Holy hashtag! Pope joins the tweeting masses, answering questions on faith

~n/t~

Reaction score
VATICAN CITY – Benedict XVI, the pope known for his hefty volumes of theology, is now trying brevity — spreading the faith through his own Twitter account.
The pontiff will tweet starting Dec. 12 using his personal handle (at)Pontifex, responding live to questions about faith during his weekly general audience, the Vatican said Monday.
Questions can be submitted to (hash)askpontifex, and the pope will likely respond to three to five of those sent from around the world, the Vatican's communications adviser Greg Burke told a news conference.
The pope sent his first tweet last year from a Vatican account to launch the Holy See's news information portal, part of efforts to increase the church presence in social media and spread the faith. A personal Twitter account for the 85-year-old Benedict has been the subject of speculation ever since; Monday's news conference was packed in an indication of the interest it has generated.
Burke said the handle (at)Pontifex was chosen because it not only means pope in Latin, but also bridge-builder, suggesting unity. How often will the pope tweet? "As often as he wants," Burke said, adding that he hoped the tweeting would be frequent and regular.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/12/03/pope-twitter-handle-pontifex-first-tweet/

2 cool! Just what I've been w8ing 4, answers to questions of divinity in 140 characters. :)

Cool, but i just heard on the news that after the first tweet, it will be his staff doing most of the tweeting

Pope sends first tweet, blessing his followers

VATICAN CITY -- Pope Benedict XVI hit the 1 million Twitter follower mark on Wednesday as he sent his first tweet from his new account, blessing his online fans and urging them to listen to Christ.
In perhaps the most drawn out Twitter launch ever, the 85-year-old Benedict pushed the button on a tablet brought to him at the end of his general audience after the equivalent of a papal drum roll by an announcer who intoned: "And now the pope will tweet!"
"Dear friends, I am pleased to get in touch with you through Twitter. Thank you for your generous response. I bless all of you from my heart," the inaugural tweet read.

image.jpeg

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sci-tech/pope-sends-first-tweet-blessing-his-followers-1.1075948

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back