Match! TX - Minze, Barbara dob 13 Feb, 1932 died 15 Oct. 2011

Lori_TX

Reaction score
Do any of you know how to find info on unclaimed persons in Texas - specifically Tarrant County?

We can try. Do u have a name of the unclaimed.

I am looking for my grandmother. Basically, she was not a huge part of my life because she was horribly abusive to my dad when he was growing up. They re established their relationship a few years ago and she ended up moving in with my dad after her husband died. My dad is a raging alcoholic who cannot take care of his own needs, and I typically only have contact with him if he's found himself at a hospital somewhere (which happens frequently). Anyway, a few months after she moved into my dads house, Adult Protective Services got involved and took her to an undisclosed location. I only got this information second hand from my mother after my father called her in the middle of the night crying about it. He doesn't even remember when they removed her from his care but it was sometime in 2008. I have periodically searched for info on her, and checked social security records regularly. Recently, her social security number was added to the index. She passed away 10/15/2011 in tarrant county. I can find no other information on what city, where she's buried, etc. since both if her children are estranged and now homeless and/or addicts, I am not sure how to go about establishing next of kin. I have spoken to both of them and neither of them were notified of her death. She has no other living relatives, and although we were not close, I am saddened that her life ended this way. I feel like I have an obligation to find her and claim her if possible.

I'm sorry for the long post. I just wanted to give a little background info on why I'm asking the question. Her name is Barbara Lee Minze. Maiden name: Codling

I truly appreciate any info or help with this!! :)

I will start searching and see what I can find to help you. Send me a link to her SSDI death link.

Your Welcome, I will do some more research tonight and this week.

Lori, I am going to make a few calls tomorrow and see what I can find out for you.

Lori, your grandmother was cremated the hospital will not give out the info. without a request.. Texas Harris in forth worth. go to THR.org and fill out request and get it to them or if u are close u can go there in person.. The ME said a Chris Porter signed off on the cremation.. Let me know if u can get the info. Or if u need more help.

Lori, U can go to the vital records in Arlington show you Id and bring $21.00 dolllars and get your Grandmothers death Cert. and that should show the funeral home and u should be able to claim your grandmother.. Keep me in formed

I know this is SUPER late, but I just wanted to thank you so much for your help!! I really appreciate it :)

Now that I have a breather from another crazy situation in my life, I can get this taken care of! I will let you know what happens! :)

I just wanted to give a little update on my grandmother. Her ashes are with family and we finally have some idea of what happened after we lost contact with her. I want to thank you again for you assistance in helping me with this! You're amazing! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back