:

Miles Sherman, 20, who pleaded guilty April 18 to charges of endangering the welfare of children, simple assault, recklessly endangering another person and harassment, was sentenced Tuesday by Judge Christylee Peck to 9 to 23 months in Cumberland County prison and 2 years of probation...

Police indicate that when they found the boy in the room, they discovered he had numerous bumps and bruises, requiring that he be taken to the hospital.

In addition to being locked in a cabinet, police said the boy was also suspended from a closet hanger rod with a belt, and had other injuries likely from being hit, kicked and choked

miles-sherman-0580f69f7a1f49f7jpg-740154f62b63ec06.jpg

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2013/05/camp_hill_man_sentenced_for_lo.html

What? 9-23 MONTHS? Outrageous! Years would be more appropriate. That type of abuse could impact that boy for the entirety of his life. I wish they would weigh psychological impact heavier in cases like this.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Disgusting.

Is this guy related to the child or what?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back