VA VA - Dashad "Sage" Smith, 19, Charlottesville, 20 Nov 2012

mare2929

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
dashadsmith4.jpg

HARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WTVR)–He was last seen on Tuesday, November 20, in the 500 block of West Main Street.

Charlottesville Police said that Smith had phone contact with Erik T. McFadden that Tuesday and then told friends he was going to meet someone on West Main Street.

Smith has not been seen or heard from since. McFadden, who at the time was living on 14th Street NW, confirmed to Investigators that he did have phone contact with Smith and planned to meet Smith near the Amtrak Station on West Main Street.

McFadden told police the meeting never took place. Police have reason to believe that McFadden has now left the Charlottesville area.

Police and family report that Smith occasionally wears women’s clothes and goes by the name Sage.

Smith’s mother, Latasha Grooms, said she went to pick up her son in Charlottesville for Thanksgiving and was unable to find him.

Smith is 19 years old, 5’11″, 130 pounds and was last seen wearing a black jacket, dark grey sweat pants, black scarf and grey boots.

Flyers have been distributed around Charlottesville and a candlelight vigil will be held Wednesday night, Nov. 28, at Lee Park.

A facebook page has been created for Dashad and can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/FindSageSmith

If you have information on Dashad Laquinn Smith or Erik McFadden or any knowledge of this case please contact Sgt. Marc Brake at 434-970-3970 or Crimestoppers at 434-977-4000.

dashadsmith.jpg

http://wtvr.com/2012/11/28/transgender-virginia-teen-missing-8-days/

one missing poster says 5'8" in height....one 5'11' need more information...this is another that does not look good :(

Not getting good feelings about this one...come home safely Dashad!

Since I am from Baltimore and Erik's facebook page says he is a graduate from a school in the area, I contacted a local news station to ask them to run the story. Erik may still have ties here. They asked me to send the info so we will see.

Has anyone seen anything about Erik ever living in SC?

ETA: Nevermind, I don't think its the same guy...different DOB

He is gorgeous, no matter what gender he dresses as. I hope no-one took advantage of his looks :(

Yes, he certainly is. I hope not either. We don't know enough yet, but I am feeling this is hate crime related. JMO.

A very striking young man, I hope he is found soon. His family and friends must be missing him terribly, just by looking at his pictures I get a very fun vibe from him, which only hints at how he must be in person.

I'm holding out for a happy ending on this one, hopefully he just needed a break and has taken off for a while. Come home soon, Dashad.

Yes, he certainly is. I hope not either. We don't know enough yet, but I am feeling this is hate crime related. JMO.

Unfortunately, I feel much the same, which is upsetting. There were probably a few people that felt very uncomfortable with the way Dashad dresses, and I'm worried that they may have come across him while on his way to meet a friend that night and taken advantage of the situation.

Is West Main Street a busy area on a Tuesday night?

LE have come out and said they have evidence to suggest he has left the area, so hopefully my thoughts are way off base.

A very striking young man, I hope he is found soon. His family and friends must be missing him terribly, just by looking at his pictures I get a very fun vibe from him, which only hints at how he must be in person.

I'm holding out for a happy ending on this one, hopefully he just needed a break and has taken off for a while. Come home soon, Dashad.

I get the same vibe. Judging from his FB pic comments, it looks like he is very loved by friends. I may also add, what a wonderful sense of fashion he has! I truly hope he is safe :(

You can tell from the pics that Sage/Dashad has a beautiful soul.
Come home soon!

No news about Sage this morning that I can see on the FB page. :sigh:

I hope LE are checking to see if EM is back at school in PA and following up with him.

Come home soon, Sage - you are missed and loved :rose:

Well, I gave the news station until the noon news today to see if they did anything. I have not seen anything about it so I will try to contact the other stations.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back